NYU 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
irie

Bronze
Posts: 323
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 9:50 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby irie » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:37 pm

Kretzy wrote:
psychomohel wrote:
lz06 wrote:I applied 9/4 and still no complete e-mail...


I wouldn't worry about it. I applied 9/1 and only got mine yesterday.


Applied 9/3, got the complete email 11/3. Jeez, at least they have everything now. Underwhelming though.


yeah, same dates for me. pretty impersonal email, sounds like a computer generated auto-reply, with a 2 month delay.

User avatar
jm19

New
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:02 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby jm19 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:18 pm

psychomohel wrote:
lz06 wrote:I applied 9/4 and still no complete e-mail...


I wouldn't worry about it. I applied 9/1 and only got mine yesterday.


+1

protokurios

Bronze
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:49 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby protokurios » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:03 pm

Jumping in the pool after finally getting the complete 11/2.

User avatar
gahthelaw

Silver
Posts: 727
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby gahthelaw » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:59 am

those of you saying you're under review... where did you get your status checker login? I submitted in early October and heard nothing until the complete email on 11/3. Am I missing an email or something?

lsnoob

New
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:58 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby lsnoob » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:11 am

no status checker for me, but my complete e-mail (1 month in the making) said i was complete and under review.

User avatar
gahthelaw

Silver
Posts: 727
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby gahthelaw » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:15 am

lsnoob wrote:no status checker for me, but my complete e-mail (1 month in the making) said i was complete and under review.


ohh ok. my complete email said that as well... i was just hoping for something a little more comprehensive from NYU (that i could check compulsively every two hours)

User avatar
crackberry

Gold
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby crackberry » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:55 pm

Has anyone who applied a long time ago (September) not received a complete email from NYU? I applied on 9/4 and got an "application received" email that said they would let me know when I was complete, but I've yet to get a complete email...

lz06

Bronze
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby lz06 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:52 pm

crackberry wrote:Has anyone who applied a long time ago (September) not received a complete email from NYU? I applied on 9/4 and got an "application received" email that said they would let me know when I was complete, but I've yet to get a complete email...


I applied 9/4 and got the recieved email but have yet to be complete

thorntll

Bronze
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:17 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby thorntll » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:53 pm

crackberry wrote:Has anyone who applied a long time ago (September) not received a complete email from NYU? I applied on 9/4 and got an "application received" email that said they would let me know when I was complete, but I've yet to get a complete email...


Yes. Applied September 27, I believe. ED. I didn't even receive an "application received" e-mail. However, I e-mailed the Admissions Office, and they said I'm complete.... I think they're just incredibly inconsistent.

User avatar
NancyBotwin

Silver
Posts: 1084
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:19 pm

Submitted over the weekend. I don't really stand a chance, but I'm holding out hope anyway.

0L Hoping for 1

Silver
Posts: 1322
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:21 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:Submitted over the weekend. I don't really stand a chance, but I'm holding out hope anyway.


Did you put this in every threat NB?!

User avatar
NancyBotwin

Silver
Posts: 1084
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:23 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:Submitted over the weekend. I don't really stand a chance, but I'm holding out hope anyway.


Did you put this in every threat NB?!


Lol, no. Just two or three. :mrgreen:

0L Hoping for 1

Silver
Posts: 1322
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:24 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:Submitted over the weekend. I don't really stand a chance, but I'm holding out hope anyway.


Did you put this in every threat NB?!


Lol, no. Just two or three. :mrgreen:


Your classing Nancy Botwin tar was so much hotter :mrgreen:

User avatar
NancyBotwin

Silver
Posts: 1084
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:26 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:Submitted over the weekend. I don't really stand a chance, but I'm holding out hope anyway.


Did you put this in every threat NB?!


Lol, no. Just two or three. :mrgreen:


Your classing Nancy Botwin tar was so much hotter :mrgreen:


I'll go back to that one eventually. :mrgreen:

User avatar
violaboy

Bronze
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby violaboy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:14 pm

crackberry wrote:Has anyone who applied a long time ago (September) not received a complete email from NYU? I applied on 9/4 and got an "application received" email that said they would let me know when I was complete, but I've yet to get a complete email...


I just got the complete email a couple of days ago, and I applied about two months ago.

02082010

Gold
Posts: 1645
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby 02082010 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:27 pm

So NYU specifically says not to call inquiring about the status of your app but it seems like some of you did. Was the admissions receptionist annoyed or anything? It's been 2 weeks since I submitted and a week and a half since I got the received email.

User avatar
Kronk

Diamond
Posts: 32987
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Kronk » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:35 pm

I really wouldn't call. Every admissions office staff member and dean tells you not to call. If it is January and you never got a complete email, consider it. Otherwise, I wouldn't. NYU is notorious for not sending those emails out, and many people have been waiting far longer than 2 1/2 weeks (more like 2 1/2 months).

User avatar
crackberry

Gold
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby crackberry » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:42 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:So NYU specifically says not to call inquiring about the status of your app but it seems like some of you did. Was the admissions receptionist annoyed or anything? It's been 2 weeks since I submitted and a week and a half since I got the received email.

Yeah dude I submitted on 9/4 and haven't heard from them.

02082010

Gold
Posts: 1645
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby 02082010 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:54 pm

Thanks, I won't call. NYU is my best shot at CCN RD so I don't want to go pissing people off.

oneforship

Silver
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby oneforship » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:57 pm

crackberry wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:So NYU specifically says not to call inquiring about the status of your app but it seems like some of you did. Was the admissions receptionist annoyed or anything? It's been 2 weeks since I submitted and a week and a half since I got the received email.

Yeah dude I submitted on 9/4 and haven't heard from them.


I submitted 9/1 and it was dead silent from them until earlier this week when I got a complete email. I never called, just waited it out. I don't think it's any cause to worry at this point.

ylc

New
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:38 am

Re: NYU 2010

Postby ylc » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:08 pm

It says you can contact them in the FAQ:

http://www.law.nyu.edu/admissions/jdadm ... dex.htm#29

"When calling the Office of Admissions for the status of your application, please be sure that you have allowed enough time for materials to arrive and be processed."

citydweller09

Bronze
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby citydweller09 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:21 pm

Just got the complete email.

02082010

Gold
Posts: 1645
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby 02082010 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:53 pm

citydweller09 wrote:Just got the complete email.


+1.

User avatar
dudester

Bronze
Posts: 326
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:23 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby dudester » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:58 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
citydweller09 wrote:Just got the complete email.


+1.

Ditto

User avatar
Kronk

Diamond
Posts: 32987
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: NYU 2010

Postby Kronk » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:05 pm

I got a "you didn't tell us if you want to ED or not" email (I don't).



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests