NYU 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby hannah87 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:38 am

gahthelaw wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
CG614 wrote:
That site is great. I am glad someone posted it, I haven't checked it in a while. Someone actually made the taco from the fake SNL Taco Bell commercial.

--LinkRemoved--


i like meta pizza on that page. i might do that tonight!


deep fried moon pie on a stick for dessert?


definitely a contender. i'm thinking candy pizza, though, to stick with the theme.

Image

User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby clintonius » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:09 am

These (LinkRemoved) are from a restaurant in New Brunswick, a relatively short train ride from NYC. Day trip?

Image

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:13 am

Why don't we all just cut out the junk-food middleman and contract diabetes through a quick and easy auto-immune disorder.

Illijah
Posts: 317
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Illijah » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:20 am

My friends letter was postmarked "3/9" and he just checked his mailbox today because he was out of town.....to clarify my earlier post

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Unitas » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:26 am

clintonius wrote:These (LinkRemoved) are from a restaurant in New Brunswick, a relatively short train ride from NYC. Day trip?

Image


That looks nasty...

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby hannah87 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:28 am

Unitas wrote:
clintonius wrote:These (LinkRemoved) are from a restaurant in New Brunswick, a relatively short train ride from NYC. Day trip?

Image


That looks nasty...


kidding me?? looks like the best nachos ever.

User avatar
cyh
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby cyh » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:29 am

Illijah wrote:My friends letter was postmarked "3/9" and he just checked his mailbox today because he was out of town.....to clarify my earlier post



when did he apply/go complete?

User avatar
CG614
Posts: 825
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:26 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby CG614 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:30 am

hannah87 wrote:
Unitas wrote:
clintonius wrote:These (LinkRemoved) are from a restaurant in New Brunswick, a relatively short train ride from NYC. Day trip?

Image


That looks nasty...


kidding me?? looks like the best nachos ever.

+1

User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby clintonius » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:30 am

Not nachos -- potachos! And yes, Hannah's response is correct. They look delicious.

Illijah
Posts: 317
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Illijah » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:31 am

cyh wrote:
Illijah wrote:My friends letter was postmarked "3/9" and he just checked his mailbox today because he was out of town.....to clarify my earlier post



when did he apply/go complete?


I don't know when he went complete....but he applied mid january....URM btw

starsong
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby starsong » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:32 am

Illijah wrote:
cyh wrote:
Illijah wrote:My friends letter was postmarked "3/9" and he just checked his mailbox today because he was out of town.....to clarify my earlier post



when did he apply/go complete?


I don't know when he went complete....but he applied mid january....URM btw


Yeah this is insignificant for those of us waiting months...he was just a late applicant and received a decision in chronological order like everyone else. We're waiting for decisions on the older apps...

nax425
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:14 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby nax425 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:35 am

any vegans in the house wanna hit up babycakes?

Image
Last edited by nax425 on Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cyh
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby cyh » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:35 am

Significant for me. I applied in January! :roll:
Thanks ILLIJAH!! :wink:

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Unitas » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:35 am

nax425 wrote:any vegans in the house wanna hit up babycakes?

Image


These look awesome..

User avatar
Tangerine Gleam
Posts: 1349
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:43 am

4+ months since application submission with complete radio silence from NYU.

People call them? Is that appropriate? I'm expecting a ding but if it's gonna happen, I'd like it to go ahead and show up. Looking forward to closing out my cycle.

nax425
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:14 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby nax425 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:50 am

Tangerine Gleam wrote:4+ months since application submission with complete radio silence from NYU.

People call them? Is that appropriate? I'm expecting a ding but if it's gonna happen, I'd like it to go ahead and show up. Looking forward to closing out my cycle.


there's nothing wrong with calling/emailing admissions and requesting a status update. I think it's to be expected considering they don't have a status checker.

