Columbia 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
violinst
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:23 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby violinst » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:44 pm

runnerman wrote:
starsong wrote:Wow, I come home to see a slew of decisions. Looks like today was ED deferral day, with mostly WLs/dings and one acceptance. Ouch. Painful day.

No regular hold acceptances, only one hold->reserve reported on LSN. Did I miss anything?


I'm another regular hold -> reserve


via snail mail?

runnerman
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby runnerman » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:46 pm

violinst wrote:
runnerman wrote:
starsong wrote:Wow, I come home to see a slew of decisions. Looks like today was ED deferral day, with mostly WLs/dings and one acceptance. Ouch. Painful day.

No regular hold acceptances, only one hold->reserve reported on LSN. Did I miss anything?


I'm another regular hold -> reserve


via snail mail?


yup, letter dated/postmarked 4/16 (in dc here)

User avatar
Joan Hollaway
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Joan Hollaway » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:47 pm

seems like the only thing theyve been emailing have been (rare) acceptances

User avatar
JetstoRJC
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby JetstoRJC » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:15 pm

Hold ---> Reserve here as well. Snail mail today.

User avatar
gmail
Posts: 1012
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:41 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby gmail » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:23 pm

Reserve=rejection. There's no way around it. Maybe they'll keep you on for the second reserve, or even the third, but in the end you're going to end up with a big hot sticky mess of rejection all over your face and it'll get in your hair and on your clothes, so you might as well just relax your throat muscles, swallow, and use the protein boost to kick start your legal education elsewhere.

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby SanBun » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:26 pm

gmail wrote:Reserve=rejection. There's no way around it. Maybe they'll keep you on for the second reserve, or even the third, but in the end you're going to end up with a big hot sticky mess of rejection all over your face and it'll get in your hair and on your clothes, so you might as well just relax your throat muscles, swallow, and use the protein boost to kick start your legal education elsewhere.


mmmmm

AWESOME
just

AWESOME

legalnoeagle
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby legalnoeagle » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:26 pm

gmail wrote:Reserve=rejection. There's no way around it. Maybe they'll keep you on for the second reserve, or even the third, but in the end you're going to end up with a big hot sticky mess of rejection all over your face and it'll get in your hair and on your clothes, so you might as well just relax your throat muscles, swallow, and use the protein boost to kick start your legal education elsewhere.



I lol'ed.

User avatar
BaiAilian2013
Posts: 921
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:29 pm

gmail wrote:Reserve=rejection. There's no way around it. Maybe they'll keep you on for the second reserve, or even the third, but in the end you're going to end up with a big hot sticky mess of rejection all over your face and it'll get in your hair and on your clothes, so you might as well just relax your throat muscles, swallow, and use the protein boost to kick start your legal education elsewhere.

And God forbid that shit dry in your eyelashes.

User avatar
violinst
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:23 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby violinst » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:29 pm

gmail wrote:Reserve=rejection. There's no way around it. Maybe they'll keep you on for the second reserve, or even the third, but in the end you're going to end up with a big hot sticky mess of rejection all over your face and it'll get in your hair and on your clothes, so you might as well just relax your throat muscles, swallow, and use the protein boost to kick start your legal education elsewhere.


Too serious/dramatic for my taste, unless you were being sarcastic, in which case...

That's right, Baby...


Don't stop!

jc1988
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:03 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby jc1988 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:41 pm

gmail wrote:Reserve=rejection. There's no way around it. Maybe they'll keep you on for the second reserve, or even the third, but in the end you're going to end up with a big hot sticky mess of rejection all over your face and it'll get in your hair and on your clothes, so you might as well just relax your throat muscles, swallow, and use the protein boost to kick start your legal education elsewhere.


tx for making my day :lol:

i hope it tastes well.

Integrity
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:14 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Integrity » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:28 am

starsong wrote:
Integrity wrote:Got the rejection letter today, and I am heartbroken. I was an ED deferral. This is completely expected (non-URM, 4.0/158), but man...they gave me six months to dream.

