NYU 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
los blancos

Re: NYU 2010

Postby los blancos » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:39 pm

Kronk wrote:
BenJ wrote:
Kronk wrote:
split22 wrote:Application received 2/9. Never went complete. Letter of acceptance dated 2/23.

Very pleased, but there was no invitation to apply for scholarships (as I believe others have gotten).

I'm a little upset about it too, considering both of us have a decently high index for NYU. I hope not getting the application doesn't mean we are ineligible to receive merit aid, because I will need some =/.

I'm sure NYU would match your 60k at Chicago even if they end up not giving you a dean's scholarship.

That would be amazing. Easy decision at that point, tough one now.

Due to PI/LRAP right?

amputatedbrain

Postby amputatedbrain » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:44 pm

chutzpah wrote:Is it completely foolish of me to ask NYU to reconsider my rejection given my Feb LSAT of 174 (up from 165)? Worst they can say is no... which they already have.

I know they say they don't accept the Feb LSAT but other schools are making this exception for me.

Thanks.

Did those other schools your refer too agree to look at your Feb LSAT, or they reconsidered a rejection? I've heard that this is nearly impossible to do except in a few circumstances, like the school made some sort of mistake evaluating your application

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:01 pm

amputatedbrain wrote:
chutzpah wrote:Is it completely foolish of me to ask NYU to reconsider my rejection given my Feb LSAT of 174 (up from 165)? Worst they can say is no... which they already have.

I know they say they don't accept the Feb LSAT but other schools are making this exception for me.

Thanks.

Did those other schools your refer too agree to look at your Feb LSAT, or they reconsidered a rejection? I've heard that this is nearly impossible to do except in a few circumstances, like the school made some sort of mistake evaluating your application

Some schools will reconsider a rejection after a substantially improved LSAT, but I think NYU probably would not do so in this case as the February LSAT was after their application deadline. However, it can't hurt to ask.

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:04 pm

BenJ wrote:
amputatedbrain wrote:

Thanks.

Some schools will reconsider a rejection after a substantially improved LSAT, but I think NYU probably would not do so in this case as the February LSAT was after their application deadline. However, it can't hurt to ask.

+1

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:09 pm

BenJ wrote:Some schools will reconsider a rejection after a substantially improved LSAT, but I think NYU probably would not do so in this case as the February LSAT was after their application deadline. However, it can't hurt to ask.

Thank you. Can't hurt to ask.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:34 pm

BenJ wrote:

I cordially asked every school in T10 which states Feb score is too late to consider mine, Columbia and NYU promised a normal review of my application. I am not sure about reconsidering a rejection but you can of course ask them to review their decision. I would attach a score addendum with the request so they can make their decision with good information (explain why the first score was not as good an indicator as the second). For me, it will be my first score and I am graduating a year earlier (I cited that as the reason for me to take the Feb LSAT), and they were very nice about it. Stanford and Berkeley was not interested however.

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:47 am

r6_philly wrote:
BenJ wrote:

I cordially asked every school in T10 which states Feb score is too late to consider mine, Columbia and NYU promised a normal review of my application. I am not sure about reconsidering a rejection but you can of course ask them to review their decision. I would attach a score addendum with the request so they can make their decision with good information (explain why the first score was not as good an indicator as the second). For me, it will be my first score and I am graduating a year earlier (I cited that as the reason for me to take the Feb LSAT), and they were very nice about it. Stanford and Berkeley was not interested however.

Thanks for your input! Columbia also agreed to hold my application. When I wrote to Harvard back in Jan asking them to hold my app they said "thank you for your update" and then rejected me a few weeks later. :evil:

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:58 am

chutzpah wrote:
Thanks for your input! Columbia also agreed to hold my application. When I wrote to Harvard back in Jan asking them to hold my app they said "thank you for your update" and then rejected me a few weeks later. :evil:

No problem! My app is hanging at Harvard but I was expecting them to reject me before getting the LSDAS report since it has been 6 weeks. I must say I am surprised I am still "in the running" :lol:

Since I had to take the 2/27 LSAT my score won't be released for another week and I probably won't be complete until late March... I am starting to feel like all of this is futile lol.

Good luck to you, hope they would take another look. But you can always reapply. I am going to get a masters in the fall if my cycle doesn't work out.

