NYU 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby clintonius » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:02 pm

My personal favorite is the Museum of Natural History. Also love the Met. And the park. And the Bronx Zoo. And the Village. And beer in Park Slope. And riding the Staten Island ferry. And...

User avatar
Stanford4Me
Posts: 6045
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:23 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Stanford4Me » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:04 pm

clintonius wrote:My personal favorite is the Museum of Natural History. Also love the Met. And the park. And the Bronx Zoo. And the Village. And beer in Park Slope. And riding the Staten Island ferry. And...

+1

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby hannah87 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:36 pm

and shopping! definitely hit the park no matter what. also MoMA, if you have time between the Met and Natural History...

User avatar
D Brooks
Posts: 585
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:02 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby D Brooks » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:51 pm

LOL, people are still considering attending the degree-mill in decline that is NYU?

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby hannah87 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:52 pm

D Brooks wrote:LOL, people are still considering attending the degree-mill in decline that is NYU?


would do anything for an acceptance :(

User avatar
big_blue79
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:07 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby big_blue79 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:38 pm

D Brooks wrote:LOL, people are still considering attending the degree-mill in decline that is NYU?

:D I see what you did there.

Still ranked above MVPB, though...

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby puppleberry finn » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:17 pm

justbluemyself wrote:Does anyone who has visited NYU have any suggestions for what I can do to get a feel for the campus and student life?


you need ID to get onto any of the campus buildings, but essentially the village captures the general feel. NYU students literally cannot be forced to stop talking about the village. There are a few small movie theatres nearby, tons of bars, restaurants, Washington Square Park... it's a lovely place to just sort of explore.

Illijah
Posts: 317
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Illijah » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:23 pm

The Village is awesome. Lots of shops, restaurants, pizza parlors, taco trucks, hot dog stands, boutiques.....pretty much exactly how you would design a law school area if you could do it yourself.....Its not a traditional campus but it still had a campus feel....it was always obvious you were in NYU

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:27 pm

Maybe now that NYU has been taken down a peg they won't feel too good to accept me?

User avatar
ravens20
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:17 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby ravens20 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:29 am

D Brooks wrote:LOL, people are still considering attending the degree-mill in decline that is NYU?


You mean the school in decline that has the exact same score (87) that it did last year?

P.S. It's still better than MVPB.

wiseman
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby wiseman » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:34 am

Illijah wrote:The Village is awesome. Lots of shops, restaurants, pizza parlors, taco trucks, hot dog stands, boutiques.....pretty much exactly how you would design a law school area if you could do it yourself.....Its not a traditional campus but it still had a campus feel....it was always obvious you were in NYU

This time of year, it's going to be super lovely around the park, especially since the new renovation.
Ah, I wish I were going too.

wiseman
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby wiseman » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:37 am

gmail wrote:Any other ~December applicants who haven't heard a peep?

+1
applied in November. early November.

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby hannah87 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:27 am

i'm thinking about calling admissions to ask about my app status today. they'll either say "a decision has been made and is in the mail" or "your file is still with the committee," right? do you think this call could hurt me in any way? i'm just dying over here.

nax425
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:14 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby nax425 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:29 am

hannah87 wrote:i'm thinking about calling admissions to ask about my app status today. they'll either say "a decision has been made and is in the mail" or "your file is still with the committee," right? do you think this call could hurt me in any way? i'm just dying over here.


remember what happened to me after I did that?

Jus sayin. :D tread lightly...

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby hannah87 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:37 am

nax425 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:i'm thinking about calling admissions to ask about my app status today. they'll either say "a decision has been made and is in the mail" or "your file is still with the committee," right? do you think this call could hurt me in any way? i'm just dying over here.


remember what happened to me after I did that?

Jus sayin. :D tread lightly...


ha, i do remember. maybe i won't call...

starsong
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby starsong » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:44 am

hannah87 wrote:
nax425 wrote:
hannah87 wrote:i'm thinking about calling admissions to ask about my app status today. they'll either say "a decision has been made and is in the mail" or "your file is still with the committee," right? do you think this call could hurt me in any way? i'm just dying over here.


remember what happened to me after I did that?

Jus sayin. :D tread lightly...


ha, i do remember. maybe i won't call...

Yeah it seems to irritate them.

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby gahthelaw » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:45 am

gahthelaw wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:
CrimsonCal wrote:Dear NYU LAW,
Hurry the f*ck up
Kthanxbye

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby hannah87 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:12 am

gahthelaw wrote:Dear NYU LAW,
Hurry the f*ck up
Kthanxbye


+430. (they have to get back to us by 4/30, right?)

junelsat
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:06 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby junelsat » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:14 am

Its borderline obnoxious that they haven't made decisions on us yet. They know we have to send in deposits by 4/30

xokel87
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby xokel87 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:16 am

junelsat wrote:Its borderline obnoxious that they haven't made decisions on us yet. They know we have to send in deposits by 4/30


cross our fingers to hear earlier than that.. but are you all depositing somewhere tmrw?

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby hannah87 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:16 am

junelsat wrote:Its borderline obnoxious that they haven't made decisions on us yet. They know we have to send in deposits by 4/30


Fordham's deposit is due tomorrow (4/15) :? . it is pretty annoying, but they know that the devoted won't mind losing their deposit $ if they do eventually get into NYU.

starsong
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby starsong » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:17 am

hannah87 wrote:
junelsat wrote:Its borderline obnoxious that they haven't made decisions on us yet. They know we have to send in deposits by 4/30


Fordham's deposit is due tomorrow (4/15) :? . it is pretty annoying, but they know that the devoted won't mind losing their deposit $ if they do eventually get into NYU.

We are the devoted. The faithful. The committed.

It's like the guy who said he would buy a toilet if Apple made one.

Z3RO
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:57 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Z3RO » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:59 am

starsong wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
junelsat wrote:Its borderline obnoxious that they haven't made decisions on us yet. They know we have to send in deposits by 4/30


Fordham's deposit is due tomorrow (4/15) :? . it is pretty annoying, but they know that the devoted won't mind losing their deposit $ if they do eventually get into NYU.

We are the devoted. The faithful. The committed.

It's like the guy who said he would buy a toilet if Apple made one.

Yes, but only if they made one.

starsong
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby starsong » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:13 am

Z3RO wrote:
starsong wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
junelsat wrote:Its borderline obnoxious that they haven't made decisions on us yet. They know we have to send in deposits by 4/30


Fordham's deposit is due tomorrow (4/15) :? . it is pretty annoying, but they know that the devoted won't mind losing their deposit $ if they do eventually get into NYU.

We are the devoted. The faithful. The committed.

It's like the guy who said he would buy a toilet if Apple made one.

Yes, but only if they made one.

:lol: I'm thinking we've got some good LOCI lines in the making here...
"NYU is more dear to me than iCan to an Apple geek"

Or something like that. :)

edited: shortened, updated to iCan thanks to hannah. Preparing the LOCI draft now...
Last edited by starsong on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby hannah87 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:18 am

starsong wrote:
Z3RO wrote:
starsong wrote:We are the devoted. The faithful. The committed.

It's like the guy who said he would buy a toilet if Apple made one.

Yes, but only if they made one.

:lol: I'm thinking we've got some good LOCI lines in the making here...
"NYU is as perfect for me as the iToilet is for an Apple geek"

Or something like that. :)


the iCan?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: addie1412, amberb94, Houzy, Keilz, spursforever and 17 guests