User avatar
Tangerine Gleam
Posts: 1349
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:14 pm

Thank you. Just called -- "your application is with the committee." Good to know I didn't miss any mail, at least.

starsong
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby starsong » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:23 pm

nax425 wrote:
Tangerine Gleam wrote:4+ months since application submission with complete radio silence from NYU.

People call them? Is that appropriate? I'm expecting a ding but if it's gonna happen, I'd like it to go ahead and show up. Looking forward to closing out my cycle.


there's nothing wrong with calling/emailing admissions and requesting a status update. I think it's to be expected considering they don't have a status checker.

I think they prefer phone calls. From http://www.law.nyu.edu/admissions/jdadm ... /index.htm:

"Note regarding application receipt, status, and requests of LSDAS Reports:
NYU School of Law typically receives approximately 7,200 applications for admission to the J.D. program each year, processes many thousands more letters of recommendation, transcripts, examination reports, etc., and receives several thousand more inquiries. Because of this volume of correspondence, the Committee on Admissions is not able to respond to email inquiries about application receipt and status."
(emphasis added)

User avatar
wackjickham
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby wackjickham » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:26 pm

My dad just sent me this article. Something to consider if you're considering attending NYU. Doesnt look like any of it will happen in our time there, but it's a big deal if you consider the reputation of the school a few years down the road. Personally, I think it can only help but that's open to debate:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/23/arts/ ... ef=general

nax425
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:14 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby nax425 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:32 pm

starsong wrote:
nax425 wrote:
Tangerine Gleam wrote:4+ months since application submission with complete radio silence from NYU.

People call them? Is that appropriate? I'm expecting a ding but if it's gonna happen, I'd like it to go ahead and show up. Looking forward to closing out my cycle.


there's nothing wrong with calling/emailing admissions and requesting a status update. I think it's to be expected considering they don't have a status checker.

I think they prefer phone calls. From http://www.law.nyu.edu/admissions/jdadm ... /index.htm:

"Note regarding application receipt, status, and requests of LSDAS Reports:
NYU School of Law typically receives approximately 7,200 applications for admission to the J.D. program each year, processes many thousands more letters of recommendation, transcripts, examination reports, etc., and receives several thousand more inquiries. Because of this volume of correspondence, the Committee on Admissions is not able to respond to email inquiries about application receipt and status."
(emphasis added)


this is very true as email responses take a while longer to get, as well. so phone calls are the way to go!

sumus romani
Posts: 565
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:04 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby sumus romani » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:13 pm

wackjickham wrote:My dad just sent me this article. Something to consider if you're considering attending NYU. Doesnt look like any of it will happen in our time there, but it's a big deal if you consider the reputation of the school a few years down the road. Personally, I think it can only help but that's open to debate:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/23/arts/ ... ef=general



Thanks for the lead. Ordinarily, a school could not pull something of this scale off, but this is NYU, whose law school just raised $415 million itself. I can only imagine what the school can do as a whole. Now. . . whether the project is good :D

User avatar
big_blue79
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:07 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby big_blue79 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:34 pm

So would this means NYU 2013 would be a construction class like Boalttt's classes currently are?

sumus romani
Posts: 565
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:04 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby sumus romani » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:36 pm

No, the projects are years in the future. Having said that, when I visited NYU, Washington Square was under construction, which kind of ruined the atmosphere. But the plans mentioned in the article are years and years down the road, and that is if they can get approval, money, etc.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:10 pm

NYU must be trying to move higher up on Cooley's square footage ranking system.

User avatar
js87
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:42 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby js87 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:49 pm

Rejected today via mail. Complete way back in October. I have to wonder if calling several times to check on my status may have annoyed them, but to be honest, their admissions system is archaic.

Stats are 171 (retaker with an original 161 score), 3.75 GPA plus some decent softs.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: azaleafire, curry1, hellohalo, Long shot hero, Motionsinlemons, neptunian, okachobee, phelpsy, proteinshake, sjs12, smartmoon, teddy0913, ws120 and 22 guests