NYU 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lsathalon

Bronze

Re: NYU 2010

Post by lsathalon » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:34 am

wackadoodle wrote:sooo I could log into the admitted students page yesterday but today it doesn't work....what to make of this? maybe they decided they hate me?

Did this happen to anyone else?
The NYU status checker is just temperamental. I was accepted in December, and there are still days the admitted student page won't let me in.

Point is, if you were ever able to log in, you must have been given access and are in :)

mockstar

New

Post by mockstar » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:59 pm

lsathalon wrote:
wackadoodle wrote:sooo I could log into the admitted students page yesterday but today it doesn't work....what to make of this? maybe they decided they hate me?

The NYU status checker is just temperamental. I was accepted in December, and there are still days the admitted student page won't let me in.

Point is, if you were ever able to log in, you must have been given access and are in :)
+1 Their whole website is really kind of a bitch. For such a prestigious school, they should really get on that...

bball999

New

Post by bball999 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:31 pm

For those who were just able to log in to the admitted students site, when did you apply and/or go complete? I applied 12/28, app received 1/12, no complete email... and I could not log in. I, too, was kind of banking on NYU, and now I'm getting really nervous.

mockstar

New

Post by mockstar » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:44 pm

bball999 wrote:For those who were just able to log in to the admitted students site, when did you apply and/or go complete? I applied 12/28, app received 1/12, no complete email... and I could not log in. I, too, was kind of banking on NYU, and now I'm getting really nervous.
No offense intended, but you're getting really nervous after your application going in 9 days ago? Really? Chill out. You can't log in, because you aren't admitted yet. It takes more than 3 weeks. And see above about complete e-mails. Don't drive yourself crazy over nothing.

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:00 pm

mockstar wrote:
bball999 wrote:For those who were just able to log in to the admitted students site, when did you apply and/or go complete? I applied 12/28, app received 1/12, no complete email... and I could not log in. I, too, was kind of banking on NYU, and now I'm getting really nervous.
No offense intended, but you're getting really nervous after your application going in 9 days ago? Really? Chill out. You can't log in, because you aren't admitted yet. It takes more than 3 weeks. And see above about complete e-mails. Don't drive yourself crazy over nothing.
Yeah, I applied 12/7, and went complete 1/12 I think. So you probably have a while, as do I.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bball999

New

Post by bball999 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:36 pm

ha okay you guys are right, thanks for calming me down there

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:43 pm

Per LSN, it looks like rejections started going out last week. Has one been reported on here?

oneforship

Silver

Post by oneforship » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:43 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:Per LSN, it looks like rejections started going out last week. Has one been reported on here?
I haven't got mine yet.

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:48 pm

This was my best shot, RD, at CCN. I didn't have a good shot by any means, but it was my best. Expecting a WL or rejection seeing as I have been complete for 8ish weeks.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:54 am

hopefulundergrad wrote:This was my best shot, RD, at CCN. I didn't have a good shot by any means, but it was my best. Expecting a WL or rejection seeing as I have been complete for 8ish weeks.
Many of us have been complete for much longer without a word other than "complete." Don't infer you've been rejected.

mochafury

Bronze

Post by mochafury » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:11 am

hopefulundergrad wrote:This was my best shot, RD, at CCN. I didn't have a good shot by any means, but it was my best. Expecting a WL or rejection seeing as I have been complete for 8ish weeks.
I call premature exasperation on your use of the past tense here.

Blacklist

New

Post by Blacklist » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:35 am

BenJ wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:You're all going to hate me but what's the log in info for the admitted students site? Also, link?
https://its.law.nyu.edu/admitted/login/ ... /index.cfm

SSN for username and birthdate for password. It didn't work for me, said no record found, which is unsurprising considering that if I'm complete, it just happened today.
I was able to get into the site today, first time I'd tried. Is this real?

179/3.4
Iraq veteran
Application acknowledged 12/22/09, no comms since then.

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:46 pm

Blacklist wrote:
BenJ wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:You're all going to hate me but what's the log in info for the admitted students site? Also, link?
https://its.law.nyu.edu/admitted/login/ ... /index.cfm

SSN for username and birthdate for password. It didn't work for me, said no record found, which is unsurprising considering that if I'm complete, it just happened today.
I was able to get into the site today, first time I'd tried. Is this real?

