Columbia 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
blue5385
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby blue5385 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:41 pm

Kronk wrote:
blue5385 wrote:
booboo wrote:It's sad because it's true.

/returns to his cupboard under the staircase.


Don't worry, people who live in cupboards under staircases usually end up becoming the chosen ones.


Not if I never let him out.


But if you don't, a half-man, half-giant with superhuman strength might come let him out (and give you a pig's tail in the process).

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby booboo » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:46 pm

blue5385 wrote:
Kronk wrote:
blue5385 wrote:
booboo wrote:It's sad because it's true.

/returns to his cupboard under the staircase.


Don't worry, people who live in cupboards under staircases usually end up becoming the chosen ones.


Not if I never let him out.


But if you don't, a half-man, half-giant with superhuman strength might come let him out (and give you a pig's tail in the process).


Unfortunately, my life won't unfold like that fairy tale. ITT we bide by the rules of reality.

/best run back to my cupboard before Kronk begins with the lashing.

blue5385
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby blue5385 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:50 pm

booboo wrote:ITT we bide by the rules of reality.


bummer, I was happy in fairytale world, where I get admitted to CLS with a Hamilton in today's mail :|

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby booboo » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:53 pm

blue5385 wrote:
booboo wrote:ITT we bide by the rules of reality.


bummer, I was happy in fairytale world, where I get admitted to CLS with a Hamilton in today's mail :|


Even in fairytale world, the USPS does not deliver on federal holidays.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28174
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Kronk » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:54 pm

booboo wrote:
blue5385 wrote:
booboo wrote:ITT we bide by the rules of reality.


bummer, I was happy in fairytale world, where I get admitted to CLS with a Hamilton in today's mail :|


Even in fairytale world, the USPS does not deliver on federal holidays.


LOL

blue5385
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby blue5385 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:54 pm

booboo wrote:
blue5385 wrote:
booboo wrote:ITT we bide by the rules of reality.


bummer, I was happy in fairytale world, where I get admitted to CLS with a Hamilton in today's mail :|


Even in fairytale world, the USPS does not deliver on federal holidays.


In the rules of my fairytale world, when I am desperately waiting for something, the rules of the USPS do not apply.

And if it's a federal holiday, what am I doing at work?!?

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28174
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Kronk » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:56 pm

blue5385 wrote:
booboo wrote:
blue5385 wrote:
booboo wrote:ITT we bide by the rules of reality.


bummer, I was happy in fairytale world, where I get admitted to CLS with a Hamilton in today's mail :|


Even in fairytale world, the USPS does not deliver on federal holidays.


In the rules of my fairytale world, when I am desperately waiting for something, the rules of the USPS do not apply.

And if it's a federal holiday, what am I doing at work?!?


You can come home to the closet if you want.

blue5385
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby blue5385 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:57 pm

Kronk wrote:You can come home to the closet if you want.


thanks Kronk, but there is essentially no difference between my office & the closet under the stairs, other than my office is slightly smaller & has an internet connection.

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby booboo » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:59 pm

blue5385 wrote:
Kronk wrote:You can come home to the closet if you want.


thanks Kronk, but there is essentially no difference between my office & the closet under the stairs, other than my office is slightly smaller & has an internet connection.


Are you abroad? Specifically, Japan?

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28174
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Kronk » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:01 pm

booboo wrote:
blue5385 wrote:
Kronk wrote:You can come home to the closet if you want.


thanks Kronk, but there is essentially no difference between my office & the closet under the stairs, other than my office is slightly smaller & has an internet connection.


Are you abroad? Specifically, Japan?


Pretty sure tanning beds have an internet connection in Japan. Not that I would know...

blue5385
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby blue5385 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:01 pm

booboo wrote:Are you abroad? Specifically, Japan?


Nope, just a low-paid grunt in the U.S. who doesn't merit an office with a window :wink:

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28174
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Kronk » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:02 pm

blue5385 wrote:
booboo wrote:Are you abroad? Specifically, Japan?


Nope, just a low-paid grunt in the U.S. who doesn't merit an office with a window :wink:


Question, by going to "work" do you mean going to "timeout," and by "office" do you mean "kennel"?

blue5385
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby blue5385 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:03 pm

Kronk wrote:
blue5385 wrote:
booboo wrote:Are you abroad? Specifically, Japan?


Nope, just a low-paid grunt in the U.S. who doesn't merit an office with a window :wink:


Question, by going to "work" do you mean going to "timeout," and by "office" do you mean "kennel"?


Yes and no. Kennels do not have internet connections in the U.S. (not that I know of, anyway).

blue5385
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby blue5385 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:04 pm

Kronk wrote:
booboo wrote:
blue5385 wrote:
Kronk wrote:You can come home to the closet if you want.


thanks Kronk, but there is essentially no difference between my office & the closet under the stairs, other than my office is slightly smaller & has an internet connection.


