NYU 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
groundkontrol

Re: NYU 2010

Postby groundkontrol » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:52 pm

Submitted my app in November. Asked them to hold for my December scores. Spoke with them in early January and they said they had received my new scores. It has been three months since then. Should I email them? Call? Just continue waiting?

devilishangelrjp

Postby devilishangelrjp » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:01 am

groundkontrol wrote:Submitted my app in November. Asked them to hold for my December scores. Spoke with them in early January and they said they had received my new scores. It has been three months since then. Should I email them? Call? Just continue waiting?

I'm optimistic today. They could be saving you for the big wave of acceptances that we're all hoping we're part of. I'd wait until next Wednesday to call, if you can take it.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:52 pm

they have to be admitting more people...look at this guy's post from today-

JustBlueMyself:

"Still waiting on NYU, held at Harvard.

My cycle's been pretty great thusfar, and it doesn't seem to have been affected by applying on the later side (1st week of January). I have more options that I would have expected with my numbers. I think my situation makes a pretty compelling arguement for strong softs.

More concretely: In at Penn this week via phone call. In at Columbia last Monday via email. Held at Harvard last Friday via email."

he has to be admitted, right?

starsong

Postby starsong » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:23 pm

hannah87 wrote:they have to be admitting more people...look at this guy's post from today-

JustBlueMyself:

My cycle's been pretty great thusfar, and it doesn't seem to have been affected by applying on the later side (1st week of January). I have more options that I would have expected with my numbers. I think my situation makes a pretty compelling arguement for strong softs.

More concretely: In at Penn this week via phone call. In at Columbia last Monday via email. Held at Harvard last Friday via email."

I'm not optimistic.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:13 pm

starsong wrote:
hannah87 wrote:they have to be admitting more people...look at this guy's post from today-

JustBlueMyself:

I'm not optimistic.

That's one spot for him/her, one less spot for us. I didn't get into any of the the school on that list, so not looking good for me!

justbluemyself

Postby justbluemyself » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:02 am

r6_philly wrote:
starsong wrote:

JustBlueMyself:

I'm not optimistic.

That's one spot for him/her, one less spot for us. I didn't get into any of the the school on that list, so not looking good for me!

I'm not a dude. Nor am I optimistic in any way.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:19 pm

justbluemyself wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
starsong wrote:

JustBlueMyself:

I'm not optimistic.

I'm not a dude. Nor am I optimistic in any way.

sorry! i should not have assumed. good luck!

ToriM

Postby ToriM » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:42 pm

Rejected via airmail today. Bummed. Was at least hoping for a waitlist...

cyh

Postby cyh » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:01 pm

ToriM wrote:Rejected via airmail today. Bummed. Was at least hoping for a waitlist...

I'm sorry to hear that! I was rooting for you, ever since I realized we were buddies in the Chicago thread :D and I love your avatar :wink:

when did you apply/go complete?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:33 pm

ToriM wrote:Rejected via airmail today. Bummed. Was at least hoping for a waitlist...

Sorry to hear :cry: I was rooting for you too! What's your stats? PM if you want.

Good luck with the rest!

ToriM

Postby ToriM » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:47 pm

r6_philly wrote:

Sorry to hear :cry: I was rooting for you too! What's your stats? PM if you want.

Good luck with the rest!

Thanks guys. Wasn't my first choice, but every single denial is one less acceptance. My stats are 168/4.0, so it was a long-shot. Thought I had one or two game-changing softs that would make this cycle a bit kinder, despite the low-ish LSAT (haha, that sounds so arrogant). Went complete Feb. 4th and it was silence ever since.

Good luck to those of you still waiting to hear!

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:58 pm

ToriM wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

Good luck with the rest!

Thanks guys. Wasn't my first choice, but every single denial is one less acceptance. My stats are 168/4.0, so it was a long-shot. Thought I had one or two game-changing softs that would make this cycle a bit kinder, despite the low-ish LSAT (haha, that sounds so arrogant). Went complete Feb. 4th and it was silence ever since.

