NYU 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Helmholtz

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Helmholtz » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:54 pm

Nothing in today's mail.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:08 pm

Called. Got a "maybe you'll get something sometime this week?"

lovepink2

Postby lovepink2 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:15 pm

Helmholtz wrote:Called. Got a "maybe you'll get something sometime this week?"

They told me this last week, I have yet to receive anything and I cannot log into the admitted students site.

The way their Admissions Office conducts business is pretty sloppy. It definitely leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:18 pm

lovepink2 wrote:

They told me this last week, I have yet to receive anything and I cannot log into the admitted students site.

The way their Admissions Office conducts business is pretty sloppy. It definitely leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm quickly becoming pressed up against an admissions deposit deadline at the school I'm 99% sure I'm going to (and I need to withdraw my other applications), I would have loved to at least have another good option to think about before pulling the trigger, but this is just ridiculous. I'm trying to decide whether I should withdraw from NYU today or tomorrow. Mind boggling that I would have to wait 29 weeks after application just to get an initial decision.

lovepink2

Postby lovepink2 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:29 pm

How soon is the deadline? If I were you I would just wait it out until you absolutely have to withdraw. FWIW They've been saying that decisions should be out by the end of this week, you've already waited this long for an answer, you may as well stick it out until the bitter end.

It would drive me insane to never know their answer, but if you're okay not knowing than go for it...

wjnahill

Postby wjnahill » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:32 pm

lovepink2 wrote:

So I guess we really are all getting waitlisted then. O well.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:33 pm

wjnahill wrote:
lovepink2 wrote:

So I guess we really are all getting waitlisted then. O well.

Yay!! I didn't get rejected?

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:33 pm

lovepink2 wrote:How soon is the deadline? If I were you I would just wait it out until you absolutely have to withdraw. FWIW They've been saying that decisions should be out by the end of this week, you've already waited this long for an answer, you may as well stick it out until the bitter end.

It would drive me insane to never know their answer, but if you're okay not knowing than go for it...

Deadline is the 30th, but I have special circumstances in which I would really, really like to have plans nailed down before then. Immensely aggravating.

The Pen Is Mightier

Postby The Pen Is Mightier » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:50 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
I'm quickly becoming pressed up against an admissions deposit deadline at the school I'm 99% sure I'm going to (and I need to withdraw my other applications), I would have loved to at least have another good option to think about before pulling the trigger, but this is just ridiculous. I'm trying to decide whether I should withdraw from NYU today or tomorrow. Mind boggling that I would have to wait 29 weeks after application just to get an initial decision.

I don't understand this. Isnt the $$$ for the deposit security enough for the school you'd be putting it down at? I always kinda assumed that we could just put multiple deposits down with the understanding that we'd lose them wherever we didn't end up going.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:54 pm

The Pen Is Mightier wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:

I don't understand this. Isnt the $$$ for the deposit security enough for the school you'd be putting it down at? I always kinda assumed that we could just put multiple deposits down with the understanding that we'd lose them wherever we didn't end up going.

You can, but my situation is pretty unique.

The Pen Is Mightier

Postby The Pen Is Mightier » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:15 pm

gotcha

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:21 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
The Pen Is Mightier wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:

You can, but my situation is pretty unique.

Being a TLS mod doesn't pay enough to allow you to put down more than 1 deposit if necessary? Dang

justbluemyself

Postby justbluemyself » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:33 pm

Still nothing for me.

Thisclose to depositing at CLS.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:36 pm

justbluemyself wrote:Still nothing for me.

sounds like a smart move. congrats again on CLS!

CG614

Postby CG614 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:37 pm

Would you choose NYU over CLS? Or do you just want that decision first?

justbluemyself

Postby justbluemyself » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:49 pm

CG614 wrote:

I wish I knew the answer! Due to my specific interest in public international law (Please nobody jump down my throat about how this doesn't really exist; I'm not an idiot.), NYU is objectively the best place for me, but the NYU area intimidates me quite a bit and I think I'd be far more comfortable in Morningside Heights. Plus, my visit to CLS assured me that the corporate/PI dichotomy isn't as marked as I'd previously gathered. CLS has many, many opportunities for public international law (their summer internship, in particular, is kickass), and I'd love to cross-register with their Middle Eastern Studies department.

