Columbia 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
of Benito Cereno
Posts: 748
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:40 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby of Benito Cereno » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:24 pm

BenJ wrote:
It won't let you print a PDF to a PDF, though. Or else I'm missing something. But Print to PDF is greyed out for the file. How did you do it, Benito?


file - print -pdf (bottom left corner of print setup page) - save as pdf

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby BenJ » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:29 pm

That option is there but greyed out on my computer. The only options available are "Save as PostScript" and "Fax PDF". :x

I just tried opening it in Adobe Reader instead of Preview. "Save as PDF" was not greyed out, but when I selected it, it said "Saving a PDF when printing is not supported."

*sigh* Further advice?

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby crackberry » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:44 pm

BenJ wrote:That option is there but greyed out on my computer. The only options available are "Save as PostScript" and "Fax PDF". :x

I just tried opening it in Adobe Reader instead of Preview. "Save as PDF" was not greyed out, but when I selected it, it said "Saving a PDF when printing is not supported."

*sigh* Further advice?

Just print it and rescan it as a PDF. Yes, it won't look quite as good, but if you do it right, they won't even notice.

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby BenJ » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:56 pm

crackberry wrote:
BenJ wrote:That option is there but greyed out on my computer. The only options available are "Save as PostScript" and "Fax PDF". :x

I just tried opening it in Adobe Reader instead of Preview. "Save as PDF" was not greyed out, but when I selected it, it said "Saving a PDF when printing is not supported."

*sigh* Further advice?

Just print it and rescan it as a PDF. Yes, it won't look quite as good, but if you do it right, they won't even notice.


That means finding a scanner somewhere. Ugh. Oh well, thanks guys.

legalnoeagle
Posts: 297
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby legalnoeagle » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:43 am

If you haven't heard back by this week, is it safe to assume you're WL'ed or rejected? As in, does ANYONE get accepted in late March/April?

I'm sure someone has spent the appropriate amount of time on LSN figuring this out. Humor me.

User avatar
BaiAilian2013
Posts: 919
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:16 am

legalnoeagle wrote:If you haven't heard back by this week, is it safe to assume you're WL'ed or rejected? As in, does ANYONE get accepted in late March/April?

I'm sure someone has spent the appropriate amount of time on LSN figuring this out. Humor me.

Yes, some do. Last year, there were tiny batches during the second week of March, the fourth week of March, and the third week of
April.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby puppleberry finn » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:11 am

.
Last edited by puppleberry finn on Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cal27
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby cal27 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:48 pm

Does Columbia send rejection/wls in small envelopes (by regular mail) or in larger envelopes?

User avatar
MusicNutMeggie
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:12 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby MusicNutMeggie » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:55 pm

They send waitlist (or "reserve," as they call it) letters in small envelopes.

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby dakatz » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:38 pm

Since I have been complete for 4 months, I emailed Columbia to see if there was something wrong, and find out a bit more detail about my status. Seems like doing so has accelerated my impending rejection :) They got back to me saying my decision will be in the mail tomorrow. (and it will read, "here's your rejection, you impatient bastard")

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby gahthelaw » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:40 pm

dakatz wrote:Since I have been complete for 4 months, I emailed Columbia to see if there was something wrong, and find out a bit more detail about my status. Seems like doing so has accelerated my impending rejection :) They got back to me saying my decision will be in the mail tomorrow. (and it will read, "here's your rejection, you impatient bastard")


oh dear. that's what i've been afraid of doing. maybe they're sending out a whole batch tomorrow.

cal27
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby cal27 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:51 pm

Was just held. Not entirely sure what this means. I know I should just scroll through the last months worth of posts but thought maybe someone online would show some mercy and just explain here! Thanks!

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby booboo » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:52 pm

cal27 wrote:Was just held. Not entirely sure what this means. I know I should just scroll through the last months worth of posts but thought maybe someone online would show some mercy and just explain here! Thanks!