I think both my LSAT and my GPA is too low :shock: so I am more arrogant! I know I have game-changing softs, but apparently this may be the wrong game? :lol:

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:58 pm

ToriM wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

Good luck with the rest!

Sorry, Tori! Sounds like I should expect a rejection letter today...168/3.9.

runnerman

Postby runnerman » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Don't give up hope yet, everyone - meant to post this earlier, I was accepted via email last Thursday!
168/3.8 with "game-changing" softs (i think?) and a bit of a unique situation (I was accepted to NYU in 2008 but withdrew for professional and personal reasons)

I applied back in December and went complete mid-January - in 2008 I was accepted within a month, and was sure that the delay this time meant a waitlist. But maybe they really are starting to look at the spots opening up and considering some of the strong applications still pending. Whatever the case, I am rooting for everyone and still keeping my fingers crossed for you all (if only because I think they're stuck that way after 2 months of waiting!)

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:11 pm

runnerman wrote:Don't give up hope yet, everyone - meant to post this earlier, I was accepted via email last Thursday!
168/3.8 with "game-changing" softs (i think?) and a bit of a unique situation (I was accepted to NYU in 2008 but withdrew for professional and personal reasons)

I applied back in December and went complete mid-January - in 2008 I was accepted within a month, and was sure that the delay this time meant a waitlist. But maybe they really are starting to look at the spots opening up and considering some of the strong applications still pending. Whatever the case, I am rooting for everyone and still keeping my fingers crossed for you all (if only because I think they're stuck that way after 2 months of waiting!)

Big big congrats to you!!! This must feel good! Have fun at NYU!!! I am so happy for you!

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:12 pm

ToriM wrote:Wasn't my first choice, but every single denial is one less acceptance.

I look at it the other way; every acceptance is one less rejection! :lol: I wish you sincere luck with your first choice, and hopefully your softs will resonate with them better than at NYU.

ToriM

Postby ToriM » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:14 pm

r6_philly wrote:
runnerman wrote:Don't give up hope yet, everyone - meant to post this earlier, I was accepted via email last Thursday!

Big big congrats to you!!! This must feel good! Have fun at NYU!!! I am so happy for you!

Ditto! Congratulations, and thanks for posting! Should help those who are still waiting feel a little at ease. :)

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:16 pm

wow, congrats! i was rooting for you.

ToriM

Postby ToriM » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:17 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
ToriM wrote:Wasn't my first choice, but every single denial is one less acceptance.

I look at it the other way; every acceptance is one less rejection! :lol: I wish you sincere luck with your first choice, and hopefully your softs will resonate with them better than at NYU.

Thank you! Just saw this after I posted. Still, have 6 more to hear from, so hopefully someone will bite.

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:24 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:
CrimsonCal wrote:Dear NYU LAW,
Hurry the f*ck up
Kthanxbye

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:31 pm

gahthelaw wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:
CrimsonCal wrote:Dear NYU LAW,
Hurry the f*ck up
Kthanxbye

hi, gah. i made my deposit at fordham today. let's hope i just wasted $400.

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:37 pm

hannah87 wrote:hi, gah. i made my deposit at fordham today. let's hope i just wasted $400.

i really liked chicago this weekend, but i think i'm not making any deposits until absolutely necessary. got my fingers crossed for you.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:38 pm

gahthelaw wrote:
hannah87 wrote:hi, gah. i made my deposit at fordham today. let's hope i just wasted $400.

i really liked chicago this weekend, but i think i'm not making any deposits until absolutely necessary. got my fingers crossed for you.

chicago sounds great. good luck with your decision- at least you know you'll be at a T10! fingers crossed for you, too.

Lmao Zedong

Postby Lmao Zedong » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:41 pm

withdrawn today. one more spot open, good luck all!

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:44 pm

Lmao Zedong wrote:withdrawn today. one more spot open, good luck all!

Dibs!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”