Columbia 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
starsong

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby starsong » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:48 pm

CG614 wrote:Oh no, now Nax is going to hijack this thread with his mood swings... ha... Good luck, man. Just don't obsess over the decision in this thread, like you did in the NYU one. :D

This public insult, along with your note that the NYU thread is "members only" (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=98892&p=2692669#p2692669), has just qualified you as a first-class douche in my book. What, do you have a personal vendetta against the guy or something? Grow up.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:54 pm

I am migrating over here...

Look like they admitted a few high LSAT folks in the last batch. So splitters may have hope. Last year they gave out some acceptances all the way into April. I think maybe people with high lsat is in a better position than a more balanced applicant like me and nax at this point :|

starsong

Postby starsong » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:54 pm

r6_philly wrote:I am migrating over here...

Look like they admitted a few high LSAT folks in the last batch. So splitters may have hope. Last year they gave out some acceptances all the way into April. I think maybe people with high lsat is in a better position than a more balanced applicant like me and nax at this point :|

Hang in there! It's not over till it's over :-)

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:58 pm

So, with this first reserve group, it's in no way binding if we indicate we wish to stay in consideration is it? I do not see any indication that it is, but they make it a very formal process by clicking OK, and then clicking OK again to confirm we wish to remain on the first reserve list, so it got me thinking.

CG614

Postby CG614 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:18 pm

starsong wrote:
CG614 wrote:Oh no, now Nax is going to hijack this thread with his mood swings... ha... Good luck, man. Just don't obsess over the decision in this thread, like you did in the NYU one. :D

This public insult, along with your note that the NYU thread is "members only" (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=98892&p=2692669#p2692669), has just qualified you as a first-class douche in my book. What, do you have a personal vendetta against the guy or something? Grow up.

Thanks, I was always wondering what you thought of me.

His comments in that thread, which spawned my "members only" comment, were what rubbed me the wrong way. He was telling people to withdraw, so "he can get in." Either way, I would rather not have the CLS 2010 thread hijacked with his bipolar posts. The NYU thread turned into him posting obsessively, and the only useful information I was able to get from that thread was dessert tips.

By the way, what are the qualifying factors to being defined as a "first-class douche?"

nax425

Postby nax425 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:24 pm

CG614 wrote:
starsong wrote:

His comments in that thread, which spawned my "members only" comment, were what rubbed me the wrong way. He was telling people to withdraw, so "he can get in." Either way, I would rather not have the CLS 2010 thread hijacked with his bipolar posts. The NYU thread turned into him posting obsessively, and the only useful information I was able to get from that thread was dessert tips.

By the way, what are the qualifying factors to being defined as a "first-class douche?"

LOL I promise to stay out.

starsong

Postby starsong » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:28 pm

CG614 wrote:
starsong wrote:

Thanks, I was always wondering what you thought of me. His comments in that thread, which spawned my "members only" comment, was what rubbed me the wrong way. He was telling people to withdraw, so "he can get in." Either way, I would rather not have the CLS 2010 thread hijack with his bipolar posts. The NYU thread turned into him posting obsessively, and the only useful information I was able to get from that thread was dessert tips.

For starters, publicly insulting an applicant in a waiting-room thread when you're already admitted. What information could you possibly need/want here? And last time I checked, it's not a crime to be nervous. And you're certainly not the thread police.

CG614

Postby CG614 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:29 pm

nax425 wrote:
CG614 wrote:
starsong wrote:

Nah man, you're welcome. Just limit the "OMG WHAT ABOUT TODAY" post to two a day. Cool? ha

In all honesty, I was mostly joking with you. But someone else took it the wrong way and attacked me. I was sorry to hear about NYU for ya. Good luck with CLS!

CG614

Postby CG614 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:33 pm

starsong wrote:
CG614 wrote:
starsong wrote:

Thanks, I was always wondering what you thought of me. His comments in that thread, which spawned my "members only" comment, was what rubbed me the wrong way. He was telling people to withdraw, so "he can get in." Either way, I would rather not have the CLS 2010 thread hijack with his bipolar posts. The NYU thread turned into him posting obsessively, and the only useful information I was able to get from that thread was dessert tips.

For starters, publicly insulting an applicant in a waiting-room thread when you're already admitted. What information could you possibly need/want here? And last time I checked, it's not a crime to be nervous. And you're certainly not the thread police.

