Columbia 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
creatinganalt
Posts: 272
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby creatinganalt » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:45 pm

just withdrew

(am a URM so may need a replacement)

Good luck!

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby SanBun » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:22 pm

So after writing Columbia Law , requesting that my decision be sent via PDF as I am abroad for the next 3 months,
they didn't respond for about 2 weeks.

then i called. They asked me for my name. Put me on hold to look up my file. Told me that sending out my decision via PDF was not a priority so I should just wait for e-mail. snail mail decision has been sent out over two weeks ago.

So they basically just told me that i was not important enough/ have not been accepted. it's ok, didn't expect any other outcome but man... "not a priority"? kinda hurts to hear that

Anyway, good luck to those still waiting!

ps. I was Ed, have been waiting since October. i know most ed ppl already heard back... I wish i could just tear open that letter...

User avatar
$1.99
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby $1.99 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:29 pm

yeah columbia is a douche bag from what i gather this cycle

lunu
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:50 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby lunu » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:57 pm

I've been completed since March 9th and have heard nothing.

I've been fairly content with waiting since I'm such a long shot but is there anyone else out there still waiting? From March 9th? URMs?

I sent them an email asking for an update while also asking for them to continue and hold my app until I get my final grades in.

My plan is to pressure them into wait listing me. Flawless - I know.

User avatar
Rand M.
Posts: 1033
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:24 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Rand M. » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:04 pm

lunu wrote:I've been completed since March 9th and have heard nothing.

I've been fairly content with waiting since I'm such a long shot but is there anyone else out there still waiting? From March 9th? URMs?

I sent them an email asking for an update while also asking for them to continue and hold my app until I get my final grades in.

My plan is to pressure them into wait listing me. Flawless - I know.


Haha, March 9th? I have been complete since October. I just got the 'Reserve" letter today. Could care less as I was already deposited at Chicago, but it is nice for the whole thing to be over.
$1.99 wrote:yeah columbia is a douche bag from what i gather this cycle

bicoastal
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:46 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby bicoastal » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:43 pm

lunu wrote:I've been completed since March 9th and have heard nothing.

I've been fairly content with waiting since I'm such a long shot but is there anyone else out there still waiting? From March 9th? URMs?

I sent them an email asking for an update while also asking for them to continue and hold my app until I get my final grades in.

My plan is to pressure them into wait listing me. Flawless - I know.


I'm not an URM, but have also been complete since the Feb LSAT score came in 3/9. I haven't heard anything at all. You are not alone. I just hope they don't Reserve everyone, like it seems from TLS. If the list is as big as it seems, getting off would be impossible.

User avatar
fidesverita
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby fidesverita » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:42 am

Anyone know how many people they have taken off the reserve/WL group last year? Just curious if there's even hope to get off the list. Or if I should just give up and reapply.

100Kworthit?
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:40 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby 100Kworthit? » Sat May 01, 2010 7:48 pm

yea i was complete in dec having submitted late november, but was STILL under review as of april 29th, ... and still haven't received a letter, so ive been restraining myself from calling again but its a bit ridiculous...

User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Core » Sat May 01, 2010 9:57 pm

If anyone would not mind critiquing my final LOCI, please PM me. Thanks!

leospaceman
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:18 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby leospaceman » Tue May 04, 2010 8:00 am

I'm trying to remember what the 4/21 reserve letter said...did they ask us to contact the admissions office and let them know if we'd like to stay on the reserve list or do they automatically throw us on there? Thanks.

User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Core » Tue May 04, 2010 8:45 am

leospaceman wrote:I'm trying to remember what the 4/21 reserve letter said...did they ask us to contact the admissions office and let them know if we'd like to stay on the reserve list or do they automatically throw us on there? Thanks.

You had to log onto that reserve web site and click the "I wish to remain on your wait list" option.

User avatar
haroldfordIII
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:56 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby haroldfordIII » Fri May 07, 2010 2:55 pm

calyx_of_isis wrote:Hey - I have been lurking this thread for awhile. Thanks for all of the quality information.

I was part of the 4/23 hold group and today received my Reserve letter. It was hand-signed by Dean Iwerebon and included a short handwritten note at the bottom to asking me to "please keep us informed about your status over the next few months." Is this special treatment, or did everyone get this? Is this a sign that I'm a strong candidate for getting pulled from the Reserve list later?


Has this happened to anyone else? Is this prevalent/what does it mean?

emanon27
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby emanon27 » Fri May 07, 2010 3:27 pm

Isis et al,

Hey, I have no idea what the handwritten note means. But I was also wait listed in late April and had the same hand written note from the dean.

I'm not a URM and can't think of any reason why it'd be on there for me.

100Kworthit?
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:40 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby 100Kworthit? » Fri May 07, 2010 6:10 pm

was put on reserve on april 30th, but no handwritten note.... but im also a long shot candidate so maybe its good news for u!

User avatar
fidesverita
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby fidesverita » Wed May 12, 2010 2:08 pm

Is it too early to see movement on the WL? I'm getting impatient!

dreaming
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby dreaming » Wed May 12, 2010 2:14 pm

fidesverita wrote:Is it too early to see movement on the WL? I'm getting impatient!


According to last year's thread, I don't think they'll be any movement until the first week of June... :oops:

lawyering
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:27 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby lawyering » Thu May 13, 2010 10:05 am

If anyone on this thread would like the Columbia admit materials (mailed to me after I was accepted) for free and lives in the Boston/Cambridge area, please send me a PM. Columbia had the best materials of any school I got into, but I won't be attending and would like them to go to a good home.

User avatar
haroldfordIII
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:56 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby haroldfordIII » Thu May 13, 2010 10:30 am

I was looking at past waitlist threads for Columbia. It doesn't seem like they take a lot of people from the Reserve list. Does anyone else have this impression?

User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Core » Thu May 13, 2010 12:00 pm

haroldfordIII wrote:I was looking at past waitlist threads for Columbia. It doesn't seem like they take a lot of people from the Reserve list. Does anyone else have this impression?

Same here. I read in another thread that it's common for CLS to not take anybody off their WL. Are you planning on attending NYU?

User avatar
haroldfordIII
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:56 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby haroldfordIII » Thu May 13, 2010 10:07 pm

Core wrote:
haroldfordIII wrote:I was looking at past waitlist threads for Columbia. It doesn't seem like they take a lot of people from the Reserve list. Does anyone else have this impression?

Same here. I read in another thread that it's common for CLS to not take anybody off their WL. Are you planning on attending NYU?


Yup. I am deposited there. What about you?

User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Core » Fri May 14, 2010 7:37 pm

haroldfordIII wrote:
Core wrote:
haroldfordIII wrote:I was looking at past waitlist threads for Columbia. It doesn't seem like they take a lot of people from the Reserve list. Does anyone else have this impression?

Same here. I read in another thread that it's common for CLS to not take anybody off their WL. Are you planning on attending NYU?


Yup. I am deposited there. What about you?

Penn, but still holding out some hope for these WLs.

User avatar
fidesverita
Posts: 274
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby fidesverita » Sat May 15, 2010 12:26 pm

Core wrote:
haroldfordIII wrote:
Core wrote:
haroldfordIII wrote:I was looking at past waitlist threads for Columbia. It doesn't seem like they take a lot of people from the Reserve list. Does anyone else have this impression?

Same here. I read in another thread that it's common for CLS to not take anybody off their WL. Are you planning on attending NYU?


Yup. I am deposited there. What about you?

Penn, but still holding out some hope for these WLs.


Does Penn allow you to stay on WLs? Boalt doesn't... which makes this a huge problem since Boalt's deadline is in two weeks!

User avatar
Genki
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:04 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Genki » Sat May 15, 2010 11:51 pm

Core wrote:
leospaceman wrote:I'm trying to remember what the 4/21 reserve letter said...did they ask us to contact the admissions office and let them know if we'd like to stay on the reserve list or do they automatically throw us on there? Thanks.

You had to log onto that reserve web site and click the "I wish to remain on your wait list" option.


Has the deadline for this already past? could somebody post the URL. I was out of town when the letter came. I asked my brother to open it and he told me I was waitlisted. Since I didn't read the letter myself, I didn't realize that there was action needed to stay on the waitlist. Hope its not too late.

User avatar
odiero
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:49 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby odiero » Mon May 17, 2010 11:59 am

Genki wrote:
Core wrote:
leospaceman wrote:I'm trying to remember what the 4/21 reserve letter said...did they ask us to contact the admissions office and let them know if we'd like to stay on the reserve list or do they automatically throw us on there? Thanks.

You had to log onto that reserve web site and click the "I wish to remain on your wait list" option.


Has the deadline for this already past? could somebody post the URL. I was out of town when the letter came. I asked my brother to open it and he told me I was waitlisted. Since I didn't read the letter myself, I didn't realize that there was action needed to stay on the waitlist. Hope its not too late.


Damn. That sucks.

It's probably too late to submit the online form.

I would call the admissions office and explain your situation.

justbluemyself
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:23 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby justbluemyself » Mon May 24, 2010 12:11 am

I just withdrew; hope it helps someone here!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”