NYU 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hannah87

Silver

Re: NYU 2010

Post by hannah87 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:12 pm

thatcrazieguy wrote:
thatcrazieguy wrote:Question: I got my "application received" e-mail way back in November (the 11th) and the "completed / under review" e-mail in January (the 7th). Does it normally take that long? Is that a bad sign?
Also, for stats: 3.89 GPA 169 LSAT from top 10 University: thoughts on chances for admission?
From what I've seen, slim but not impossible. Under normal circumstances (non-URM, no amazing softs), definitely waitlist territory.

Interminable_Waiting

Bronze

Post by Interminable_Waiting » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:15 pm

hannah87 wrote:
Interminable_Waiting wrote:I would be pumped to get a WL letter. I have a plan all ready (not a good plan).

1) Send LOCI.
2) Visit a few times, and try to speak with admissions people.
3) Retake LSAT in June, and manage to stay on WL until I get my (much-improved) score.
4) Get accepted.
I'm considering retaking too (don't tell my husband- he will FLIP OUT). Good plan!

EDIT: your LSAT score is awesome, btw. it was the one I was hoping for the first time around :(
Its great... but I think not quite good enough with my GPA... I am extremely jealous of yours.

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:16 pm

Interminable_Waiting wrote:
hannah87 wrote:
Interminable_Waiting wrote:I would be pumped to get a WL letter. I have a plan all ready (not a good plan).

1) Send LOCI.
2) Visit a few times, and try to speak with admissions people.
3) Retake LSAT in June, and manage to stay on WL until I get my (much-improved) score.
4) Get accepted.
I'm considering retaking too (don't tell my husband- he will FLIP OUT). Good plan!

EDIT: your LSAT score is awesome, btw. it was the one I was hoping for the first time around :(
Its great... but I think not quite good enough with my GPA... I am extremely jealous of yours.
Thanks, man. With my GPA and your LSAT, we are an unstoppable team! Let's send in a joint app!!

If only it could work that way...

insidethetwenty

Bronze

Post by insidethetwenty » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:30 pm

Anybody else complete in Sept/Oct/Nov, numbers that have been accepted in multiple RD waves since December, and have still heard nothing?

gahthelaw

Silver

Post by gahthelaw » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:34 pm

insidethetwenty wrote:Anybody else complete in Sept/Oct/Nov, numbers that have been accepted in multiple RD waves since December, and have still heard nothing?
yup. i have no clue what's going on.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

insidethetwenty

Bronze

Post by insidethetwenty » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:39 pm

gahthelaw wrote:
insidethetwenty wrote:Anybody else complete in Sept/Oct/Nov, numbers that have been accepted in multiple RD waves since December, and have still heard nothing?
Good to know I'm not alone. Looking at LSN it looks like they just hold out some soft LSAT splitters and some slightly above both medians people until they randomly accept them through February and then scatter a few more in early March prior to WL'ing the rest...

Good luck to you!

AliceB

New

Post by AliceB » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:56 pm

Me too - complete in November and haven't heard a word.

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:57 pm

AliceB wrote:
Me too - complete in [strike]November[/strike] October and haven't heard a word.

gahthelaw

Silver

Post by gahthelaw » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:26 pm

insidethetwenty wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:
Good to know I'm not alone. Looking at LSN it looks like they just hold out some soft LSAT splitters and some slightly above both medians people until they randomly accept them through February and then scatter a few more in early March prior to WL'ing the rest...

