Columbia 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Unitas

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Unitas » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:30 pm

talibkweli wrote:if i get in ED before i get my score back, i'll be bound to attend columbia. if i end up nailing my retake like i just did a preptest, i'll have an awesome score but no way to get some extra scholarship money with it. at best, the admissions office will send me a holiday card for unnecessarily helping their lsat median.

no, i'll actually be going to another location.

I see what you mean now with the ED. I missed it before, cursory readings and all.

Yea I bet you will do a lot better though. The nerves should be a lot better. Why not the same place though?

violaboy

Postby violaboy » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:32 pm

BaiAilian2013 wrote:
violaboy wrote:He just told me that his status checker went from "Complete" to "Decision Mailed" or something like that, so he just figured that it was an acceptance.

And he was definitely RD? Ack!!

He's definitely RD. And no, I'm not lying, even in he is, and I don't think that he is. He's also an international student, if that makes any difference.

APimpNamedSlickback

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:38 pm

violaboy wrote:
BaiAilian2013 wrote:
violaboy wrote:He just told me that his status checker went from "Complete" to "Decision Mailed" or something like that, so he just figured that it was an acceptance.

He's definitely RD. And no, I'm not lying, even in he is, and I don't think that he is. He's also an international student, if that makes any difference.

it is well-established that the status checker never changes after "complete."

Postby 02082010 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:44 pm

talibkweli wrote:
violaboy wrote:
BaiAilian2013 wrote:

The Friday three weeks after the LSAT is Xmas. I don't feel like finding the Dec LSAT thread, but are you guys expecting scores to come out the day before Xmas Eve then? LSAC website has posted that they will be close from 12/24 through 1/1. When does CLS have to notify you by? Any chance they have already requested all pending LSAT scores for applicants and will wait dangerously close to the end of the year to see if they show up and THEN decide?

BaiAilian2013

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:48 pm

violaboy wrote:
BaiAilian2013 wrote:

Gahhhhh

International student, eh? Are you sure he's not applying to Colombia Law School?

hopefullaw27

Postby hopefullaw27 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:50 pm

for ED why don't schools just send out a mass email one day? i don't understand why they string the process along. makes for undue hardship for applicants...i guess they like to see us squirm on TLS...

APimpNamedSlickback

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:53 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
The Friday three weeks after the LSAT is Xmas. I don't feel like finding the Dec LSAT thread, but are you guys expecting scores to come out the day before Xmas Eve then? LSAC website has posted that they will be close from 12/24 through 1/1. When does CLS have to notify you by? Any chance they have already requested all pending LSAT scores for applicants and will wait dangerously close to the end of the year to see if they show up and THEN decide?

i've got no clue how they'd typically handle this situation. however, if they decide that i'm on the margins and they want to see a new score, i feel like they should at let me out of the contract.

utcris410

Postby utcris410 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:05 pm

BaiAilian2013 wrote:
violaboy wrote:
BaiAilian2013 wrote:

Gahhhhh

International student, eh? Are you sure he's not applying to Colombia Law School?

Yeaaaa maybe y'alls signals got crossed? Talking about different schools??

ankit

Postby ankit » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:06 pm

talibkweli wrote:
violaboy wrote:
BaiAilian2013 wrote:

This sucks! I'd given up checking the Columbia status checker after hearing about its non-movement after complete. Now it gets added to the list of websites that I expect to check obsessively! :)

Add to that the fact that I'm an international applicant as well, and my neurosis knows no bounds at this point in time!

Do we know this fella's stats?

dms87

Postby dms87 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:10 pm

LieutKaffee wrote:
dms87 wrote:SPOILERS!!!!

Not everyone has been able to keep up with every episode; my fiancee and I are about 5 behind, and I didn't know about this stuff, yet! I just saw the one with the African tyrant.....pooooop.

P.S. We are watching Gossip Girl on TiVo at the moment. Yes, I admitted it (for the 2nd time). I'm a guy and I watch it. Cotillion is funny.

Pay close attention; that's a landmark episode.

For the record, I did type "SPOILERS" on the first post I made regarding House. My apologies for slacking in that regard.

No worries. The plot in House is much less interesting than how they get there, anyway.

Interesting episode of GG, and it was nice of the producers to throw in a little something for the guys at the end ;) I think Vanessa might be the best-looking girl on the show, actually.

irie

Postby irie » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:12 pm

BaiAilian2013 wrote:
violaboy wrote:
BaiAilian2013 wrote:

Gahhhhh

everyone just relax, clearly he's applying to University of Missouri, Columbia School of Law.

