NYU 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
owhlcn

Re: NYU 2010

Postby owhlcn » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:41 am

withdrawn. good luck folks!

Bobushka22

Postby Bobushka22 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:00 pm

scribelaw wrote:
Bobushka22 wrote:Application complete 2/9/2010 with no application status updates since then. Is it fathomable that they just haven't reviewed my application fully at this time? Am I perhaps de facto waitlisted until they have a better idea of who is going to commit? Is it even possible, nevermind likely, that somebody would be accepted this late.

My numbers: 3.65 gpa at weak undergrad, 174 lsat on a retake, 23 years old, over 5 years of work experience (often worked two jobs while in school), heavy volunteer, heavy campus leadership, speak Arabic, collegiate athlete... basically good numbers, weak undergrad, nice softs. What do you all think? Thanks a bunch! (please note, I am going to post this same message for a couple other schools I haven't heard from yet, same situation... haha)

You should get in, but you applied very late in the cycle in a year with record applicants. I don't know how that will affect your chances.

Either way, with your numbers, you should be going to either CCN or a T10 with $$. If that doesn't happen, I'd reapply next year earlier in the cycle.

I wish that would occur. I just got denied by Penn... so far my best acceptance outright has been from Vanderbilt... here is how it is looking

Yale - Denied
Columbia - First Reserve
Harvard - No word
NYU - No word
Penn - Denied
Michigan - Denied
Northwestern (JD-LLM Human Rights) - Hold
Virginia - Waitlist

WTF!!!! I thnk that it might also have to do with my obvious interest in international law as a specialty... I think that they might have a glut of applicants who are interested in that. If only I were interested in Biology. (Note that my undergraduate was in International Affairs with Arabic as the corresponding language). WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck to everybody else

CrimsonCal

Postby CrimsonCal » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:12 pm

Bobushka22 wrote:
scribelaw wrote:
Bobushka22 wrote:Application complete 2/9/2010 with no application status updates since then. Is it fathomable that they just haven't reviewed my application fully at this time? Am I perhaps de facto waitlisted until they have a better idea of who is going to commit? Is it even possible, nevermind likely, that somebody would be accepted this late.

My numbers: 3.65 gpa at weak undergrad, 174 lsat on a retake, 23 years old, over 5 years of work experience (often worked two jobs while in school), heavy volunteer, heavy campus leadership, speak Arabic, collegiate athlete... basically good numbers, weak undergrad, nice softs. What do you all think? Thanks a bunch! (please note, I am going to post this same message for a couple other schools I haven't heard from yet, same situation... haha)

You should get in, but you applied very late in the cycle in a year with record applicants. I don't know how that will affect your chances.

Either way, with your numbers, you should be going to either CCN or a T10 with $$. If that doesn't happen, I'd reapply next year earlier in the cycle.

I wish that would occur. I just got denied by Penn... so far my best acceptance outright has been from Vanderbilt... here is how it is looking

Yale - Denied
Columbia - First Reserve
Harvard - No word
NYU - No word
Penn - Denied
Michigan - Denied
Virginia - Waitlist

WTF!!!! I thnk that it might also have to do with my obvious interest in international law as a specialty... I think that they might have a glut of applicants who are interested in that. If only I were interested in Biology. (Note that my undergraduate was in International Affairs with Arabic as the corresponding language). WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck to everybody else

I hear ya, I've been WL'ed at Penn, Georgetown, Chicago, and Columbia...
(but withdrew at all except Columbia)

still held at Harvard, and no word from NYU

this cycle has been a bitch

starsong

Postby starsong » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:39 pm

I'm ready for the WL. The time has come.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:41 pm

starsong wrote:I'm ready for the WL. The time has come.

+180.

starsong

Postby starsong » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:42 pm

hannah87 wrote:

+180.

It's been a wild ride, hasn't it? Really thought we had a chance there.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:46 pm

starsong wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

+180.

i'm still pretty sure that you do, which leads me to believe they will still admit a few people. wasn't there a mini-wave on 4/3 last cycle? maybe it'll be a 4/9 wave this year...

starsong

Postby starsong » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:49 pm

hannah87 wrote:
starsong wrote:
hannah87 wrote:

+180.

i'm still pretty sure that you do, which leads me to believe they will still admit a few people. wasn't there a mini-wave on 4/3 last cycle? maybe it'll be a 4/9 wave this year...

Thanks. I'd take the 8/23 wave, you know. but it would be nice to hear a little earlier...

It's going to be a loooong summer.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:11 pm

So you guys think at least a couple of guys will sneak in before the massive wave of WL? At least the wait will be over soon.