I don't know if I would deem those actions to be "First-Class Douche." Maybe, regular douche. I suppose we don't have the same rating system when it comes to douche identification. Which system do you use?

PS. This post is more an example of a "First-Class Douche." Just, FYI.

nax425

Postby nax425 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:41 pm

CG614 wrote:
nax425 wrote:
CG614 wrote:
starsong wrote:This public insult, along with your note that the NYU thread is "members only" (viewtopic.php?f=7&t=98892&p=2692669#p2692669), has just qualified you as a first-class douche in my book. What, do you have a personal vendetta against the guy or something? Grow up.

Nah man, you're welcome. Just limit the "OMG WHAT ABOUT TODAY" post to two a day. Cool? ha

In all honesty, I was mostly joking with you. But someone else took it the wrong way and attacked me. I was sorry to hear about NYU for ya. Good luck with CLS!

no, we're actually not cool...but apparently these boards are supposed to be serious info-filled, so i better just take my bipolar ass out of here.

starsong

Postby starsong » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:42 pm

nax425 wrote:no, we're actually not cool...but apparently these boards are supposed to be serious info-filled, so i better just take my bipolar ass out of here.

I'm going to drop it too since this thread is about Columbia. My objection and CG's responses have been noted for the record, as they say.

popopcorn

Postby popopcorn » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:20 pm

hey everyone! got my package last thursday, and have been super excited to get in!
seriously Columbia is my love!

Just wondering anyone has any tips about our housing options?

justbluemyself

Postby justbluemyself » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:42 pm

HOLY CRAP, I'M IN!!! I am completely floored, shocked, honored, etc. With my numbers I thought I would be riding the WL at best. I never in a million years would have expected to be accepted, and at the moment I can't even wrap my head around how amazing this is.

I found out via email just now; they said snail mail was on its way as well.

Of course, this may be one more email error in a long line of adcomm email errors. I'll wait for the mail and celebrate/eat my hat accordingly.

j nyc

Postby j nyc » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:31 pm

-
Last edited by j nyc on Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:33 pm

justbluemyself wrote:HOLY CRAP, I'M IN!!! I am completely floored, shocked, honored, etc. With my numbers I thought I would be riding the WL at best. I never in a million years would have expected to be accepted, and at the moment I can't even wrap my head around how amazing this is.

Of course, this may be one more email error in a long line of adcomm email errors. I'll wait for the mail and celebrate/eat my hat accordingly.

Congratulations!!!

why email? are you out of the country?

rx3r

Postby rx3r » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:42 pm

justbluemyself wrote:HOLY CRAP, I'M IN!!! I am completely floored, shocked, honored, etc. With my numbers I thought I would be riding the WL at best. I never in a million years would have expected to be accepted, and at the moment I can't even wrap my head around how amazing this is.

LOVE your sn. You and Tobias are going to be my BFFs at Columbia. I can already tell. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=87103&p=2587822&hilit=+blue#p2587822
Last edited by rx3r on Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rupert.pupkin

Postby rupert.pupkin » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:44 pm

niiiiiiice

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:51 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:So, with this first reserve group, it's in no way binding if we indicate we wish to stay in consideration is it? I do not see any indication that it is, but they make it a very formal process by clicking OK, and then clicking OK again to confirm we wish to remain on the first reserve list, so it got me thinking.

weee

Postby weee » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:53 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:So, with this first reserve group, it's in no way binding if we indicate we wish to stay in consideration is it? I do not see any indication that it is, but they make it a very formal process by clicking OK, and then clicking OK again to confirm we wish to remain on the first reserve list, so it got me thinking.

I highly doubt any binding is involved.

Mr. Crowley

Postby Mr. Crowley » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:27 pm

Got the email this morning, gonna make my decision a lot tougher

justbluemyself

Postby justbluemyself » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:38 pm

chutzpah wrote:

Congratulations!!!

why email? are you out of the country?

No clue. I'm in country. I did hear from another TLS-er that he never got his original letter, just a welcome packet a week or so later. So perhaps they're covering all their bases?

starsong

Postby starsong » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:01 pm

Were any of you accepted by e-mail this morning on hold by any chance?

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:30 pm

Do we think maybe they're using email notification because the end is drawing near?

mysticfeline

Postby mysticfeline » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:37 pm

starsong wrote:Were any of you accepted by e-mail this morning on hold by any chance?

YES! Made my day.

legalnoeagle

Postby legalnoeagle » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:47 pm

Ok. If they've moved to holds, then I can officially throw in the towel.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”