NYU 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LDC
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:47 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby LDC » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:22 pm

To those who've called... will they tell you if a decision has been mailed if you're RD?

I applied RD, went complete 12/15 --- would be interested to know if anyone else went complete on the 15th and, if so, whether y'all have heard.

Thanks!!! & Congrats to everyone who's been accepted!!!!!

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby gahthelaw » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:33 pm

LDC wrote:To those who've called... will they tell you if a decision has been mailed if you're RD?

I applied RD, went complete 12/15 --- would be interested to know if anyone else went complete on the 15th and, if so, whether y'all have heard.

Thanks!!! & Congrats to everyone who's been accepted!!!!!


sometimes they will, sometimes they won't. apparently it depends on who in the admissions office you speak to and what mood they're in.

regatsrj
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:36 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby regatsrj » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:08 pm

LDC wrote:To those who've called... will they tell you if a decision has been mailed if you're RD?

I applied RD, went complete 12/15 --- would be interested to know if anyone else went complete on the 15th and, if so, whether y'all have heard.

Thanks!!! & Congrats to everyone who's been accepted!!!!!


I applied RD in November, never went complete, and got in 12/23 via purple envelope without warning. NYU seems to love the element of surprise.

dms87
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby dms87 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:46 pm

No mail in south Florida...this is killing me. Complete 12/1........................waitlist city ugggggh

User avatar
kumba84
Posts: 125
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:40 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby kumba84 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:15 pm

In today! Application sent 11/23, received 12/2. Never got a complete email. Letter dated 12/21 and sent to the Midwest. So excited about this one and happy to know I've gotten accepted before I turn in my scholly essays this week. Good luck to everyone!

User avatar
ValiantVic
Posts: 164
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby ValiantVic » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:22 pm

rockchalk86 wrote:Deferred ED... Not the worst thing in the world considering my other acceptances but still not happy about it.


I take it the ED Deferral was dated 12/21?

User avatar
rockchalk86
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:16 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby rockchalk86 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:31 pm

ValiantVic wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:Deferred ED... Not the worst thing in the world considering my other acceptances but still not happy about it.


I take it the ED Deferral was dated 12/21?


Nope the letter was dated 12/23

User avatar
ValiantVic
Posts: 164
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby ValiantVic » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:45 pm

rockchalk86 wrote:
ValiantVic wrote:
rockchalk86 wrote:Deferred ED... Not the worst thing in the world considering my other acceptances but still not happy about it.


I take it the ED Deferral was dated 12/21?


Nope the letter was dated 12/23


Hmm. Well I'm banking on the bad news as opposed to the good..sigh.

User avatar
ValiantVic
Posts: 164
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby ValiantVic » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:58 pm

Deferral. Sigh.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby crackberry » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:25 pm

In today via regular mail. I'd been away for a while so I got the letter (dated Dec. 14) and the admission packet at the same time. I live in San Francisco.

I'm going to wait to see if they admit me to the Environmental Law Scholars Program before I decide to withdraw or not.

User avatar
Jackie O
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:34 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Jackie O » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:24 pm

So...considering the flux of acceptances that went out a week or so ago, 12/8 complete + no purple envelope likely equals rejection/WL, right?

Annoying.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:28 pm

mellifluouslyso wrote:So...considering the flux of acceptances that went out a week or so ago, 12/8 complete + no purple envelope likely equals rejection/WL, right?

Annoying.


I was complete on 11/3 and haven't heard anything yet. I'm definitely giving it some time, not ready to give up hope yet.

Split5
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:49 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Split5 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:11 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
mellifluouslyso wrote:So...considering the flux of acceptances that went out a week or so ago, 12/8 complete + no purple envelope likely equals rejection/WL, right?

Annoying.


I was complete on 11/3 and haven't heard anything yet. I'm definitely giving it some time, not ready to give up hope yet.


Complete 11/10 here and nothing. LSN's history says I am guaranteed a WL though, my decent index aside.

User avatar
ValiantVic
Posts: 164
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby ValiantVic » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:15 pm

For those EDers who were deferred. Go back to NYU's LSN numbers last year and check out those who submitted at 11/15 and received a decision in April. That should give some indication (though not very accurate) as to the percentage of those who were deferred that got in.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby crackberry » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:17 pm

To those worried that they're being passed over because they've been complete for a while: I submitted in early September and my acceptance letter was dated 12/14. People who submitted much later than me were admitted in early December. Don't give up hope.

Split5
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:49 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Split5 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:27 pm

crackberry wrote:To those worried that they're being passed over because they've been complete for a while: I submitted in early September and my acceptance letter was dated 12/14. People who submitted much later than me were admitted in early December. Don't give up hope.


The issue is that last year, for people complete by mid-November, 95%+ of the acceptances that went out did so by the end of December.

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby gahthelaw » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:35 pm

Split5 wrote:
crackberry wrote:To those worried that they're being passed over because they've been complete for a while: I submitted in early September and my acceptance letter was dated 12/14. People who submitted much later than me were admitted in early December. Don't give up hope.


The issue is that last year, for people complete by mid-November, 95%+ of the acceptances that went out did so by the end of December.


..... doom. gloom.

User avatar
Drew2010
Posts: 418
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:21 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Drew2010 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:38 am

gahthelaw wrote:
Split5 wrote:
crackberry wrote:To those worried that they're being passed over because they've been complete for a while: I submitted in early September and my acceptance letter was dated 12/14. People who submitted much later than me were admitted in early December. Don't give up hope.


The issue is that last year, for people complete by mid-November, 95%+ of the acceptances that went out did so by the end of December.


..... doom. gloom.


+1 on the doom and gloom... crap...

User avatar
JetstoRJC
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby JetstoRJC » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:10 pm

In!!!! Numbers were borderline for NYU so I was very excited. I got the three page letter from Dean Revesz in the large white envelope...I assume that normally the purple envelope is supposed to come first? I just moved so my mail is going all over the place....

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby gahthelaw » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:14 pm

JetstoRJC wrote:In!!!! Numbers were borderline for NYU so I was very excited. I got the three page letter from Dean Revesz in the large white envelope...I assume that normally the purple envelope is supposed to come first? I just moved so my mail is going all over the place....


congrats! when is the letter dated?

User avatar
BlueCivic
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:59 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby BlueCivic » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:17 pm

This is annoying. I applied on Sept. 15th. Do I have a shot still, statistically?

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby gahthelaw » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:18 pm

BlueCivic wrote:This is annoying. I applied on Sept. 15th. Do I have a shot still, statistically?


no. me neither. we're all doomed.

User avatar
JetstoRJC
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby JetstoRJC » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:19 pm

Letter dated December 22nd...am I right in assuming that the purple envelope should have come first and is somewhere lost in the mail?

User avatar
ihatelaw
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:26 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby ihatelaw » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:19 pm

BlueCivic wrote:This is annoying. I applied on Sept. 15th. Do I have a shot still, statistically?




i do know a person who applied in early october last year and didnt find out until the end of february that they got in.

User avatar
BlueCivic
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:59 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby BlueCivic » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:20 pm

Oh NYU you are a hard mistress.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: addie1412, Assasindowntheavenue, AustinLu, blahblah123, cantyoloforever, Exabot [Bot], genjustice, Google [Bot], JazzyMac, Kaziende, lawnerd87, LawSchoolTitan, Long shot hero, malysh, mm2368, taxman14, TexasENG, vho1791 and 55 guests