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:12 pm

gmail

Postby gmail » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:44 pm

yo tambien

Z3RO

Postby Z3RO » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:47 pm

CrimsonCal wrote:
Bobushka22 wrote:
scribelaw wrote:

Yale - Denied
Columbia - First Reserve
Harvard - No word
NYU - No word
Penn - Denied
Michigan - Denied
Virginia - Waitlist

I hear ya, I've been WL'ed at Penn, [strike]Georgetown,[/strike] Chicago, and [held at] Columbia...
[strike](but withdrew at all except Columbia)

still held at Harvard,[/strike]and no word from NYU

this cycle has been a bitch

Same here. I thought that NYU's LSAT whoring guaranteed me a spot... :cry:

nuss3

Postby nuss3 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:08 am

GobiasIndustries wrote:Just in case anyone misses my previous post:

I applied on 1/9 after getting a fee waiver, went complete on 2/5. Letter dated 3/23, postmarked 4/2, arrived on 4/6.

Glad to be done with this cycle.

my app was received 1/12, complete, 2/9....i guess my letter will be here in a few days :|

theadw

Postby theadw » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:46 am

Withdrawn. Congratulations to all the admits, and good luck to all still waiting.

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:30 pm

OK, someone just posted in the "who did you hear from today?" thread that she can log into the ASWebsite. I can't. Life sucks.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:42 pm

So when are they going to get around to putting our info into the admitted students website? We have been waiting over a month...

:mrgreen:

starsong

Postby starsong » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:18 pm

hannah87 wrote:OK, someone just posted in the "who did you hear from today?" thread that she can log into the ASWebsite. I can't. Life sucks.

Sad, sad day. It's just a matter of time before the WL envelope shows up...

Z3RO

Postby Z3RO » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:25 pm

I literally test mine like 3 times before I'm satisfied that I didn't mistype my social and birthday...

pathetic

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:26 pm

Z3RO wrote:I literally test mine like 3 times before I'm satisfied that I didn't mistype my social and birthday...

pathetic

Only 3 times? You didn't type your ssn and your bd in notepad then copy and paste it over to make sure you didn't type it wrong? Rookie!

starsong

Postby starsong » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:31 pm

r6_philly wrote:Only 3 times? You didn't type your ssn and your bd in notepad then copy and paste it over to make sure you didn't type it wrong? Rookie!

And I thought I was the only one...

This is why TLS is therapeutic.

Z3RO

Postby Z3RO » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:34 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Z3RO wrote:I literally test mine like 3 times before I'm satisfied that I didn't mistype my social and birthday...

pathetic

Only 3 times? You didn't type your ssn and your bd in notepad then copy and paste it over to make sure you didn't type it wrong? Rookie!
starsong wrote:
r6_philly wrote:Only 3 times? You didn't type your ssn and your bd in notepad then copy and paste it over to make sure you didn't type it wrong? Rookie!

And I thought I was the only one...

This is why TLS is therapeutic.

Thank you. I still have so much to learn.

starsong

Postby starsong » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:45 pm

Another ASW admit posted on the Fordham thread this afternoon. It's over, folks. We gave it our best shot. I mean yeah we'll send LOCIs, etc., but not one WL/admit was reported on LSN last year, and only a handful showed up on TLS in August.

Byebye NYU. It's kind of a sad, nostalgic feeling.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:47 pm

r6_philly wrote:

pathetic

Arn't you worried that the system doesn't recognize copy and pasting? I just type mine slowly and meticulously typing the same number multiple times just to make sure it is correct.

I also substitute - for / just in case the instructions are there to throw me off. I also use European date formats, and don't include the 0s for single digit months.

All in all, if I start around 1:30 I finish by 2pm. Of course, then I redo it just to see if they updated me during that time frame.

Then I go on a different computer to see if I have been blocked on that one.

Then I try on a cell phone to see if it is an ISP issue.

...This can go on for a while.

As you can see, most of my life is consumed with trying to get into the NYU ASW.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:47 pm

I guess it is kind of to be expected when they told me they rather not take my Feb score... But I will hope until I get that WL/Rejection letter in the mail (tomorrow).

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:49 pm

Jericwithers wrote:Arn't you worried that the system doesn't recognize copy and pasting? I just type mine slowly and meticulously typing the same number multiple times just to make sure it is correct.

I also substitute - for / just in case the instructions are there to throw me off. I also use European date formats, and don't include the 0s for single digit months.

All in all, if I start around 1:30 I finish by 2pm. Of course, then I redo it just to see if they updated me during that time frame.

Then I go on a different computer to see if I have been blocked on that one.

Then I try on a cell phone to see if it is an ISP issue.

...This can go on for a while.

As you can see, most of my life is consumed with trying to get into the NYU ASW.

It's a standard text/password submission field. You can copy into it.

I can write a script to auto check but I am too lazy to do it. I like Columbia's system better. Wait for the mail. Yale's not so great, you keep wondering if your phone's working.

Michigan drops the 0 in the month :shock:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”