Columbia 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gahthelaw

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby gahthelaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:42 am

utcris410 wrote:vanessa is neither. she's played by Jessica Szohr.

yes! i remember lm on house. she played that role WELL!

and just FYI she's dating chuck in real life

irie

Postby irie » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:45 am

roxj wrote:I know this has already been answered, but I really don't want to dig through thirty pages of posts...When did the first wave of RD acceptances come out last year? Thanks

I'm pretty sure it is toward the end of the third week of January

superserial

Postby superserial » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:46 am

irie wrote:
roxj wrote:I know this has already been answered, but I really don't want to dig through thirty pages of posts...When did the first wave of RD acceptances come out last year? Thanks

I'm pretty sure it is toward the end of the third week of January

yeah... January 22nd-ish last year.

ClemCarter

Postby ClemCarter » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:47 am

gahthelaw wrote:

And, also, FYI, she is the least likeable character on the show. She needs to shut up and cut her lady dreads.

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:48 am

ClemCarter wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:

And, also, FYI, she is the least likeable character on the show. She needs to shut up and cut her lady dreads.

i feel like least likeable HAS to go to jenny. like, shut uuuup. you're queen, you won, you get to live in serena's amazingly decorated old room. stuff is good for you. stop wearing angsty makeup already. and eat a sandwich.

ClemCarter

Postby ClemCarter » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:51 am

gahthelaw wrote:i feel like least likeable HAS to go to jenny. like, shut uuuup. you're queen, you won, you get to live in serena's amazingly decorated old room. stuff is good for you. stop wearing angsty makeup already. and eat a sandwich.

Jenny is pretty one-dimensional, but at least she's fun and evil. Vanessa is just so self-righteous and shorthand hipster. Ick.

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:53 am

ClemCarter wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:i feel like least likeable HAS to go to jenny. like, shut uuuup. you're queen, you won, you get to live in serena's amazingly decorated old room. stuff is good for you. stop wearing angsty makeup already. and eat a sandwich.

Jenny is pretty one-dimensional, but at least she's fun and evil. Vanessa is just so self-righteous and shorthand hipster. Ick.

but she's apparently only 5% as self-righteous as her awful mom, so at least there's that. plus i've always kind of loved that scrubby brooklyn hipster thing from afar. (afar being far enough that no one smells)

iminlstrick

Postby iminlstrick » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:55 am

May I just interject here and suggest that Dan Humphrey is quite possibly the least likable person ever on the show; that he gets much more play from semi-attractive on it than any real-life equivalent ever would? Yes, yes I think I will suggest this.

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:56 am

iminlstrick wrote:May I just interject here and suggest that Dan Humphrey is quite possibly the least likable person ever on the show; that he gets much more play from semi-attractive on it than any real-life equivalent ever would? Yes, yes I think I will suggest this.

he is most definitely totally annoying and doesn't really do it for me. but his real personality must be somewhat better because he's dating serena in real life

ClemCarter

Postby ClemCarter » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:59 am

iminlstrick wrote:May I just interject here and suggest that Dan Humphrey is quite possibly the least likable person ever on the show; that he gets much more play from semi-attractive on it than any real-life equivalent ever would? Yes, yes I think I will suggest this.

A valid point. He is bow-legged and self-righteous. His jokes are forced and his whole class-warrior thing got old (good thing they wrote it out).

NB: Glad you could join us, iminlstrick!

ClemCarter

Postby ClemCarter » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:01 am

gahthelaw wrote:

he is most definitely totally annoying and doesn't really do it for me. but his real personality must be somewhat better because he's dating serena in real life

Have we established that Blake is cool? I have a hard time separating her from her disease-ridden character. She's hosting SNL this week.

Meester is probably the coolest in life. According to wikipedia, she was born inside a federal prison.

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:04 am

ClemCarter wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:

Have we established that Blake is cool? I have a hard time separating her from her disease-ridden character. She's hosting SNL this week.