Postby 02082010 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:15 pm

talibkweli wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:

i've got no clue how they'd typically handle this situation. however, if they decide that i'm on the margins and they want to see a new score, i feel like they should at let me out of the contract.

Yeah, my scenario is a bit convoluted. Especially since I'm not a conspiracy theorist at all. Anyway, good luck. I hope you get in ED. If anything, at least there would be one less 170+ splitter URM HLS has to evaluate.

MeTalkPrettyOneDay

Postby MeTalkPrettyOneDay » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:19 pm

talibkweli wrote:it is well-established that the status checker never changes after "complete."
Correct.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:19 pm

talibkweli wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:

I don't remember ever seeing them defer an ED app to wait for a new LSAT, and I think they're pretty clear on their website about not considering the December LSAT under the ED program. I would be very, very surprised if they pushed you back to early January to see what you get on the LSAT. I'm guessing they'll either accept you with your old LSAT if they think it qualifies you or set you aside to the RD pool if they don't.

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:26 pm

Kakarot wrote:
irie wrote:when i refreshed this thread and saw 7 new pages since this morning, i assumed it was because a ton of people got accepted and everyone was excited exchanging congrats.

but this is even better :lol:

I have learned more about what schools I want to attend off of the discussions in the threads then anything else. Like Columbia seems great now and Cornell seems like crap.

Today, TLS has taught me that Columbia is awesome and Penn kinda sucks.

irie

Postby irie » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:30 pm

puppins wrote:
Kakarot wrote:
irie wrote:when i refreshed this thread and saw 7 new pages since this morning, i assumed it was because a ton of people got accepted and everyone was excited exchanging congrats.

I have learned more about what schools I want to attend off of the discussions in the threads then anything else. Like Columbia seems great now and Cornell seems like crap.

haha seriously! really hope everyone in this thread ends up at CLS next year

APimpNamedSlickback

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:34 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
talibkweli wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:

Yeah, my scenario is a bit convoluted. Especially since I'm not a conspiracy theorist at all. Anyway, good luck. I hope you get in ED. If anything, at least there would be one less 170+ splitter URM HLS has to evaluate.

Always happy to help man!!!

seriously though, i love the city and columbia is pretty awesome. should i be so lucky as to get into both, i'd probably take it over hls. i think.

Postby 02082010 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:37 pm

Seeing as I didn't even apply to CLS, I'll promptly leave the thread and stop cluttering it with things that can be discussed via PM.

Good luck all!

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:38 pm

puppins wrote:
Kakarot wrote:

Why Penn suck?

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:43 pm

Kakarot wrote:Why Penn suck?

I'm mostly joking, I really like Penn as a school. but the people applying do not appear to be very much fun at all, unlike CLS people.

Lieut Kaffee

Postby Lieut Kaffee » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:42 pm

dms87 wrote:
LieutKaffee wrote:
dms87 wrote:SPOILERS!!!!

Not everyone has been able to keep up with every episode; my fiancee and I are about 5 behind, and I didn't know about this stuff, yet! I just saw the one with the African tyrant.....pooooop.

P.S. We are watching Gossip Girl on TiVo at the moment. Yes, I admitted it (for the 2nd time). I'm a guy and I watch it. Cotillion is funny.

Pay close attention; that's a landmark episode.

For the record, I did type "SPOILERS" on the first post I made regarding House. My apologies for slacking in that regard.

No worries. The plot in House is much less interesting than how they get there, anyway.

Interesting episode of GG, and it was nice of the producers to throw in a little something for the guys at the end ;) I think Vanessa might be the best-looking girl on the show, actually.

Is Vanessa played by Blake Lively or Leighton Meester? The only thing I know about the show is their real names. Hey, remember when Meester had like four episodes on House as an obsessive teenage stalker? That was GREAT.

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:43 pm

puppins wrote:
Kakarot wrote:Why Penn suck?

I'm mostly joking, I really like Penn as a school. but the people applying do not appear to be very much fun at all, unlike CLS people.

Oh I was wondering cause I applied to them early compared to everyone else and have been under review for over a month. Fun stuff, didn't know if they had any action lately.

I watched Bones just now. Good stuff

utcris410

Postby utcris410 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:44 pm

vanessa is neither. she's played by Jessica Szohr.

yes! i remember lm on house. she played that role WELL!

Lieut Kaffee

Postby Lieut Kaffee » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:45 pm

utcris410 wrote:vanessa is neither. she's played by Jessica Szohr.

yes! i remember lm on house. she played that role WELL!

Yes, very enticing.

roxj

Postby roxj » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:56 pm

I know this has already been answered, but I really don't want to dig through thirty pages of posts...When did the first wave of RD acceptances come out last year? Thanks

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”