NYU 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Veyron

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Veyron » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:08 pm

Yes, I fully plan to when I get the info about ASW. I fucking feel like a kid on Christmas Eve just waiting for it.

hesitantstyle

Postby hesitantstyle » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:13 pm

Veyron wrote:LOL at me as a conservative choosing NYU because I am afraid of opposing viewpoints. I should go somewhere more liberal for school to be exposed to other points of view like... mmm... idk... having a hard time thinking, perhaps the Communist Party of the United States' annual convention?

No, obviously, NYU is incredibly liberal, most NYU profs are incredibly liberal, most NYU students are incredibly liberal - in fact, if I survive 3 years un-lynched I will consider myself lucky. I was just pointing out that in spite of all this, the few conservative profs that they have are at the top of their game and giving NYU props for having the balls not to let ideology get in the way of hiring the best talent.

As for rating profs I've never been taught by, well - just because I'm not from Louisiana and have never been governed by Bobby Jindal, doesn't stop me from rating him as a governor. Obviously teaching style is an important component of any prof and I know little about each person's ability in that regard. I am merely speaking about their standing in the legal community and their scholarly impact. I have no idea why this would "bother" either of you except for maybe jealousy. Dems!

+1 Stay strong my conservative brother!

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:21 pm

hesitantstyle wrote:
Veyron wrote:LOL at me as a conservative choosing NYU because I am afraid of opposing viewpoints. I should go somewhere more liberal for school to be exposed to other points of view like... mmm... idk... having a hard time thinking, perhaps the Communist Party of the United States' annual convention?

No, obviously, NYU is incredibly liberal, most NYU profs are incredibly liberal, most NYU students are incredibly liberal - in fact, if I survive 3 years un-lynched I will consider myself lucky. I was just pointing out that in spite of all this, the few conservative profs that they have are at the top of their game and giving NYU props for having the balls not to let ideology get in the way of hiring the best talent.

As for rating profs I've never been taught by, well - just because I'm not from Louisiana and have never been governed by Bobby Jindal, doesn't stop me from rating him as a governor. Obviously teaching style is an important component of any prof and I know little about each person's ability in that regard. I am merely speaking about their standing in the legal community and their scholarly impact. I have no idea why this would "bother" either of you except for maybe jealousy. Dems!

+1 Stay strong my conservative brother!

+2 all the top schools are liberal as all get out, not about to let that stop me

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:23 pm

ITT: The three conservative law students on TLS realize that they are not alone in the universe.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:25 pm

Veyron wrote:ITT: The three conservative law students on TLS realize that they are not alone in the universe.

don't get too comfortable.

http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/ ... sts_advice

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:35 pm

Oh lord. Nevertheless, still plan on joining straightaway. Going to a Federalist convention and watching a COA judge get a bit pissy and run around blowing a rape-whistle was one of the highlights of my life.

englawyer

Postby englawyer » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:52 pm

in via purple envelope. boston area submit date was mid dec

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:53 pm

englawyer wrote:in via purple envelope. boston area submit date was mid dec

congratulations! what days are your letter dated and your envelope postmarked?

anonymous5042

Postby anonymous5042 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:54 pm

englawyer wrote:in via purple envelope. boston area submit date was mid dec

When was it dated, if you don't mind me asking?

englawyer

Postby englawyer » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:06 pm

January 8th.
Submit date: 12/15 ish

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:13 pm

argh. i wish my parents would take leave from their jobs so they could stay home and wait for my mail to arrive at their house.

anonymous5042

Postby anonymous5042 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:13 pm

Looks like another round of acceptances is in the mail.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I hope to hear from them this time.

mockstar

Postby mockstar » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:32 pm

I got the purple envelope with the 12/7 batch but only the letter and the coming/not coming sheet. I still haven't received anything else (although I suppose something could be waiting for me at school when I get back from break). How long did it take everybody else to get any additional information? Has anybody heard anything about ASD?

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:11 pm

mockstar wrote:I got the purple envelope with the 12/7 batch but only the letter and the coming/not coming sheet. I still haven't received anything else (although I suppose something could be waiting for me at school when I get back from break). How long did it take everybody else to get any additional information? Has anybody heard anything about ASD?

I received a copy of a campus magazine about a week following the arrival of my purple envelope. No word on ASD yet though. I'm sure more information will me coming in the near future...

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:13 pm

TheWire wrote:
mockstar wrote:I got the purple envelope with the 12/7 batch but only the letter and the coming/not coming sheet. I still haven't received anything else (although I suppose something could be waiting for me at school when I get back from break). How long did it take everybody else to get any additional information? Has anybody heard anything about ASD?

I received a copy of a campus magazine about a week following the arrival of my purple envelope. No word on ASD yet though. I'm sure more information will me coming in the near future...

isn't it already on their website?

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:16 pm

IAFG wrote:
TheWire wrote:

I could be wrong, but I thought only the dates were online. I would fathom to think that that an invitation of some sort and/or an admitted students site is forthcoming...

mockstar

Postby mockstar » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:19 pm

IAFG wrote:
TheWire wrote:

Yes, the dates are on their website, but I haven't been able to find out any other info like a schedule or anything like that. I want to book my flights, so I wanted to know like how early there are things going on on the first day (I know for some, stuff doesn't start until the night of the first day) and things like that.

Shaggier1

Postby Shaggier1 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:56 pm

Dinged today via snail mail. Seems like I am the only one?

MeasuredOptimism

Postby MeasuredOptimism » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:02 pm

IN today via purple envelope. Letter dated 1/8. I live within blocks of NYU, so I would assume a batch went out to be received in the next few days.

Submitted 11/17, never confirmation of completion.

3.9/172.

My cycle could be over today and I would be a happy camper.

los blancos

Postby los blancos » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:12 pm

What did you guys do for your NYU PS? Since they don't specify a length I'm thinking of doing what I did for Berkeley... my normal 2-page PS + why NYU on the next 2 pages...

Thoughts?

Hattori Hanzo

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:15 pm

boilercat wrote:What did you guys do for your NYU PS? Since they don't specify a length I'm thinking of doing what I did for Berkeley... my normal 2-page PS + why NYU on the next 2 pages...

Thoughts?

They allow 4 pages? I just submitted the same 2 page PS.

lawyering

Postby lawyering » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:17 pm

Accepted today via purple envelope!!!! :D Letter also dated January 8. Very excited!!!

MTC87

Postby MTC87 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:20 pm

Hattori Hanzo wrote:
boilercat wrote:What did you guys do for your NYU PS? Since they don't specify a length I'm thinking of doing what I did for Berkeley... my normal 2-page PS + why NYU on the next 2 pages...

Thoughts?

+1

i feel like an unsolicited extra 2 pages on top of the PS would not necessarily be helpful

los blancos

Postby los blancos » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:28 pm

Hattori Hanzo wrote:

Thoughts?

Well, they leave the length entirely up to you.

I'm only thinking about adding the other 2 pages because I'm very borderline numbers-wise for NYU - 3.6/171 means I'm not very confident.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:30 pm

boilercat wrote:
Hattori Hanzo wrote:

Thoughts?

Well, they leave the length entirely up to you.

I'm only thinking about adding the other 2 pages because I'm very borderline numbers-wise for NYU - 3.6/171 means I'm not very confident.

In my opinion, having a four page PS is giving them a reason to deny you, not a reason to accept.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”