Columbia 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kingsmill
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:49 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby kingsmill » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:44 pm

emanon27 wrote:Bump...seems to be a bit of silence here.

I was a "you'll hear by April 27th" hold and haven't heard anything. Anyone hear today? Are there a lot of other holds still waiting on a reply?



+1, also waiting, heard nothing since Apr 1.

multi720
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:20 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby multi720 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:29 am

bicoastal wrote:I'm still waiting to hear from them...something...anything. I feel bad for all of you on the hold/reserve list, but I would love to hear a reject/hold/admit or some information please! It is such a tease. My LSAT is low for CLS, but the wait makes me want to be optimistic? Maybe they really read every word of the application? I did not go complete until February, so I guess this wait is ultimately my fault. Anyone out there still waiting for a letter of some kind? Should I be hopeful? When is the deposit due for those of you who are admitted?




Just called the office. They are "making every effort" to get back to you by the "end of the month," which I guess is this Friday, Apr. 30. Three days left. You can request them to send you a decision by email.

I'm assuming getting back to hold/waitlist etc. applications have been a priority for them in April...and that they reserved the last week for reviewing late applications (last minute review?)...I hope they don't hurry through those late applications though..
Silly thoughts

hshee2010
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:57 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby hshee2010 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:18 am

Does anyone know what the "reserve" means and how many people they've taken from the reserve group? Thanks! :)

Corinne
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:07 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Corinne » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:53 pm

I just got my letter today, it was dated April 23. Reserve list for me.

User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby clintonius » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:34 pm

Corinne wrote:I just got my letter today, it was dated April 23. Reserve list for me.

Same here. Already withdrew. One step closer to NYU...

Best of luck to everybody still waiting!

User avatar
nattybro
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby nattybro » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:42 am

Just withdrew. Good luck everyone.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby r6_philly » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:43 pm

Reserve today. Withdrawing, I will reapply.

calyx_of_isis
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:57 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby calyx_of_isis » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:00 pm

Hey - I have been lurking this thread for awhile. Thanks for all of the quality information.

I was part of the 4/23 hold group and today received my Reserve letter. It was hand-signed by Dean Iwerebon and included a short handwritten note at the bottom to asking me to "please keep us informed about your status over the next few months." Is this special treatment, or did everyone get this? Is this a sign that I'm a strong candidate for getting pulled from the Reserve list later?

User avatar
Sakura3210
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:29 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Sakura3210 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:24 pm

calyx_of_isis wrote:Hey - I have been lurking this thread for awhile. Thanks for all of the quality information.

I was part of the 4/23 hold group and today received my Reserve letter. It was hand-signed by Dean Iwerebon and included a short handwritten note at the bottom to asking me to "please keep us informed about your status over the next few months." Is this special treatment, or did everyone get this? Is this a sign that I'm a strong candidate for getting pulled from the Reserve list later?


Troll, go back to your bridge. :evil:

User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby clintonius » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:31 pm

Yeah, that one's been done. In this thread, even. It almost worked last time.

calyx_of_isis
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:57 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby calyx_of_isis » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:40 pm

Not trolling, it's for real. In Columbia-blue ink. I can scan it and send in a PM if you like...

User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby clintonius » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:42 pm

That would go a ways toward reducing my skepticism.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby r6_philly » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:46 pm

calyx_of_isis wrote:Not trolling, it's for real. In Columbia-blue ink. I can scan it and send in a PM if you like...


Take a picture with your phone and post the pic. Don't scan.

User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby clintonius » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:00 pm

The poster sent me a pic, and it looks pretty legit to me. I won't put it here without the poster's permission. It's backwards and I'm not sure I understand why, and I'm still skeptical, but I do have to admit it looks real.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby r6_philly » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:38 pm

clintonius wrote:The poster sent me a pic, and it looks pretty legit to me. I won't put it here without the poster's permission. It's backwards and I'm not sure I understand why, and I'm still skeptical, but I do have to admit it looks real.


Compare the signature with the digital one in your letter ;) I think the assistant signed that one (of course I could be wrong but judge for yourself)

CCN
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby CCN » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:42 pm

calyx_of_isis wrote:Not trolling, it's for real. In Columbia-blue ink. I can scan it and send in a PM if you like...



are you URM?

User avatar
clintonius
Posts: 1239
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:50 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby clintonius » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:51 pm

r6_philly wrote:
clintonius wrote:The poster sent me a pic, and it looks pretty legit to me. I won't put it here without the poster's permission. It's backwards and I'm not sure I understand why, and I'm still skeptical, but I do have to admit it looks real.