Good luck to you!
good to know - thanks :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Drew2010

Bronze

Post by Drew2010 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:32 pm

insidethetwenty wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:

Good luck to you!
I would like to be one of those soft LSAT splitters to hear in February...

gahthelaw

Silver

Post by gahthelaw » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:32 pm

Drew2010 wrote:
insidethetwenty wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:

Good luck to you!
I would like to be one of those soft LSAT splitters to hear in February...
me too

insidethetwenty

Bronze

Post by insidethetwenty » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:47 pm

I'm not a splitter but both of my numbers are median-or-better. I'm thinking that they are holding a few people in my range (and splitters) to see how their class is shaking out before saying yea, maybe, or nay.

booboo

Silver

Post by booboo » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:48 pm

insidethetwenty wrote:I'm not a splitter but both of my numbers are median-or-better. I'm thinking that they are holding a few people in my range (and splitters) to see how their class is shaking out before saying yea, maybe, or nay.
Very unlikely on the nay.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:53 pm

Anyone have experience sending NYU a post-application additional LOR through LSDAS? I sent one a week ago and it doesn't appear to have been "sent" yet (the "sent" icon isn't displayed). Is this normal? CLS, SLS, HLS, and UVA already received it, days ago. The NYU admissions office said sending an additional LOR through LSDAS was preferred.

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:08 pm

insidethetwenty wrote:I'm not a splitter but both of my numbers are median-or-better. I'm thinking that they are holding a few people in my range (and splitters) to see how their class is shaking out before saying yea, maybe, or nay.
Yeah, I'm pretty much right at the median I think. However, I'm not really optimistic at this point. I think I'm a definite waitlist, especially after being waitlisted at Columbia yesterday. Also, Fordham's ignoring me. Weird.

Revisionist

New

Post by Revisionist » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:09 pm

Core wrote:Anyone have experience sending NYU a post-application additional LOR through LSDAS? I sent one a week ago and it doesn't appear to have been "sent" yet (the "sent" icon isn't displayed). Is this normal? CLS, SLS, HLS, and UVA already received it, days ago. The NYU admissions office said sending an additional LOR through LSDAS was preferred.
NYU only has LSAC send additional LORs on the 1st and 15th.

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:13 pm

Revisionist wrote:
Core wrote:Anyone have experience sending NYU a post-application additional LOR through LSDAS? I sent one a week ago and it doesn't appear to have been "sent" yet (the "sent" icon isn't displayed). Is this normal? CLS, SLS, HLS, and UVA already received it, days ago. The NYU admissions office said sending an additional LOR through LSDAS was preferred.
NYU only has LSAC send additional LORs on the 1st and 15th.
Oh, wow, ok. That explains it. Thanks!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:56 pm

Is it appropriate to send in a LOCI if you had fall grades requested? Grade request is just another way to hold someone in my opinion, but has anyone else sent in additional material?

D Brooks

Silver

Post by D Brooks » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:03 am

Jericwithers wrote:Is it appropriate to send in a LOCI if you had fall grades requested? Grade request is just another way to hold someone in my opinion, but has anyone else sent in additional material?
I sent in an LOCI.

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:04 am

D Brooks wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:Is it appropriate to send in a LOCI if you had fall grades requested? Grade request is just another way to hold someone in my opinion, but has anyone else sent in additional material?
I sent in an LOCI.
Fucking lurker.

D Brooks

Silver

Post by D Brooks » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:05 am

Kronk wrote:
D Brooks wrote:
I sent in an LOCI.
Fucking lurker.
:?:

I'm in St. Croix and haven't been on in 36hrs. Just got back in from a long day of adventuring around the island and about to head to bed.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:07 am

D Brooks wrote:
Kronk wrote:
D Brooks wrote:
I sent in an LOCI.
Fucking lurker.
:?:

I'm in St. Croix and haven't been on in 36hrs. Just got back in from a long day of adventuring around the island and about to head to bed.
I wasn't serious I'm just bored. I predicted as soon as jeric posted that you would show up.

Edit: htmfhmf

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:54 am

Kronk wrote:I wasn't serious I'm just bored. I predicted as soon as jeric posted that you would show up.

Edit: htmfhmf
I have a stalker? or two?

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:41 pm

Rejected. Got my letter today. Too disappointed to even look when it was postmarked.

For anyone who is interested, my numbers are 3.7/171.

booboo

Silver

Post by booboo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Kim617 wrote:Rejected. Got my letter today. Too disappointed to even look when it was postmarked.

For anyone who is interested, my numbers are 3.7/171.
Wow, that is really scary...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”