NYU 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby BenJ » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:07 pm

The latest acceptance not off the waitlist reported on LSN last year was on 4/10.

doopwooper
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:15 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby doopwooper » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:32 am

They are the last school I'm waiting to hear from, and I applied mid-October. I really am trying not to get my hopes up as I am definitely a splitter and I probably will be WL at best, but I reeeeeeeeeaaaallly am getting inpatient!!

User avatar
gmail
Posts: 1012
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:41 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby gmail » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:34 am

I'm going to venture that "splitters" (<3.6, >173), if outright accepted, won't hear about it til late March or early April. This is from poring over LSN notification dates from previous cycles.

strokes788
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:09 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby strokes788 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:15 am

gmail wrote:I'm going to venture that "splitters" (<3.6, >173), if outright accepted, won't hear about it til late March or early April. This is from poring over LSN notification dates from previous cycles.


Any chance a 3.6+ 172 semi-splitter can be taken in March?

Richard Rorty
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:01 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Richard Rorty » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:21 pm

strokes788 wrote:
gmail wrote:I'm going to venture that "splitters" (<3.6, >173), if outright accepted, won't hear about it til late March or early April. This is from poring over LSN notification dates from previous cycles.


Any chance a 3.6+ 172 semi-splitter can be taken in March?


hoping with you

User avatar
Reedie
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:46 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Reedie » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:40 am

strokes788 wrote:
gmail wrote:I'm going to venture that "splitters" (<3.6, >173), if outright accepted, won't hear about it til late March or early April. This is from poring over LSN notification dates from previous cycles.


Any chance a 3.6+ 172 semi-splitter can be taken in March?


3.65, 171 here and I got admitted some time ago. So yuppers.

User avatar
Richie Tenenbaum
Posts: 2162
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:17 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:11 am

To all you 3.4+/173+ ppl out there: Here's to hopin this upcoming week will be our time to see purple in the mailbox!

Good luck to everyone else too!

User avatar
chinny123
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:06 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby chinny123 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:08 am

Richie Tenenbaum wrote:To all you 3.4+/173+ ppl out there: Here's to hopin this upcoming week will be our time to see purple in the mailbox!

Good luck to everyone else too!


+1. From one splitter who got in already, good luck! We splitter need to stick together, haha

User avatar
MF248
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:25 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby MF248 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:19 am

Richie Tenenbaum wrote:To all you 3.4+/173+ ppl out there: Here's to hopin this upcoming week will be our time to see purple in the mailbox!

Good luck to everyone else too!


Would being a hair above 3.4 put me into that category?

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Emma. » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:26 am

Tangerine Gleam wrote:Submitted in mid-November and still zero word. Ding imminent? Dinginent?


Same boat, but early Nov here.

tilghmab
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:25 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby tilghmab » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:54 pm

emrose wrote:
Tangerine Gleam wrote:Submitted in mid-November and still zero word. Ding imminent? Dinginent?


Same boat, but early Nov here.


Yup, complete 11/3.

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby gahthelaw » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:22 pm

tilghmab wrote:
emrose wrote:
Tangerine Gleam wrote:Submitted in mid-November and still zero word. Ding imminent? Dinginent?


Same boat, but early Nov here.


Yup, complete 11/3.

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby dakatz » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:24 pm

Complete on 11/3, submitted way back in October. I don't understand why it would take this long. Even if I got some good news back, I would be left with so little time to get the financial aid in order, visit the school, etc, since the deadline is all of one month away. I just hope to hear back soon, because its very frustrating, if not a bit insulting, that so many people who submitted early have not heard back.

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby gahthelaw » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:27 pm

dakatz wrote:Complete on 11/3, submitted way back in October. I don't understand why it would take this long. Even if I got some good news back, I would be left with so little time to get the financial aid in order, visit the school, etc, since the deadline is all of one month away. I just hope to hear back soon, because its very frustrating, if not a bit insulting, that so many people who submitted early have not heard back.


honestly -- they don't care. we're clearly not their favorite applicants. i hate to say it but the truth hurts.

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby dakatz » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:29 pm

gahthelaw wrote:
dakatz wrote:Complete on 11/3, submitted way back in October. I don't understand why it would take this long. Even if I got some good news back, I would be left with so little time to get the financial aid in order, visit the school, etc, since the deadline is all of one month away. I just hope to hear back soon, because its very frustrating, if not a bit insulting, that so many people who submitted early have not heard back.


honestly -- they don't care. we're clearly not their favorite applicants. i hate to say it but the truth hurts.


As long as I get that decision sometime this month, whatever the news is, I will manage. Not like its anything but a rejection for me anyway, so I don't have my hopes up.

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby gahthelaw » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:38 pm

dakatz wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:
dakatz wrote:Complete on 11/3, submitted way back in October. I don't understand why it would take this long. Even if I got some good news back, I would be left with so little time to get the financial aid in order, visit the school, etc, since the deadline is all of one month away. I just hope to hear back soon, because its very frustrating, if not a bit insulting, that so many people who submitted early have not heard back.


honestly -- they don't care. we're clearly not their favorite applicants. i hate to say it but the truth hurts.


As long as I get that decision sometime this month, whatever the news is, I will manage. Not like its anything but a rejection for me anyway, so I don't have my hopes up.


this is true -- at this point it's just killing me not knowing.

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby hannah87 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:42 pm

me too. i know it's going to be WL/ding, but i just hate having to wait until april for it :x

lawapps0502
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby lawapps0502 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:04 pm

on LSN it says that someone heard yesterday, anyone else?

Huluba23
Posts: 106
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:28 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Huluba23 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:12 pm

So is it safe to assume yet that its either a waitlist or a ding?

I only applied in January.

strokes788
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:09 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby strokes788 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:14 pm

The person who heard back yesterday on LSN was dinged, so I guess that kills any remaining hope for a semi/splitter like me who went complete January 20th (really annoyed about that as I applied mid-December and had everything completely good to go, don't know why it took them so long to have me as complete

strokes788
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:09 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby strokes788 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:32 am

Another round of admitted student site false hope/depression anyone? Its Wednesday

User avatar
mayosmith
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:05 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby mayosmith » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:00 am

strokes788 wrote:Another round of admitted student site false hope/depression anyone? Its Wednesday

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:53 am

mayosmith wrote:
strokes788 wrote:Another round of admitted student site false hope/depression anyone? Its Wednesday

--ImageRemoved--

Image

User avatar
smartblonde87
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby smartblonde87 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:24 am

Ding! No big surprise. Just glad to hear back!!!

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby gahthelaw » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:25 am

smartblonde87 wrote:Ding! No big surprise. Just glad to hear back!!!


sorry to hear that - what were your numbers?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: applicationquestions, curry4bfast, hellohalo and 3 guests