Basically- I want to consider all the facts before I make a decision. And I wish NYU would show us all enough respect to WL us already!

parker09

Postby parker09 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:53 pm

justbluemyself wrote:I wish I knew the answer! Due to my specific interest in public international law (Please nobody jump down my throat about how this doesn't really exist; I'm not an idiot.), NYU is objectively the best place for me, but the NYU area intimidates me quite a bit and I think I'd be far more comfortable in Morningside Heights. Plus, my visit to CLS assured me that the corporate/PI dichotomy isn't as marked as I'd previously gathered. CLS has many, many opportunities for public international law (their summer internship, in particular, is kickass), and I'd love to cross-register with their Middle Eastern Studies department.

Wait, are you saying NYU or CLS is better for this? (Not trying to be snarky; am also interested in this sector, so just want to make sure I get all my facts straight!) ((Not that I will probably even have the choice since I am also being ignored by NYU.)) I always thought NYU = general PI but CLS = international anything.

Hey-O

Postby Hey-O » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:54 pm

Nothing again today. I hate my mailbox. I even get mad at my very nice mailman even though it is not his fault. Just freaking waitlist me already.

neimanmarxist

Postby neimanmarxist » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:00 pm

justbluemyself wrote:
CG614 wrote:

I wish I knew the answer! Due to my specific interest in public international law (Please nobody jump down my throat about how this doesn't really exist; I'm not an idiot.), NYU is objectively the best place for me, but the NYU area intimidates me quite a bit and I think I'd be far more comfortable in Morningside Heights. Plus, my visit to CLS assured me that the corporate/PI dichotomy isn't as marked as I'd previously gathered. CLS has many, many opportunities for public international law (their summer internship, in particular, is kickass), and I'd love to cross-register with their Middle Eastern Studies department.

Basically- I want to consider all the facts before I make a decision. And I wish NYU would show us all enough respect to WL us already!

i wish i could trade with you :)

justbluemyself

Postby justbluemyself » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:01 pm

parker09 wrote:
justbluemyself wrote:I wish I knew the answer! Due to my specific interest in public international law (Please nobody jump down my throat about how this doesn't really exist; I'm not an idiot.), NYU is objectively the best place for me, but the NYU area intimidates me quite a bit and I think I'd be far more comfortable in Morningside Heights. Plus, my visit to CLS assured me that the corporate/PI dichotomy isn't as marked as I'd previously gathered. CLS has many, many opportunities for public international law (their summer internship, in particular, is kickass), and I'd love to cross-register with their Middle Eastern Studies department.

Wait, are you saying NYU or CLS is better for this? (Not trying to be snarky; am also interested in this sector, so just want to make sure I get all my facts straight!) ((Not that I will probably even have the choice since I am also being ignored by NYU.)) I always thought NYU = general PI but CLS = international anything.

Sorry, should have been clearer.

I do think that NYU is slightly better due to their specific professors and clinics, but CLS has tons of options, too.
Last edited by justbluemyself on Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:57 pm

Hey-O wrote:Nothing again today. I hate my mailbox. I even get mad at my very nice mailman even though it is not his fault. Just freaking waitlist me already.

same.

goodolgil

Postby goodolgil » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:55 pm

Nothing again here, I'm in Queens.

pertristis

Postby pertristis » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:58 pm

Again, an empty mailbox in Kansas. At this point, I'll be thrilled with a WL.

peeker82

Postby peeker82 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:21 pm

WL letter in the mail on monday. gonna ride it thru see where it takes me. hang in there guys...

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:24 pm

peeker82 wrote:hang in there guys...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”