Are you abroad? Specifically, Japan?


Pretty sure tanning beds have an internet connection in Japan. Not that I would know...


Kronk, you don't have to try and hide the fact that you're surfing TLS from a tanning bed in Japan. Better get out soon though, or you'll turn orange....

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby booboo » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:07 pm

blue5385 wrote:
Kronk wrote:
booboo wrote:
blue5385 wrote:
thanks Kronk, but there is essentially no difference between my office & the closet under the stairs, other than my office is slightly smaller & has an internet connection.


Are you abroad? Specifically, Japan?


Pretty sure tanning beds have an internet connection in Japan. Not that I would know...


Kronk, you don't have to try and hide the fact that you're surfing TLS from a tanning bed in Japan. Better get out soon though, or you'll turn orange....


But he wants to be like this...

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28174
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Kronk » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:08 pm

Nice find.

blue5385
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby blue5385 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:08 pm

booboo wrote:But he wants to be like this...

--ImageRemoved--


I'd say use self-tanner then, but I don't think he would want to risk staining his pristine white tracksuit.

ljmrc3344
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby ljmrc3344 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:20 pm

For those who are sending additional LORs: are you having the professor send them directly to Columbia or to LSAC, first? I asked Columbia and they said sending it directly in a sealed envelope was alright, but maybe if it had the signed LSAC form it would look more legitimate.

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby booboo » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:24 pm

ljmrc3344 wrote:For those who are sending additional LORs: are you having the professor send them directly to Columbia or to LSAC, first? I asked Columbia and they said sending it directly in a sealed envelope was alright, but maybe if it had the signed LSAC form it would look more legitimate.


If you can get the professor to fax the form to LSAC, it will be handled quite quickly. You can then send it out to Columbia with minimal delay.

carterth
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby carterth » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:24 pm

Got the hold letter in the mail, dated 2/9.

I was complete on 12/7 (180/3.97).

Anyone know if this basically sinks any hopes of a named scholarship even if I do end up as an eventual admit? Columbia is actually at the top of my list right now, but that message probably didn't come through in my application...

User avatar
EijiMiyake
Posts: 277
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:29 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby EijiMiyake » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:29 pm

carterth wrote:Got the hold letter in the mail, dated 2/9.

I was complete on 12/7 (180/3.97).

Anyone know if this basically sinks any hopes of a named scholarship even if I do end up as an eventual admit? Columbia is actually at the top of my list right now, but that message probably didn't come through in my application...



The HLS/CLS holds are really surprising - I'd have to think you'll get into one or both by the end. Good luck!

Yeah, it seems as though most of the named scholarships are given away in Jan or Feb, but their "need-based" aid can be quite generous regardless.

blue5385
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby blue5385 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:30 pm

carterth wrote:Got the hold letter in the mail, dated 2/9.

I was complete on 12/7 (180/3.97).

Anyone know if this basically sinks any hopes of a named scholarship even if I do end up as an eventual admit? Columbia is actually at the top of my list right now, but that message probably didn't come through in my application...


I don't think there is any eventuality, with those stats you'll probably get in as soon as they process your LOCI. During last year's cycle the last Hamilton was apparently given on 2/10 with no mention of a hold. Someone reported getting 75k on 2/18 last year, they didn't explicitly say if it was a named scholarship though.

doopwooper
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:15 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby doopwooper » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:31 pm

Waitlisted. my numbers are 167/3.9. I was actually pretty surprised that I wasn't just rejected.

ljmrc3344
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby ljmrc3344 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:07 pm

booboo wrote:
ljmrc3344 wrote:For those who are sending additional LORs: are you having the professor send them directly to Columbia or to LSAC, first? I asked Columbia and they said sending it directly in a sealed envelope was alright, but maybe if it had the signed LSAC form it would look more legitimate.


If you can get the professor to fax the form to LSAC, it will be handled quite quickly. You can then send it out to Columbia with minimal delay.


I was under the impression that LORs can only be sent to LSAC in a sealed envelope (I could not find any instructions for faxing on the website and they are closed for President's Day, so no calls until tomorrow.). Or am I mistaken?

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby booboo » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:10 pm

ljmrc3344 wrote:
booboo wrote:
ljmrc3344 wrote:For those who are sending additional LORs: are you having the professor send them directly to Columbia or to LSAC, first? I asked Columbia and they said sending it directly in a sealed envelope was alright, but maybe if it had the signed LSAC form it would look more legitimate.


If you can get the professor to fax the form to LSAC, it will be handled quite quickly. You can then send it out to Columbia with minimal delay.


I was under the impression that LORs can only be sent to LSAC in a sealed envelope (I could not find any instructions for faxing on the website and they are closed for President's Day, so no calls until tomorrow.). Or am I mistaken?


viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26020

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50622

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25251

Good luck!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dala77, hellohalo, potatocowpower and 7 guests