Compare the signature with the digital one in your letter ;) I think the assistant signed that one (of course I could be wrong but judge for yourself)

I'm bad with signature comparisons, but looking closely at mine I can tell that it's a print, not hand-signed. Some variation from signature to signature is to be expected. I have no vested interest in the topic because I have already withdrawn. Just want to keep people honest (apologies, calyx, if that sounds insulting. I don't mean it as such).

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby r6_philly » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:16 am

clintonius wrote:I'm bad with signature comparisons, but looking closely at mine I can tell that it's a print, not hand-signed. Some variation from signature to signature is to be expected. I have no vested interest in the topic because I have already withdrawn. Just want to keep people honest (apologies, calyx, if that sounds insulting. I don't mean it as such).


I have withdrawn as well, I was just curious. The print digi sig is a scan of the real sig. I have it on multiple letters. The handsigned one is different proportionally, routed differently, and N is spelled differently. I doubt it is routine variations.

I wouldn't read too much into the notes, it's probably just one that didn't print with the batch because they missed him/her or something. There is no reason to write "through the summer" if you are supposed to hear back on May 14.

Anyway, hopefully I am wrong, and calyx gets in! Good luck! Good luck to everyone else!

anandamide
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby anandamide » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:33 am

i finally broke down and emailed admissions after not hearing anything since january. this is the reply i got:

A letter was sent on your behalf as of April 28, 2010. You should be receiving it in the mail shortly.

hmmm. i smell rejection. oh well. :|

User avatar
BaiAilian2013
Posts: 921
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:43 am

anandamide wrote:i finally broke down and emailed admissions after not hearing anything since january. this is the reply i got:

A letter was sent on your behalf as of April 28, 2010. You should be receiving it in the mail shortly.

hmmm. i smell rejection. oh well. :|
Do they mean a letter was sent to you on April 28th? Wow, Columbia, two amateurish diction errors in a 21-word e-mail. That really is unusual.

anandamide
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby anandamide » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:56 am

BaiAilian2013 wrote:
anandamide wrote:i finally broke down and emailed admissions after not hearing anything since january. this is the reply i got:

A letter was sent on your behalf as of April 28, 2010. You should be receiving it in the mail shortly.

hmmm. i smell rejection. oh well. :|
Do they mean a letter was sent to you on April 28th? Wow, Columbia, two amateurish diction errors in a 21-word e-mail. That really is unusual.


Can I tell you what else is unusual? They lost my paperwork at least 4 times. They lost my PS. They lost a letter from the dean of my UG. They lost various random tidbits they kept asking for that seemed ridiculous to get in the first place. "Can you get us a letter from a professor from 2002?" and I got it, and they LOST it. For a while I was thinking they were doing it to me on purpose. OH WELL. :x

pollaclc
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:12 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby pollaclc » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:07 pm

so maybe someone can help me with this cuz i can't really make calls at work... my mom texted me "recibiste una carta de colombia te pucieron en espera," or "you received a letter from columbia, they put you on wait" --- is there a hold/ reserve option? i just want to know if i'm waitlisted or if it's something else since she isn't answering my texts now! thanks very much :)

dreaming
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby dreaming » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:10 pm

pollaclc wrote:so maybe someone can help me with this cuz i can't really make calls at work... my mom texted me "recibiste una carta de colombia te pucieron en espera," or "you received a letter from columbia, they put you on wait" --- is there a hold/ reserve option? i just want to know if i'm waitlisted or if it's something else since she isn't answering my texts now! thanks very much :)


You're on reserve (their version of a waitlist) :wink: Come join the reserve thread!

pollaclc
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:12 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby pollaclc » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:12 pm

dreaming wrote:
pollaclc wrote:so maybe someone can help me with this cuz i can't really make calls at work... my mom texted me "recibiste una carta de colombia te pucieron en espera," or "you received a letter from columbia, they put you on wait" --- is there a hold/ reserve option? i just want to know if i'm waitlisted or if it's something else since she isn't answering my texts now! thanks very much :)


You're on reserve (their version of a waitlist) :wink: Come join the reserve thread!

Thanks!! i will

User avatar
rhapsodyinazul
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:16 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby rhapsodyinazul » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:42 pm

Reserve today. Part of the 4/27 hold group. Blah.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”