NYU 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
starsong
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby starsong » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:54 pm

nax425 wrote:those #s are auto admit?

Didn't you hear? This year, NYU decided to switch the whole process around. Below 25% = auto-admit. Above 25% = auto-reject.

:-)

User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby clintonius » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:04 pm

It was z3ro who claimed auto-admit numbers, not qualitycontrol.

nax425
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:14 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby nax425 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:04 pm

clintonius wrote:It was z3ro who claimed auto-admit numbers, not qualitycontrol.


now u believe what I said about unraveling? yeesh. thanx for the clear-up!

I'm kinda w/ starsong on this tho...or maybe applying later in the cylce is now a boost?

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:07 pm

nax425 wrote:
clintonius wrote:It was z3ro who claimed auto-admit numbers, not qualitycontrol.


now u believe what I said about unraveling? yeesh. thanx for the clear-up!

I'm kinda w/ starsong on this tho...or maybe applying later in the cylce is now a boost?


Not to me so far :?

starsong
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby starsong » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:09 pm

nax425 wrote:now u believe what I said about unraveling? yeesh. thanx for the clear-up!

I'm kinda w/ starsong on this tho...or maybe applying later in the cylce is now a boost?


If you apply early, they think you're obsessive. If you apply later, you receive the last-minute boost, which is similar to URM status.

:-)

User avatar
CG614
Posts: 825
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:26 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby CG614 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:10 pm

nax425 wrote:
clintonius wrote:It was z3ro who claimed auto-admit numbers, not qualitycontrol.


now u believe what I said about unraveling? yeesh. thanx for the clear-up!

I'm kinda w/ starsong on this tho...or maybe applying later in the cylce is now a boost?


From NYU's application instructions:
"...applications received by the Feb 1st deadline will be at no competitive disadvantage in comparison to applications received earlier..."

Perhaps they actually mean it.

starsong
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby starsong » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:13 pm

CG614 wrote:From NYU's application instructions:
"...applications received by the Feb 1st deadline will be at no competitive disadvantage in comparison to applications received earlier..."

Perhaps they actually mean it.


I'm sure they do, but obviously rolling notifications means that for every acceptance, the # of potential spaces shrinks. Maybe the ratio is 5:1, or even 10:1, but you can't escape that reality. So the above statement must mean that they hold a significant # of early apps to weigh against the later ones, so much so that they can guarantee "no competitive disadvantage".

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:16 pm

I just want to get in.

User avatar
gmail
Posts: 1012
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:41 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby gmail » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:13 pm

Just got an offer to answer a few questions for a marketing research firm
over the phone!

starsong
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby starsong » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:21 pm

gmail wrote:Just got an offer to answer a few questions for a marketing research firm
over the phone!

You almost gave me a heart attack.

tycho_brahe
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:16 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby tycho_brahe » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:11 pm

3.1 GPA and 168 LSAT here, yet I haven't been rejected. Applied early January. Anyone know what's going on? All my reaches are treating me this way.

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby dakatz » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:14 pm

gmail wrote:Just got an offer to answer a few questions for a marketing research firm
over the phone!


Awesome! When did you apply? And what are your stats?

User avatar
kaydish21
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby kaydish21 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:18 pm

gmail wrote:Just got an offer to answer a few questions for a marketing research firm
over the phone!


I'm just waiting for the punchline - "for a brand new vacuum cleaner!"

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:24 pm

You guys are missing the 0.5pt (or whatever small) font after "offer"

User avatar
Interminable_Waiting
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:29 pm

You are going to upset people with bad eyesight

User avatar
kaydish21
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby kaydish21 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:29 pm

r6_philly wrote:You guys are missing the 0.5pt (or whatever small) font after "offer"


Lol good call, and after cutting and pasting it says in size 1....

Just got an offer to answer a few questions for a marketing research firm
over the phone!

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:30 pm

Interminable_Waiting wrote:You are going to upset people with bad eyesight

<---- :( :cry:

Richard Rorty
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:01 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Richard Rorty » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:50 pm

Went to visit today, the area seems just like the kind of place that I'd like to go to law school at. I really want some good news soon.

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby gahthelaw » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:42 am

wound up in a bar near the law school last night. after a few, considered both leaving them a love letter on the doorstep or, alternately, egging the door.

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby hannah87 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:48 am

gahthelaw wrote:wound up in a bar near the law school last night. after a few, considered both leaving them a love letter on the doorstep or, alternately, egging the door.


and you didn't do either?? disappointment. :P

User avatar
devilishangelrjp
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:21 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby devilishangelrjp » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:48 am

I'm good as long as I don't get any mail this week from them.

This is a really hard game to play. Because at the same time I'm begging for news, when I find I can't login to the admitted students site, I don't want them to send me anything at all.

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby gahthelaw » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:50 am

hannah87 wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:wound up in a bar near the law school last night. after a few, considered both leaving them a love letter on the doorstep or, alternately, egging the door.


and you didn't do either?? disappointment. :P


i'm still trying to play it a little cooler than they are. once they waitlist me, all bets are off.

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby hannah87 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:59 am

gahthelaw wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:wound up in a bar near the law school last night. after a few, considered both leaving them a love letter on the doorstep or, alternately, egging the door.


and you didn't do either?? disappointment. :P


i'm still trying to play it a little cooler than they are. once they waitlist me, all bets are off.


i'd consider TP-ing the school at that point.

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby gahthelaw » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:00 am

hannah87 wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:wound up in a bar near the law school last night. after a few, considered both leaving them a love letter on the doorstep or, alternately, egging the door.


and you didn't do either?? disappointment. :P


i'm still trying to play it a little cooler than they are. once they waitlist me, all bets are off.


i'd consider TP-ing the school at that point.


in the event of a waitlist, i think we're planning a TP date with a cupcake pregame here.

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby hannah87 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:01 am

gahthelaw wrote:in the event of a waitlist, i think we're planning a TP date with a cupcake pregame here.


god, that sounds good.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], hip to be Square, longsh0305, SevenSeven77 and 13 guests