It means don't pack up that tent near your mailbox yet.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby puppleberry finn » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:53 pm

.
Last edited by puppleberry finn on Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cal27
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby cal27 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:59 pm

booboo wrote:
cal27 wrote:Was just held. Not entirely sure what this means. I know I should just scroll through the last months worth of posts but thought maybe someone online would show some mercy and just explain here! Thanks!


It means don't pack up that tent near your mailbox yet.


gotcha. i suppose i should start sending in letters of continued interest, additional recs, etc?

User avatar
BioEBear2010
Posts: 745
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:05 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:19 pm

cal27 wrote:gotcha. i suppose i should start sending in letters of continued interest, additional recs, etc?

Now is a great time to do this.

Also, just withdrew my application. Best of luck everyone!

hopefullaw27
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:50 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby hopefullaw27 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:24 pm

so, after months of procrastination, i think i'm going to send in a LOCI and new recommendation after being deferred from their ED pool. What's the "best" way to send the LOCI? Attached to an email in pdf form? Also, do I just send the recommendation through LSAC? I consider this my 4 seconds left hail mary...hopefully i'm doug flutie

User avatar
Jules Winnfield
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Jules Winnfield » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:52 pm

hopefullaw27 wrote:so, after months of procrastination, i think i'm going to send in a LOCI and new recommendation after being deferred from their ED pool. What's the "best" way to send the LOCI? Attached to an email in pdf form? Also, do I just send the recommendation through LSAC? I consider this my 4 seconds left hail mary...hopefully i'm doug flutie



mail it physically....that way, somebody will have to physically open it up and place it with your file.

User avatar
chutzpah
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby chutzpah » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:22 pm

Hi Columbia folks. What's the consensus on how multiple LSATs are faring this cycle? I know what the FAQ says, but are 165/175 applicants having better luck than 170s? I'm 165/174 3.65 for what its worth. Thanks!

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby BenJ » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:44 pm

chutzpah wrote:Hi Columbia folks. What's the consensus on how multiple LSATs are faring this cycle? I know what the FAQ says, but are 165/175 applicants having better luck than 170s? I'm 165/174 3.65 for what its worth. Thanks!


Well, I got in reasonably fast with a 167/178 3.78, but I think my average LSAT would have been able to get in, too. Maybe not as late as I applied, though.

FCD
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:47 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby FCD » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:56 pm

another day's mail gone by :|

Nixer
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Nixer » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:59 pm

chutzpah wrote:Hi Columbia folks. What's the consensus on how multiple LSATs are faring this cycle? I know what the FAQ says, but are 165/175 applicants having better luck than 170s? I'm 165/174 3.65 for what its worth. Thanks!


I'm in with a 3.6 167/173, so they were very generous when looking only at my retake (and perhaps my GPA...).

c0rpusdelicti
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:51 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby c0rpusdelicti » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:36 pm

I just sent my final status update request email to Columbia, making sure to note that I've asked them twice already and received overly optimistic responses each time, and that I've heard back from every other school but Columbia. Oh, and that they've had my application for over four months.

If I don't hear back from them by the end of this week, I'm going to withdraw on Monday. Frankly, I've grown quite weary of waiting for them to make up their minds and I'm finding it kind of ridiculous that they're taking this much time.

User avatar
AdmiralNelson
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:59 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby AdmiralNelson » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:47 pm

I wouldn't be opposed to your opening up an extra spot. :mrgreen:

User avatar
BaiAilian2013
Posts: 919
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:51 pm

c0rpusdelicti wrote:I just sent my final status update request email to Columbia, making sure to note that I've asked them twice already and received overly optimistic responses each time, and that I've heard back from every other school but Columbia. Oh, and that they've had my application for over four months.

If I don't hear back from them by the end of this week, I'm going to withdraw on Monday. Frankly, I've grown quite weary of waiting for them to make up their minds and I'm finding it kind of ridiculous that they're taking this much time.

Dude, I have a 4.7 index and sent my LOCI the day after receiving my hold, and they've had mine for over six months now. :(




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], hip to be Square, longsh0305, SevenSeven77 and 9 guests