Columbia 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
$1.99
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby $1.99 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:31 pm

lol i considered that possibility but it wouldnt make sense from columbia's point of view to not send an email beforehand like they have been doing for the past couple of cycles, the point of the email is to let the applicant know asap before the deposit deadline for most schools, having them receive the email and letter on the same day doesnt make sense

Z3RO
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:57 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Z3RO » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:34 pm

Deferring ED candidates until now only to wait list them doesn't make sense either (clinging to anything resembling a shadow of hope).

User avatar
Joan Hollaway
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Joan Hollaway » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:38 pm

$1.99 wrote:lol i considered that possibility but it wouldnt make sense from columbia's point of view to not send an email beforehand like they have been doing for the past couple of cycles, the point of the email is to let the applicant know asap before the deposit deadline for most schools, having them receive the email and letter on the same day doesnt make sense

in the loci request email they said they would try to send out the decisions by tomorrow so we have no reason to believe that they wont be emailing people tomorrow and snail mailing decisions tomorrow. Im too scared to email and ask if a decision has been maybe on mine yet but i live a mailing day away so ill pretty much know for sure thursday either way

starsong
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby starsong » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:39 pm

$1.99 wrote:lol i considered that possibility but it wouldnt make sense from columbia's point of view to not send an email beforehand like they have been doing for the past couple of cycles, the point of the email is to let the applicant know asap before the deposit deadline for most schools, having them receive the email and letter on the same day doesnt make sense

You're right, it seems counter-intuitive, but so does waiting until one moment to notify all admits via e-mail. Why not notify as soon as the adcomm decides? There seems to be an method to this madness, probably from an administrative perspective. Everything is done in batches, it appears that the regular hold admit e-mail batch has yet to go out.

User avatar
$1.99
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby $1.99 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:44 pm

i hope you are right starsong, if cls waitlists me i will probably take the TLS award for most waitlists awarded this cycle

User avatar
BaiAilian2013
Posts: 919
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:11 pm

Joan Hollaway wrote:another day, another empty mailbox in bklyn :(

+1 RD hold, nothing today in Manhattan. :(

I guess this means our e-mail acceptances are coming tomorrow, though, which is good news! I'm sick of waiting for that thing.

User avatar
violinst
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:23 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby violinst » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:14 pm

Sorry, I was at the Avoid UMich thing.

What happened?

Right, I forgot I am still on hold.

User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Core » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:20 am

Lol I am obviously in disbelief that CLS was not seduced by my #'s, URM status, and amazing tar...

Since you brought it up, I have to ask, what is your tar?

Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars).

User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Core » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:20 am

BaiAilian2013 wrote:
Joan Hollaway wrote:another day, another empty mailbox in bklyn :(

+1 RD hold, nothing today in Manhattan. :(

I guess this means our e-mail acceptances are coming tomorrow, though, which is good news! I'm sick of waiting for that thing.

LMAO

User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Core » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:21 am

starsong wrote:
Core wrote:
$1.99 wrote:yeah its game over, if the decision was mailed then it is not an acceptance as these are emailed now

Are you sure? Ugh.

There's always the possibility your snail mail is the VCE and you will receive an e-mail acceptance tomorrow...

I like you.

starsong
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby starsong » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:46 am

Core wrote:
starsong wrote:
Core wrote:
$1.99 wrote:yeah its game over, if the decision was mailed then it is not an acceptance as these are emailed now

Are you sure? Ugh.

There's always the possibility your snail mail is the VCE and you will receive an e-mail acceptance tomorrow...

I like you.

:lol:

User avatar
LaurenGayle
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:35 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby LaurenGayle » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:17 am

Core wrote:
Since you brought it up, I have to ask, what is your tar?

Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars).


Also, the voice of Gossip Girl ;-)

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby hannah87 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:35 am

LaurenGayle wrote:
Core wrote:
Since you brought it up, I have to ask, what is your tar?

Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars).


Also, the voice of Gossip Girl ;-)


totally didn't know that! now i will picture her saying "the scandalous lives of manhattan's elite" :D

User avatar
Joan Hollaway
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Joan Hollaway » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:43 am

BaiAilian2013 wrote:
Joan Hollaway wrote:another day, another empty mailbox in bklyn :(

+1 RD hold, nothing today in Manhattan. :(

I guess this means our e-mail acceptances are coming tomorrow, though, which is good news! I'm sick of waiting for that thing.


Ugh I wish. An acceptance for me at this point would be a miracle but it would be the biggest shock of this cycle if you didn't get in. Gorgeous pic by the way love<3

User avatar
CG614
Posts: 825
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:26 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby CG614 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:20 am

LaurenGayle wrote:
Core wrote:
Since you brought it up, I have to ask, what is your tar?

Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars).