So sorry to hear...


Thank you for that.

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby SanBun » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:38 am

Integrity wrote:
starsong wrote:
Integrity wrote:Got the rejection letter today, and I am heartbroken. I was an ED deferral. This is completely expected (non-URM, 4.0/158), but man...they gave me six months to dream.

So sorry to hear...


Thank you for that.


Integrity, i feel your pain, i too have had a lot of time to dream but know that a similar fate likely awaits me. Just keep on fighting. I'm sorry.

User avatar
violinst
Posts: 230
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:23 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby violinst » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:03 am

SanBun wrote:
Integrity wrote:
starsong wrote:
Integrity wrote:Got the rejection letter today, and I am heartbroken. I was an ED deferral. This is completely expected (non-URM, 4.0/158), but man...they gave me six months to dream.

So sorry to hear...


Thank you for that.


Integrity, i feel your pain, i too have had a lot of time to dream but know that a similar fate likely awaits me. Just keep on fighting. I'm sorry.


Well, at least one day you can tell the associate working for you that his school once rejected you. That's a better dream.

It's just a school in Colombia.

User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby utcris410 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:52 am

ED hold -->reserve letter yesterday in Texas. GL to those still waiting! :)

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:54 am

utcris410 wrote:ED hold -->reserve letter yesterday in Texas. GL to those still waiting! :)


Ugh you got one in Austin and I didn't? Lame.

User avatar
Joan Hollaway
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Joan Hollaway » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:11 am

Wonder if today will be the day my dreams are crushed

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:12 am

Joan Hollaway wrote:Wonder if today will be the day my dreams are crushed


I figured that day would be everyday for you... :D

multi720
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:20 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby multi720 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:17 am

so at this time,

Acceptances are e-mailed, and
all other decisions (rejections/waitlists etc) are snail mailed?

starsong
Posts: 421
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby starsong » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:24 am

runnerman wrote:
violinst wrote:
runnerman wrote:I'm another regular hold -> reserve


via snail mail?


yup, letter dated/postmarked 4/16 (in dc here)

So sorry to hear...

So apparently there was a 4/16 ED deferral + regular hold reserve/ding wave and one ED deferral e-mail acceptance yesterday.

User avatar
neimanmarxist
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:41 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby neimanmarxist » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:27 am

Joan Hollaway wrote:Wonder if today will be the day my dreams are crushed


+1.

User avatar
PoorOrpheus
Posts: 264
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:57 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby PoorOrpheus » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:27 am

multi720 wrote:so at this time,

Acceptances are e-mailed, and
all other decisions (rejections/waitlists etc) are snail mailed?

Correct.

User avatar
Joan Hollaway
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Joan Hollaway » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:41 am

Wonder if there will actually be a hold-> admit batch or if were just waiting longer to be put in reserve for no good reason

User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby utcris410 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:50 am

Jericwithers wrote:
utcris410 wrote:ED hold -->reserve letter yesterday in Texas. GL to those still waiting! :)


Ugh you got one in Austin and I didn't? Lame.

I'm in Dallas.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:53 am

utcris410 wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
utcris410 wrote:ED hold -->reserve letter yesterday in Texas. GL to those still waiting! :)


Ugh you got one in Austin and I didn't? Lame.

I'm in Dallas.


Ah I thought so, so I can expect mine today then.

User avatar
ShibaDan
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:34 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby ShibaDan » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:02 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
utcris410 wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
utcris410 wrote:ED hold -->reserve letter yesterday in Texas. GL to those still waiting! :)


Ugh you got one in Austin and I didn't? Lame.

I'm in Dallas.


Ah I thought so, so I can expect mine today then.


Hmmm...I'm abroad and they agreed to e-mail me my deferral letter...I wonder if I call and say heeyy guys. just fyi if you happen to make a decision regarding my app soon can you PDF it to me again. Kthxbai! Then wait the 5 minutes for my reserve/rejection to come.

It seems there's been 1 reject, 1 admit, and a whole mess of reserves. I hope there are more admits on the way.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”