NYU 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Huluba23

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Huluba23 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:41 pm

Ye pretty excited about Fordham (especially with scholly) but how sweet would it be if nyu comes through :roll:

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:41 pm

Interminable_Waiting wrote:Just called NYU for laughs...

IW: Hi, my name is IW and I am awesome; I was wondering if NYU has recognized this...

Nice Lady: Unfortunately I cannot tell you if they have or not. I can tell you they are done debating your merits and have sent you a piece of paper to determine your fate.

IW: Oh okay. See here's the thing... I have to accept my scholarship at Georgetown tomorrow morning at 9 AM or lose 60K. If I accept I have to withdraw from your purple palace. Please give me more info.

Nice Lady: Unfortunately I cannot tell you anything at all. I can be pleasant though.

IW: Okay. Well can you tell me if they made a decision on this Tuesday or earlier?

Nice Lady: Well I can't really tell you that...

IW: Has the response been in the mail since Tuesday?

Nice Lady: Yes.

IW: Does the Admitted Student's Website still update every Wednesday?

Nice Lady: Yes. It should update at least once a week on Wednesdays, and maybe more.

IW: Okay. Thank you.

The end. A sad ending, to be sure.

FML. FOL, really. :cry:

but this was super-amusing!

lta

Postby lta » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:45 pm

hannah87 wrote:

IW: Hi, my name is IW and I am awesome; I was wondering if NYU has recognized this...

Nice Lady: Unfortunately I cannot tell you if they have or not. I can tell you they are done debating your merits and have sent you a piece of paper to determine your fate.

IW: Oh okay. See here's the thing... I have to accept my scholarship at Georgetown tomorrow morning at 9 AM or lose 60K. If I accept I have to withdraw from your purple palace. Please give me more info.

Nice Lady: Unfortunately I cannot tell you anything at all. I can be pleasant though.

IW: Okay. Well can you tell me if they made a decision on this Tuesday or earlier?

Nice Lady: Yes. It should update at least once a week on Wednesdays, and maybe more.

I think the "i can be pleasant though" was my favourite part

jl2032

Postby jl2032 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:50 pm

lta wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

+1

btw, your writing "favourite" with the u is awesome... and i knew a girl named ita who was awesome as well... so, an additional +2 for you :)

lta

Postby lta » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:54 pm

jl2032 wrote:
lta wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

+1

btw, your writing "favourite" with the u is awesome... and i knew a girl named ita who was awesome as well... so, an additional +2 for you :)

:D

Z3RO

Postby Z3RO » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:55 pm

I liked calling NYU "your purple place".

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:48 pm

Nothing, again, in Austin.

Huluba23

Postby Huluba23 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:49 pm

Checking in just got my mail.

Rejected by nyu finally was not expecting an outright rejection but good to here some news. :)

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:51 pm

Huluba23 wrote:Checking in just got my mail.

Rejected by nyu finally was not expecting an outright rejection but good to here some news. :)

i'm so sorry!! wow, that's ridiculous that they kept you hanging on for so long. i have a bad feeling about my own brooklyn mailbox right now :shock: .

starsong

Postby starsong » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:54 pm

Huluba23 wrote:Checking in just got my mail.

Wow I'm so sorry to hear. Where do you think you'll be going?

Huluba23

Postby Huluba23 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:56 pm

Ye sucks gotta keep hoping for CLS now I really was expecting a waitlist from nyu I already had my LOCI written :x

starsong

Postby starsong » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:58 pm

Huluba23 wrote:Ye sucks gotta keep hoping for CLS now I really was expecting a waitlist from nyu I already had my LOCI written :x

Good luck on CLS, hang in there!

Huluba23

Postby Huluba23 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:05 pm

starsong wrote:
Huluba23 wrote:Ye sucks gotta keep hoping for CLS now I really was expecting a waitlist from nyu I already had my LOCI written :x

Thanx. Im pretty sure I had one of the worst cycles ever for my numbers besides for the Fordham scholly :(

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:05 pm

Huluba23 wrote:
starsong wrote:

Thanx. Im pretty sure I had one of the worst cycles ever for my numbers besides for the Fordham scholly :(

care to share?? :)

Huluba23

Postby Huluba23 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:06 pm

This is a good place to vent though

Cali167

Postby Cali167 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:06 pm

Just got the mail....Waitlist. I will definitely be hanging in there on this one. For some reason I feel like there is a little hope on this waitlist. I don't feel the same way about Columbia's. Anyway, we will see.

starsong

Postby starsong » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:10 pm

Cali167 wrote:Just got the mail....Waitlist. I will definitely be hanging in there on this one. For some reason I feel like there is a little hope on this waitlist. I don't feel the same way about Columbia's. Anyway, we will see.

LSN stats from prior years (excluding last year) support what you're saying. NYU places significantly less people on the WL and accepts far more than CLS. Someone made an official comparison of the two last year, and NYU WL admits >> CLS by a big margin...

EDIT: sorry misread you the first time :-)
Last edited by starsong on Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

starsong

Postby starsong » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:11 pm

Huluba23 wrote:
starsong wrote:

Heh I think I could take that title from you...

Cali167

Postby Cali167 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:12 pm

starsong wrote:
Cali167 wrote:Just got the mail....Waitlist. I will definitely be hanging in there on this one. For some reason I feel like there is a little hope on this waitlist. I don't feel the same way about Columbia's. Anyway, we will see.

Actually, LSN stats from prior years (excluding last year) seem to indicate the opposite. NYU places significantly less people on the WL and accepts far more than CLS. Someone made an official comparison of the two last year, and NYU WL admits >> CLS by a big margin...

Yeah sorry I wasn't clear. I meant there is at least a little hope on this waitlist as opposed to virtually no hope on Columbia's haha....

Huluba23

Postby Huluba23 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:12 pm

Hey mind sharing your numbers?

starsong

Postby starsong » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:13 pm

Cali167 wrote:
starsong wrote:

Actually, LSN stats from prior years (excluding last year) seem to indicate the opposite. NYU places significantly less people on the WL and accepts far more than CLS. Someone made an official comparison of the two last year, and NYU WL admits >> CLS by a big margin...

Yeah sorry I wasn't clear. I meant there is at least a little hope on this waitlist as opposed to virtually no hope on Columbia's haha....

Yep my bad, read "a little" as "little"--my fault! :)

Cali167

Postby Cali167 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:15 pm

Huluba23 wrote:

Hey mind sharing your numbers?

167/3.8 Strong softs (own my own business). As far as i'm concerned all of these schools are ridiculous reaches. A year ago I would have laughed if anyone said I would have been WL at a top 5 and accepted into top 20's with money. Definitely excited to even be considered.

Huluba23

Postby Huluba23 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:20 pm

congrats good luck

xokel87

Postby xokel87 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:42 pm

waitlisted. postmarked 4/20, arrived in the bay area (CA) today. 165 / 3.92. Figured I'd get rejected. Now riding waitlists @ NYU, CLS, Berkeley..

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:59 pm

in the biggest WTF moment of my cycle, REJECTED by NYU. i was pretty sure i'd be waitlisted. maybe the 2 LOCIs i sent before my decision were a turn-off? who knows. strange cycle, indeed.

168/3.9 (took LSAT only once)
TTT public school, graduated last year
lots of ECs and internships
working full-time this year

got into UVa and got rejected by NYU. weird.

good luck, guys. it's been real :D

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”