179/3.4
Iraq veteran
Application acknowledged 12/22/09, no comms since then.
You're definitely in if you can log in to the admitted students site. Congrats! (NYU wouldn't reject a 179 veteran, anyway, unless you had a terrible GPA. Last year, they accepted a 179/3.38 without veteran status.)

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bedhead/jd

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

democrattotheend

Bronze

Post by democrattotheend » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:22 pm

lsathalon wrote:

I thought NYU did not have a status checker.

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:28 pm

democrattotheend wrote:
lsathalon wrote:

I thought NYU did not have a status checker.
He's calling the admitted students site a status checker. The point is that NYU is closemouthed.

lawapps0502

Bronze

Post by lawapps0502 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:38 pm

has anyone received acceptances that went complete in mid-december or is it still too early?

fidesverita

Bronze

Post by fidesverita » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:31 pm

Can I assume that if I don't hear back by Feb, I also don't have a chance at the scholarships if I get in?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

priychdh

New

Post by priychdh » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:28 pm

I'm in! I tried logging into the Admitted Students' website last night around 10 and almost had a heart attack when it took me to the create a new password page. I just sat there on my bed for a few seconds and then realized that I couldn't remember if anyone in my family had checked the mail so I ran out of my room to ask my parents who said no. I sprinted out to the mailbox and found a big purple envelope waiting for me. My dad is usually obsessive about checking the mail and sorting it a particular way. Of all days to forget to check it...

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:54 pm

lawapps0502 wrote:has anyone received acceptances that went complete in mid-december or is it still too early?
Someone claims to have gotten in the Post-Dec LSAT Applicants Thread.

portena

Bronze

Post by portena » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:28 pm

boilercat wrote:
lawapps0502 wrote:has anyone received acceptances that went complete in mid-december or is it still too early?
I went complete around January 12 or so, and I can log into the admitted students website, so I assume I'm in. Acceptance packet hasn't made it here yet, though.

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:44 pm

portena wrote:
boilercat wrote:
I went complete around January 12 or so, and I can log into the admitted students website, so I assume I'm in. Acceptance packet hasn't made it here yet, though.
Yes; some 12 Jan completions have been admitted; no 20 Jan completions have been admitted yet. It strikes me that there should be no 12 Jan completions from the post-December LSAT crowd (barring those who submitted before the test but had their applications held for the score), but maybe some people who submitted on 28 Dec went complete that fast. All of us who have reported here went complete on 20 Jan. (There is one supposed submitted 28 Dec/complete 12 Jan on LSN, but that person also reports NYU receiving the application on 12 Jan, which makes me doubt that they actually went complete the same day.)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Huluba23

Bronze

Post by Huluba23 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:29 pm

I was told they received my app on the 12th but no complete yet should I contact them?

scribelaw

Silver

Post by scribelaw » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:31 pm

BenJ wrote:
portena wrote:
boilercat wrote:
Yes; some 12 Jan completions have been admitted; no 20 Jan completions have been admitted yet. It strikes me that there should be no 12 Jan completions from the post-December LSAT crowd (barring those who submitted before the test but had their applications held for the score), but maybe some people who submitted on 28 Dec went complete that fast. All of us who have reported here went complete on 20 Jan. (There is one supposed submitted 28 Dec/complete 12 Jan on LSN, but that person also reports NYU receiving the application on 12 Jan, which makes me doubt that they actually went complete the same day.)
Any guesses on when the Jan. 20 complete crew starts hearing something?

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:29 pm

Huluba23 wrote:I was told they received my app on the 12th but no complete yet should I contact them?
I was in the same situation; they got back to me on Friday saying that my app was complete and under review after I sent them an e-mail on Thursday asking about it. It seems like they miss sending out complete emails to a lot of people. Checking in with them can't hurt, but you're almost certainly actually complete and fine.

Going by LSN last year, the first acceptances for the 20 Jan batch will arrive in early February, with another wave in late February and more in March. NYU actually works quickly, despite their reputation for being slow. They just don't inform people very often. Generally, it seems like the turnaround for mailing the first batch of acceptances from a group of completes is just a week once January starts, although later batches of acceptances for less definite candidates can take a long time.

20 Jan completions: start trying to log into the admitted students website on Wednesday next week, then proceed to attempt to do so every five minutes until April :lol:

Kim617

Silver

Post by Kim617 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:39 pm

I went complete on Jan 12th and haven't heard anything. Should I give up and throw myself through a plate glass window yet?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”