NYU 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mayosmith

Re: NYU 2010

Postby mayosmith » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:56 pm

Holly Golightly wrote:
mayosmith wrote:
nax425 wrote:last time it took approx. 1-2 weeks to get an acknowledgement of receipt on my LOCI. i'm not holding my breath.

They wouldn't even acknowledge mine. I got an email saying essentially that they refuse to do so. It sort of makes me nervous.

lol, seriously?

"Thank you for your email. Due to the volume of mail we receive on a daily basis, we are unable to confirm the receipt of individual pieces of correspondence. Please rest assure that all correspondence sent to our office will be added to your file."

I will rest assure, thank YOU.

starsong

Postby starsong » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:04 pm

nax425 wrote:then i think u should consider yourself in the running. otherwise they'd have outright rejected you by now. good luck!

update: I called cuz I didn't want to wait. theres no decision on my file either. still "with the committee." should be "hearing from them soon." when i asked whether or not she expected a new batch of admits this friday, the 19th, she paused...sounded like i maybe caught her off guard...and then said "possibly."

of course I could be reading into nothing.

Uh-oh, they know we're onto them. It'll be another two weeks at least...

(I've been watching too much 24... :-))

nax425

Postby nax425 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:05 pm

mayosmith wrote:
Holly Golightly wrote:
mayosmith wrote:
nax425 wrote:last time it took approx. 1-2 weeks to get an acknowledgement of receipt on my LOCI. i'm not holding my breath.

They wouldn't even acknowledge mine. I got an email saying essentially that they refuse to do so. It sort of makes me nervous.

lol, seriously?

"Thank you for your email. Due to the volume of mail we receive on a daily basis, we are unable to confirm the receipt of individual pieces of correspondence. Please rest assure that all correspondence sent to our office will be added to your file."

I will rest assure, thank YOU.

haha they sent me a beautifully written receipt acknowledgement. must be at the whim of the rep answering emails.

strokes788

Postby strokes788 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:48 pm

nax425 wrote:then i think u should consider yourself in the running. otherwise they'd have outright rejected you by now. good luck!

update: I called cuz I didn't want to wait. theres no decision on my file either. still "with the committee." should be "hearing from them soon." when i asked whether or not she expected a new batch of admits this friday, the 19th, she paused...sounded like i maybe caught her off guard...and then said "possibly."

Hahaha I totally did the same thing as you after I read this. I had no idea you could call and ask if a decision has been made on your file so I asked, and Im in the same boat, I'm still "with the committee." The person I talked to was also caught off-guard when I said, will there be decisions made soon since many decisions were made around this same time last year and they were like, well, honestly, I do think there are decisions coming up very soon so I guess yeah that might be right. *Fingers crossed* everyone

starsong

Postby starsong » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:53 pm

strokes788 wrote:

Hahaha I totally did the same thing as you after I read this. I had no idea you could call and ask if a decision has been made on your file so I asked, and Im in the same boat, I'm still "with the committee." The person I talked to was also caught off-guard when I said, will there be decisions made soon since many decisions were made around this same time last year and they were like, well, honestly, I do think there are decisions coming up very soon so I guess yeah that might be right. *Fingers crossed* everyone

+1

pertristis

Postby pertristis » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:35 pm

rockchalk86 wrote:I am blown away with the KU presence on this board right now. Those two nights were easily the greatest of my life.

I sure hope you don't have a wife or kids, or else you're going to have some very cranky family.

rockchalk86

Postby rockchalk86 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:04 pm

pertristis wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:I am blown away with the KU presence on this board right now. Those two nights were easily the greatest of my life.

I sure hope you don't have a wife or kids, or else you're going to have some very cranky family.

Thankfully I do not :wink: But I am sure that day is going to be right up there with my wedding and the birth of my first child. If you weren't there, you can't understand.

pertristis

Postby pertristis » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:24 pm

rockchalk86 wrote:
pertristis wrote:

Thankfully I do not :wink: But I am sure that day is going to be right up there with my wedding and the birth of my first child. If you weren't there, you can't understand.

Oh, believe me, I was there, perched on the corner of 10th and Mass. It was a marvelous day. (With that said, after coming back, KU managed to exhaust all of my goodwill towards the University. Given how much I had towards it, that's saying something.)

