Columbia 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby hannah87 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:08 pm

lz06 wrote:If I'm in the 2/9 batch, which I assume that I am because I applied early Sept., I should be getting my mail today.. I'm nervous :(


good luck! you have awesome numbers. god, how i wish i had those 3 little LSAT points :P

blue5385
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby blue5385 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:08 pm

After the events of 2/11, I feel like I'd be overjoyed with a WL. Anything to not get flat-out dinged.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:17 pm

I am scared to get my mail..

lz06
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby lz06 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:18 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:I am scared to get my mail..


Me too seriously :(

User avatar
PoorOrpheus
Posts: 264
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:57 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby PoorOrpheus » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:20 pm

Were there any acceptances in the postmarked 2/9 batch?

blue5385
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby blue5385 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:22 pm

PoorOrpheus wrote:Were there any acceptances in the postmarked 2/9 batch?


Georgina got in.

User avatar
GobiasIndustries
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby GobiasIndustries » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:26 pm

Rejections are out and about; this is true. Got mine yesterday (I mentioned but maybe it got lost among everyone else's WL). The rejection letter is somewhat dismissive, actually, now that I've given it another look. Kind of meh about that.

GL to all the waiters, though...

CanadianEH
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:47 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby CanadianEH » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:26 pm

PoorOrpheus wrote:Were there any acceptances in the postmarked 2/9 batch?


I was in the 2/9 as well, also admitted.

blue5385
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby blue5385 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:28 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:Rejections are out and about; this is true. Got mine yesterday (I mentioned but maybe it got lost among everyone else's WL). The rejection letter is somewhat dismissive, actually, now that I've given it another look. Kind of meh about that.

GL to all the waiters, though...


GobiasIndustries, don't renege on your promise to post what it said... :wink:

User avatar
GobiasIndustries
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby GobiasIndustries » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:39 pm

blue5385 wrote:
GobiasIndustries wrote:Rejections are out and about; this is true. Got mine yesterday (I mentioned but maybe it got lost among everyone else's WL). The rejection letter is somewhat dismissive, actually, now that I've given it another look. Kind of meh about that.

GL to all the waiters, though...


GobiasIndustries, don't renege on your promise to post what it said... :wink:


Oh yeah!

CLS Ownage Squad wrote:After careful consideration of your application for admission, we regret to inform you that we are unable to take favorable action.

During this admissions season, we expect over 8,000 candidates will seek admission to our entering class, numbering approximately 370 students. This year's applicant pool promises to be among the largest and most highly qualified in our history. Competition for admission has never been more keen. We share your disappointment that, with such an abundance of highly qualified applicants for so relatively few openings, we are unable to accept many candidates who we felt would have made a significant contribution to our Law School.

Thank you for your interest in Columbia Law School and for your personal investment in our selection process. We wish you much success and satisfaction at your law school of choice and beyond, throughout your career.


I'll translate:

Thx bebe but it's not happening. Oh stop making that face; it's harder for us because there were a ton of people we wanted to accept but couldn't. Not you, though. We waitlisted them. Please don't try to transfer; it will further embarass you and waste our time.

User avatar
Snoopy1216
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Snoopy1216 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:44 pm

People who have been rejected, when was it postmarked and where did it go/are u in the US (or abroad)?

blue5385
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby blue5385 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:49 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:
blue5385 wrote:
GobiasIndustries wrote:Rejections are out and about; this is true. Got mine yesterday (I mentioned but maybe it got lost among everyone else's WL). The rejection letter is somewhat dismissive, actually, now that I've given it another look. Kind of meh about that.

GL to all the waiters, though...


GobiasIndustries, don't renege on your promise to post what it said... :wink:


Oh yeah!

CLS Ownage Squad wrote:After careful consideration of your application for admission, we regret to inform you that we are unable to take favorable action.

During this admissions season, we expect over 8,000 candidates will seek admission to our entering class, numbering approximately 370 students. This year's applicant pool promises to be among the largest and most highly qualified in our history. Competition for admission has never been more keen. We share your disappointment that, with such an abundance of highly qualified applicants for so relatively few openings, we are unable to accept many candidates who we felt would have made a significant contribution to our Law School.

Thank you for your interest in Columbia Law School and for your personal investment in our selection process. We wish you much success and satisfaction at your law school of choice and beyond, throughout your career.


I'll translate:

Thx bebe but it's not happening. Oh stop making that face; it's harder for us because there were a ton of people we wanted to accept but couldn't. Not you, though. We waitlisted them. Please don't try to transfer; it will further embarass you and waste our time.


lol, I think the first sentence is harsh, but the rest of it is pretty standard. I will probably be getting my very own copy in the mail today, if what happened to the rest of the people in this thread is any indication :shock:

User avatar
rockchalk86
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:16 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby rockchalk86 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:56 pm

Place on first reserve! Pretty excited about this considering my numbers.

User avatar
GobiasIndustries
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:56 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby GobiasIndustries » Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:59 pm

Snoopy1216 wrote:People who have been rejected, when was it postmarked and where did it go/are u in the US (or abroad)?


Letter was dated 2/9 and it arrived yesterday at my perm address in CT.

User avatar
castellon
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:19 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby castellon » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:05 pm

No mail again, I guess no mail > rejection or hold, although a rejection at this point might be a mercy killing.

User avatar
PoorOrpheus
Posts: 264
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:57 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby PoorOrpheus » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:09 pm

castellon wrote:No mail again, I guess no mail > rejection or hold, although a rejection at this point might be a mercy killing.

OT: Is that Jacques Brel in your avatar? Love him! 8)

User avatar
castellon
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:19 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby castellon » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:18 pm

PoorOrpheus wrote:
castellon wrote:No mail again, I guess no mail > rejection or hold, although a rejection at this point might be a mercy killing.

OT: Is that Jacques Brel in your avatar? Love him! 8)


Bien sûr! Jacques is (was?) the man.

User avatar
UrbanAchievers
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby UrbanAchievers » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:24 pm

WL'd today via snail mail post marked 2/10. Not surprised with my 4.2 index.

Withdrawing my application. Good luck to the rest of you.

democrattotheend
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby democrattotheend » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:32 pm

big_blue79 wrote:Got a complete e-mail. I expect to be W/L (3.8/173). Best of luck to everyone.


I just realized we are numbers twins. I thought I had a shot at an outright admittance, and you probably have a better shot than I do because of your military experience. On LSN, there have been a number of people with similar or lower numbers admitted. But maybe getting into NYU made me overconfident.

lz06
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby lz06 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:34 pm

Unable to take favorable action, lol what

User avatar
BaiAilian2013
Posts: 919
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:34 pm

Nothing for me today. After Coal hears, I will assume that a dog ate my application.

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby booboo » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:39 pm

lz06 wrote:Un[strike]able[/strike]willing to take favorable action, lol what


Fixt.

democrattotheend
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby democrattotheend » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:40 pm

I went complete on 1/21, I think, but have not gone under review yet. Is there a stage for under review, or does it just go from complete to decision?

User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Core » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:48 pm

General question: Is "held" (at CLS, HLS, etc.) the equivalent of being "deferred," or does "deferred" have some other meaning?

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby crackberry » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:53 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:
I like your new name


[strike]How[/strike] Why do people keep changing their names?

Fixed.

Gargamel, please tell.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, malysh and 19 guests