Meester is probably the coolest in life. According to wikipedia, she was born inside a federal prison.

bc her mom was a drug trafficker!!!!

ClemCarter

Postby ClemCarter » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:07 am

gahthelaw wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:Meester is probably the coolest in life. According to wikipedia, she was born inside a federal prison.

bc her mom was a drug trafficker!!!!

In Texas! :shock:

I have definitely been involved in the law school admissions process too long, because I can't help marvelling at how good Leighton Meester's DS would be.

georgina

Postby georgina » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:09 am

ClemCarter wrote:

so i had avoided joining the GG threads because i haven't had time to watch the last few episodes and didn't want it spoiled... but too late now i guess. serena and tripp?! i did name myself after gg's georgina, but don't worry, i do believe she's psycho.

i hope you guys did not establish blake is cool. i think in real life she's not far from serena. the role just seems too easy for her, and early on in the show, she whined that all the cool things got to happen to blair and not serena and threw a fit on set.

i agree that leighton/blair is the coolest! and prettier than blake, i think!

beckstar

Postby beckstar » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:44 am

have you seen the snl preview? she looked way spaced out, or maybe that's good acting. i'd like to think she's just as delusional and narcissistic in real life, that would make the penn/blake couple the best and most vapid couple ever.

utcris410

Postby utcris410 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:04 pm

oooo gg! the serena/penn real-life relationship is a little strange to me. but the whole thing just seems incestuous.

blair + nate
nate + serena
serena + dan
dan + hilary duff + vanessa
=dan + vanessa
jenny + nate

but in real-life
vanessa + chuck
serena + dan

...too creepy for me

ClemCarter

Postby ClemCarter » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:42 pm

utcris410 wrote:oooo gg! the serena/penn real-life relationship is a little strange to me. but the whole thing just seems incestuous.

blair + nate
nate + serena
serena + dan
dan + hilary duff + vanessa
=dan + vanessa
jenny + nate

but in real-life
vanessa + chuck
serena + dan

...too creepy for me

don't forget blair+carter irl

APimpNamedSlickback

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:47 pm

so we've established that them asking for stuff is a good thing, right?!?!?!

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:48 pm

talibkweli wrote:so we've established that them asking for stuff is a good thing, right?!?!?!

I think we've established that it's better than a deferral but worse than an acceptance.

PapantlaFlyer

Postby PapantlaFlyer » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:49 pm

Stop everything! the draw starts in ten minutes

oneforship

Postby oneforship » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:49 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
talibkweli wrote:so we've established that them asking for stuff is a good thing, right?!?!?!

I think we've established that it's better than a deferral but worse than an acceptance.

Personally, I'd rephrase to better than a deferral but not as good as an acceptance.

But yeah, same thing.

GlobeTrotter

Postby GlobeTrotter » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:51 pm

Well, M51 said that he/she knows admitted students at CLS who were asked for additional things, but that doesn't say anything about all of the people who were not admitted after being asked; they aren't at CLS to give M51 their stories.

Do we think anyone will hear today? Historically it has been a big day, but I don't know what to think after yesterday's acceptances.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:53 pm

GlobeTrotter wrote:Well, M51 said that he/she knows admitted students at CLS who were asked for additional things, but that doesn't say anything about all of the people who were not admitted after being asked; they aren't at CLS to give M51 their stories.

Do we think anyone will hear today? Historically it has been a big day, but I don't know what to think after yesterday's acceptances.

Given the sheer number of acceptances so far, they might have finished up all their easy decisions and will move to the penumbra people next week. I wouldn't be surprised if there are no acceptances, but at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few more trickle in.

swc65

Postby swc65 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:54 pm

oneforship wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:

Personally, I'd rephrase to better than a deferral but not as good as an acceptance.

But yeah, same thing.

I just like to take comfort in the thought that if they were not seriously considering me then they would probably not ask for more information. Still, not as good as an acceptance though.

swc65

Postby swc65 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:05 pm

Is the world ending? Over an hour and no activity on this thread? Maybe you all passed out from stress!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”