Also, the voice of Gossip Girl ;-)

Well, that explains why I didn't recognize it. Can't say I know who that is or that I have seen the show at all.

starsong
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby starsong » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:31 am

Just to remind everyone how our c/o 2012 counterparts felt last year right about this time (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=57044&start=950):

maiamimi wrote:Ok so have we all really gathered that NO ONE from this years "Hold" got accepted?! And that no one will?!
(Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:07 pm)

And then...an hour and a half later...

ezpar wrote:In via e-mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After getting placed on Hold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be there next Monday, I think.
(Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:39 pm)
ciccero wrote:In from On Hold Via E-mail
(Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:44 pm)
TrampsLikeU$ wrote:Got the email/pdf today- i'm in
(Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:04 pm)

Before you get too excited, though, the thread ends with this depressing reminder of what could await us:
malcolminthemiddle wrote:rejected from second reserve
(Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:21 pm)

User avatar
Joan Hollaway
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Joan Hollaway » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:36 am

starsong wrote:Just to remind everyone how our c/o 2012 counterparts felt last year right about this time (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=57044&start=950):

maiamimi wrote:Ok so have we all really gathered that NO ONE from this years "Hold" got accepted?! And that no one will?!
(Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:07 pm)

And then...an hour and a half later...

ezpar wrote:In via e-mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After getting placed on Hold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be there next Monday, I think.
(Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:39 pm)
ciccero wrote:In from On Hold Via E-mail
(Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:44 pm)
TrampsLikeU$ wrote:Got the email/pdf today- i'm in
(Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:04 pm)

Before you get too excited, though, the thread ends with this depressing reminder of what could await us:
malcolminthemiddle wrote:rejected from second reserve
(Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:21 pm)


Haha thanks for that, maybe their 4/14 can be our 4/21. A girl can only dream :mrgreen:

User avatar
neimanmarxist
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:41 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby neimanmarxist » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:59 am

Joan Holloway & Starsong, I hereby declare you the patron saints of hope springs eternal.
On the other hand you might edge out ol' Jude for Patron Saint of Lost Causes if today comes and goes and doesn't bring us what we want. But we're not thinking about that right now.
Anyway, i really do admire your dauntless optimism. You're keeping us (or the more gullible among us) believin'.
I was never very good at cynicism.
The dream lives on!
Good luck to you. I feel like karma owes it to you, with all your optimism. :)

User avatar
Joan Hollaway
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Joan Hollaway » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:09 am

neimanmarxist wrote:Joan Holloway & Starsong, I hereby declare you the patron saints of hope springs eternal.
On the other hand you might edge out ol' Jude for Patron Saint of Lost Causes if today comes and goes and doesn't bring us what we want. But we're not thinking about that right now.
Anyway, i really do admire your dauntless optimism. You're keeping us (or the more gullible among us) believin'.
I was never very good at cynicism.
The dream lives on!
Good luck to you. I feel like karma owes it to you, with all your optimism. :)


Haha thanks, ill save the pessimism for when I check my mailbox after work and realize that the reason I wasn't placed on reserve yet was because I was part of the hold-> reject batch :wink:
Good luck to you too!

starsong
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby starsong » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:16 am

neimanmarxist wrote:Joan Holloway & Starsong, I hereby declare you the patron saints of hope springs eternal.
On the other hand you might edge out ol' Jude for Patron Saint of Lost Causes if today comes and goes and doesn't bring us what we want. But we're not thinking about that right now.
Anyway, i really do admire your dauntless optimism. You're keeping us (or the more gullible among us) believin'.
I was never very good at cynicism.
The dream lives on!
Good luck to you. I feel like karma owes it to you, with all your optimism. :)

Thanks nm! Optimism is part of our humanity, you know?

User avatar
neimanmarxist
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:41 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby neimanmarxist » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:20 am

starsong wrote:
neimanmarxist wrote:Joan Holloway & Starsong, I hereby declare you the patron saints of hope springs eternal.
On the other hand you might edge out ol' Jude for Patron Saint of Lost Causes if today comes and goes and doesn't bring us what we want. But we're not thinking about that right now.
Anyway, i really do admire your dauntless optimism. You're keeping us (or the more gullible among us) believin'.
I was never very good at cynicism.
The dream lives on!
Good luck to you. I feel like karma owes it to you, with all your optimism. :)

Thanks nm! Optimism is part of our humanity, you know?


not everyone's . it's a gift :)

User avatar
neimanmarxist
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:41 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby neimanmarxist » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:28 am

Update: nothing in the mail today.
I'm in upstate, so ....

Z3RO
Posts: 526
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:57 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Z3RO » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:34 am

neimanmarxist wrote:Update: nothing in the mail today.
I'm in upstate, so ....

Your mail comes at 11:30? Yikes.

legalnoeagle
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby legalnoeagle » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:37 am

Is there anybody that wasn't held that's still waiting for a decision?

Feels lonely in here.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby r6_philly » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:39 am

legalnoeagle wrote:Is there anybody that wasn't held that's still waiting for a decision?

Feels lonely in here.


You are not alone ...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BrainsyK, carlos_danger, Google Adsense [Bot], liuwenyu, mccracal, mintme, potterotter, Yahoo [Bot] and 21 guests