NYU 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Core » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:06 pm

A non-URM with identical numbers to you got in. There's nothing to worry about.

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/CaesarAugustus/jd

Haha, thanks for that! That also makes me question what the hell they're doing with my app lol.

DanInALionsDen
Posts: 296
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:00 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby DanInALionsDen » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:50 pm

Probably a stupid question but, does NYU notify an applicant when their application goes under review, or does the complete email also serve that purpose?

User avatar
kinch
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:42 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby kinch » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:22 pm

DanInALionsDen wrote:Probably a stupid question but, does NYU notify an applicant when their application goes under review, or does the complete email also serve that purpose?

There's no under review update. You get the complete email, then acceptance/ding/etc.

User avatar
GordonCole
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby GordonCole » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:20 pm

scribelaw wrote:Oh my god oh my god oh my god!

I just logged in to the admitted students site!!!

Totally can't breath right now

I applied 12/29, complete 1/20.

173/3.73

Dude! Me too! I actually applied the same day. They didn't even send me an email saying my application was complete.

Does this mean I'm in for sure?

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby hannah87 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:59 am

GordonCole wrote:
scribelaw wrote:Oh my god oh my god oh my god!

I just logged in to the admitted students site!!!

Totally can't breath right now

I applied 12/29, complete 1/20.

173/3.73

Dude! Me too! I actually applied the same day. They didn't even send me an email saying my application was complete.

Does this mean I'm in for sure?


Yes- congratulations!

ariadne86
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:47 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby ariadne86 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:40 am

I submitted my NYU app 1/4 and haven't heard anything, including application receipt. Time for a call?

User avatar
englawyer
Posts: 1270
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:57 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby englawyer » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:06 pm

ariadne86 wrote:I submitted my NYU app 1/4 and haven't heard anything, including application receipt. Time for a call?


no. I applied mid-December and didn't hear anything until I got my acceptance in mid January. Wait another couple weeks I would say

ariadne86
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:47 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby ariadne86 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:12 pm

englawyer wrote:
ariadne86 wrote:I submitted my NYU app 1/4 and haven't heard anything, including application receipt. Time for a call?


no. I applied mid-December and didn't hear anything until I got my acceptance in mid January. Wait another couple weeks I would say


Thanks for the advice!

ankit
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:48 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby ankit » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:15 pm

CanadianEH wrote:I'm an international student, so I don't have a SIN number and couldn't find the alternative # they are requiring for log in. Any help here? It's asking for the LSDAS ID number, which apparently isn't the same as one's LSAC number


Yep....check the LSDAS report sent to NYU via the LSAC portal. You should see the number on the upper left corner of the pdf document - it will be in the form 999-XX-XXXX. Hope this helps!

User avatar
gilagarta
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:11 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby gilagarta » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:25 pm

I submitted 12/30, got the "app received" email on 1/12 with everyone else, never got a complete email, and can't log in to admitted students yet. 171/4.03...I'm hoping the letter's in the mail, but going to keep checking the admitted students page every 5 minutes just to be sure. :)

This is all made worse by me being at the office where no one knows I'm going to law school...

User avatar
Drew2010
Posts: 418
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Drew2010 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:28 pm

For the admitted student site you do include the /'s in your DOB right?

User avatar
wakefield
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:45 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby wakefield » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:31 pm

gilagarta wrote:I submitted 12/30, got the "app received" email on 1/12 with everyone else, never got a complete email, and can't log in to admitted students yet. 171/4.03...I'm hoping the letter's in the mail, but going to keep checking the admitted students page every 5 minutes just to be sure. :)

This is all made worse by me being at the office where no one knows I'm going to law school...



Ahh, me too - I have to suffer in silence all day! They know I took the LSAT, but not that I'm applying this cycle. It seems too awkward to say I'll be leaving...in like 7 months.

User avatar
gilagarta
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:11 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby gilagarta » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:33 pm

Drew2010 wrote:For the admitted student site you do include the /'s in your DOB right?


Yes. :( Where's my love, NYU?

User avatar
gilagarta
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:11 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby gilagarta » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:34 pm

wakefield wrote:
gilagarta wrote:I submitted 12/30, got the "app received" email on 1/12 with everyone else, never got a complete email, and can't log in to admitted students yet. 171/4.03...I'm hoping the letter's in the mail, but going to keep checking the admitted students page every 5 minutes just to be sure. :)

This is all made worse by me being at the office where no one knows I'm going to law school...



Ahh, me too - I have to suffer in silence all day! They know I took the LSAT, but not that I'm applying this cycle. It seems too awkward to say I'll be leaving...in like 7 months.


They don't even know I took the LSAT here! It's not a supportive environment, so I don't doubt they'd find a reason to can me early if they knew I was leaving in August.

User avatar
wakefield
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:45 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby wakefield » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:36 pm

gilagarta wrote:
wakefield wrote:
gilagarta wrote:I submitted 12/30, got the "app received" email on 1/12 with everyone else, never got a complete email, and can't log in to admitted students yet. 171/4.03...I'm hoping the letter's in the mail, but going to keep checking the admitted students page every 5 minutes just to be sure. :)

This is all made worse by me being at the office where no one knows I'm going to law school...



Ahh, me too - I have to suffer in silence all day! They know I took the LSAT, but not that I'm applying this cycle. It seems too awkward to say I'll be leaving...in like 7 months.


They don't even know I took the LSAT here! It's not a supportive environment, so I don't doubt they'd find a reason to can me early if they knew I was leaving in August.


I know my boss will be happy for me, as he's a fan of higher education - but it's so tricky to navigate through this process while working. I feel your pain.

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:00 pm

Ding. Not unexpected.

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby gahthelaw » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:01 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:Ding. Not unexpected.


sorry, nancy.

did it come via regular mail?

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:02 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:Ding. Not unexpected.


Postage date?

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:14 pm

Oh sorry - yes, snail mail. Letter dated the 19th, postage on the 21st.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby 02082010 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:21 pm

For this with transcript update requests... how long do you think we have? I won't be able to get it to them for at least two weeks.

User avatar
Snoopy1216
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:32 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Snoopy1216 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:52 pm

So has NYU just released a batch of rejections? :shock:

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:58 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:For this with transcript update requests... how long do you think we have? I won't be able to get it to them for at least two weeks.


I wouldn't expect them to return to our files for another month (yay--more waiting!). I think of this request as a semi-hold/we need more information to make a decision.

User avatar
Drew2010
Posts: 418
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Drew2010 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:41 pm

Just to check up on things, no ED-Hold applicants have heard anything yet correct?

User avatar
fidesverita
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby fidesverita » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:01 pm

Anyone from early Nov hear back yet? If I don't hear back soon, does that mean they're not going to consider me for any of the scholarships? :|

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby 02082010 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:04 pm

fidesverita wrote:Anyone from early Nov hear back yet? If I don't hear back soon, does that mean they're not going to consider me for any of the scholarships? :|


A bunch of us got fall grade request emails. Complete 11/10 here.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”