Drew2010

Postby Drew2010 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:08 am

NYU is the only app I'm still waiting to hear back from.. blah, I really hope they don't wait until April to let us held applicants know

CG614

Postby CG614 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:03 am

Does NYU send more information or materials after the BPE? I know I can probably find everything I need online, but I wanted to know if I should be on the lookout for more mail from them. Thanks!

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:26 am

They send two more packages after the BPE that you should get within a week or two of admission.

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:57 am

chutzpah wrote:
BenJ wrote:Some schools will reconsider a rejection after a substantially improved LSAT, but I think NYU probably would not do so in this case as the February LSAT was after their application deadline. However, it can't hurt to ask.

Ask and ye shall receive. NYU says they'll reconsider my app after all other decisions have been made... in late May. So obviously my chances are slim to none, but its nice that they'll take another look.

dontstopbelivin

Postby dontstopbelivin » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:19 pm

Drew2010 wrote:NYU is the only app I'm still waiting to hear back from.. blah, I really hope they don't wait until April to let us held applicants know

+1. Just reject me already!

Holly Golightly

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:46 pm

chutzpah wrote:
chutzpah wrote:

Ask and ye shall receive. NYU says they'll reconsider my app after all other decisions have been made... in late May. So obviously my chances are slim to none, but its nice that they'll take another look.

That's really cool. :)

democrattotheend

Postby democrattotheend » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:57 pm

BenJ wrote:
split22 wrote:Application received 2/9. Never went complete. Letter of acceptance dated 2/23.

Very pleased, but there was no invitation to apply for scholarships (as I believe others have gotten).

The invitation to the Dean's scholarship came via email separately from the offer of admission. In any case, the deadline for submitting the merit aid application has passed (was 2/24).

I thought it was April 1st. That's what it said on the website. Where did you get 2/24?

PapantlaFlyer

Postby PapantlaFlyer » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:58 pm

I submitted in Oct, been complete since Nov, and no word. WTF? anyone else in the same position?

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:00 pm

PapantlaFlyer wrote:I submitted in Oct, been complete since Nov, and no word. WTF? anyone else in the same position?

yup, there are a few of us. i'm assuming we're headed for waitlist-ville come april.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:06 pm

gahthelaw wrote:
PapantlaFlyer wrote:I submitted in Oct, been complete since Nov, and no word. WTF? anyone else in the same position?

yup, there are a few of us. i'm assuming we're headed for waitlist-ville come april.

+1

legendwaitforitdairy

Postby legendwaitforitdairy » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:17 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:

+1

Me too...Do you think we will hear by April 1?

PapantlaFlyer

Postby PapantlaFlyer » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:20 pm

legendwaitforitdairy wrote:
LaurenGayle wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:

+1

Me too...Do you think we will hear by April 1?

I don't know...but I'm thinking it's a waitlist too. You guys mind sharing numbers so we get an idea on our group?

I'm 165/3.8 URM, with what I believe are some interesting softs.

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:23 pm

i'm more or less at their medians, but I have an LSAT retake which I know they hate.

legendwaitforitdairy

Postby legendwaitforitdairy » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:25 pm

Me too...Do you think we will hear by April 1?[/quote]

I don't know...but I'm thinking it's a waitlist too. You guys mind sharing numbers so we get an idea on our group?

I'm 165/3.8 URM, with what I believe are some interesting softs.[/quote]

I'm 168/3.5+ URM ....I think the strongest part of my app may have been my recs....other than that okay/good softs

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:25 pm

PapantlaFlyer wrote:

I'd actually be lucky to get a WL -- 75% GPA, <25% LSAT (sent out the app before getting the score back). Do have ties to NYU so I guess we'll see.

legendwaitforitdairy

Postby legendwaitforitdairy » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:25 pm

legendwaitforitdairy wrote:Me too...Do you think we will hear by April 1?

I'm 165/3.8 URM, with what I believe are some interesting softs.[/quote]

I'm 168/3.5+ URM ....I think the strongest part of my app may have been my recs....other than that okay/good softs

I didnt meant to post that twice....
Last edited by legendwaitforitdairy on Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sikwitt

Postby sikwitt » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:26 pm

PapantlaFlyer wrote:

when did you submit?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”