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:38 pm

This Kentucky talks makes me want to withdraw. Go [strike]Texas!!![/strike] Duke!!!
Last edited by Jericwithers on Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

js87

Postby js87 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:24 am

So what are the predictions? Were there no usual Wednesday acceptances this week?

Anyone think there's going to be movement tomorrow of candidates who have been waiting for a long time?

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:07 am

js87 wrote:So what are the predictions? Were there no usual Wednesday acceptances this week?

Anyone think there's going to be movement tomorrow of candidates who have been waiting for a long time?

no one on TLS or LSN posted acceptances this week. maybe today is THE DAY...

Interminable_Waiting

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:32 am

hannah87 wrote:
js87 wrote:So what are the predictions? Were there no usual Wednesday acceptances this week?

no one on TLS or LSN posted acceptances this week. maybe today is THE DAY...

Maybe. We have no real reason to believe they have shifted form their Wednesday acceptances though, right?

Just an awkward pause and some year old LSN data.
Last edited by Interminable_Waiting on Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:42 am

Sorry to reveal my ignorance, but how has NYU been informing applicants of their decisions? I haven't kept up with the NYU threads after being deferred from ED (applied waaaay back in October), but I'm expecting a rejection at some point. At this rate, they'll probably ding me halfway through first semester.

starsong

Postby starsong » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:22 am

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:Sorry to reveal my ignorance, but how has NYU been informing applicants of their decisions? I haven't kept up with the NYU threads after being deferred from ED (applied waaaay back in October), but I'm expecting a rejection at some point. At this rate, they'll probably ding me halfway through first semester.

Official notification arrives via postal mail. Some have also reported success logging onto the admitted students site before receiving the letter.

nax425

Postby nax425 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:16 am

so..........nothing? anybody out there get in?

hannah87

Postby hannah87 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:18 am

nax425 wrote:so..........nothing? anybody out there get in?

nothing. but it's early.

ChaotiCait

Postby ChaotiCait » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:32 pm

Are we still going with the 1:30 deadline?

mayosmith

Postby mayosmith » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:33 pm

ChaotiCait wrote:Are we still going with the 1:30 deadline?

Isn't that based on the experience of one person?

Interminable_Waiting

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:46 pm

mayosmith wrote:
ChaotiCait wrote:Are we still going with the 1:30 deadline?

Isn't that based on the experience of one person?

The other option is to check every hour 24 times a day....

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:48 pm

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:Sorry to reveal my ignorance, but how has NYU been informing applicants of their decisions? I haven't kept up with the NYU threads after being deferred from ED (applied waaaay back in October), but I'm expecting a rejection at some point. At this rate, they'll probably ding me halfway through first semester.

Yeah, they have no method of informing applicants. The idea of NYU "informing" us of anything is sort of funny actually.

LDC

Postby LDC » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:49 pm

strokes788 -
Hahaha I totally did the same thing as you after I read this. I had no idea you could call and ask if a decision has been made on your file so I asked, and Im in the same boat, I'm still "with the committee."

So -- can you call and ask for a status update on your file? For those who have done so, are they usually helpful? I have a deadline for a scholarship coming up and want to know how to respond... but I don't want to annoy them & give them a reason to reject/WL me. I went complete in early December.

Thanks!

nax425

Postby nax425 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:49 pm

looks like it might be a long weekend.

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:51 pm

LDC wrote:strokes788 -
Hahaha I totally did the same thing as you after I read this. I had no idea you could call and ask if a decision has been made on your file so I asked, and Im in the same boat, I'm still "with the committee."

So -- can you call and ask for a status update on your file? For those who have done so, are they usually helpful? I have a deadline for a scholarship coming up and want to know how to respond... but I don't want to annoy them & give them a reason to reject/WL me. I went complete in early December.

Thanks!

Helpful? I told them I've been waiting nearly 5 months without a single update, and that I really went out of my way to apply early. They told me in one sentence, "No decision has been made yet on your file". That's it. So yeah, not very helpful. Though that honestly might have been the only info they had.

nax425

Postby nax425 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:02 pm

well they never committed to anything other than a decision by the end of april (unless if you were ED, in which case, you know by now whether you got in, rejected, or deferred). calling can't hurt, but all they'll do is tell you whether a decision has been made or not. I don't think the reps on the phones have anything to do with the actual decisions. I could be wrong.

starsong

Postby starsong » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:04 pm

Nothing. So much for the hope of a Friday acceptance...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”