Columbia 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
DallasCowboy
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:47 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby DallasCowboy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:19 pm

booboo wrote:
DallasCowboy wrote:after rejections from UVA and Stanford today, I just want to be Held. :|


I hope that that is a play on words, and if so, hai.


yes.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby crackberry » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:20 pm

Are you actually withdrawing?

If so, is it Berkeley or Stanford (or Yale) for sure?

User avatar
los blancos
Posts: 7111
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby los blancos » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:21 pm

Kronk wrote:--ImageRemoved--


hahahahaha

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 27893
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Kronk » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:22 pm

crackberry wrote:Are you actually withdrawing?

If so, is it Berkeley or Stanford (or Yale) for sure?


Yeah I just withdrew. I will still go to NYU ASW just because NYU is such a well rounded school and has such a great faculty. I'm waiting on Chicago in case they give me 60k or something and I think it'd be more effective at getting a matching offer from Boalt than the 90k at UVA. And I'll keep my hold at Harvard and my app open at Yale, but realistically it's either Boalt or (seems unlikely at this point) SLS.

jim9o011
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:37 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby jim9o011 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:23 pm

Held today via snail mail. 173/3.88 and complete on 12/28

Can't say I was too surprised, but it's still disappointing after anxiously following LSN / thread for weeks.

Good luck to all of you fellow applicants in limbo.

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby booboo » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:24 pm

--ImageRemoved--

juleesong
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby juleesong » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:24 pm

What does HELD mean?

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby booboo » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:25 pm

juleesong wrote:What does HELD mean?


They want to keep you in the decision pool, but wanted to give you an update on your file.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby puppleberry finn » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:25 pm

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 27893
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Kronk » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:26 pm

puppleberry finn wrote:--ImageRemoved--


LOL

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby booboo » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:26 pm

Kronk wrote:
puppleberry finn wrote:--ImageRemoved--


LOL


+1! LMAO.

juleesong
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby juleesong » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:27 pm

booboo wrote:
juleesong wrote:What does HELD mean?


They want to keep you in the decision pool, but wanted to give you an update on your file.



Big pool. Is there a separate waitlist pool?

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby booboo » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:28 pm

juleesong wrote:
booboo wrote:
juleesong wrote:What does HELD mean?


They want to keep you in the decision pool, but wanted to give you an update on your file.



Big pool. Is there a separate waitlist pool?


Yes.

democrattotheend
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby democrattotheend » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:28 pm

jim9o011 wrote:Held today via snail mail. 173/3.88 and complete on 12/28

Can't say I was too surprised, but it's still disappointing after anxiously following LSN / thread for weeks.

Good luck to all of you fellow applicants in limbo.


Is held the same thing as waitlisted?

I am surprised, and discouraged, if you got waitlisted with 173/3.88. I have 173/3.82 and thought I had at least a decent shot.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 27893
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Kronk » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:29 pm

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby booboo » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:29 pm

democrattotheend wrote:
jim9o011 wrote:Held today via snail mail. 173/3.88 and complete on 12/28

Can't say I was too surprised, but it's still disappointing after anxiously following LSN / thread for weeks.

Good luck to all of you fellow applicants in limbo.


Is held the same thing as waitlisted?

I am surprised, and discouraged, if you got waitlisted with 173/3.88. I have 173/3.82 and thought I had at least a decent shot.


No.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 27893
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Kronk » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:30 pm

democrattotheend wrote:
jim9o011 wrote:Held today via snail mail. 173/3.88 and complete on 12/28

Can't say I was too surprised, but it's still disappointing after anxiously following LSN / thread for weeks.

Good luck to all of you fellow applicants in limbo.


Is held the same thing as waitlisted?

I am surprised, and discouraged, if you got waitlisted with 173/3.88. I have 173/3.82 and thought I had at least a decent shot.


You probably do. A lot of 172 / 3.7 and 171 / 3.8 types have been accepted.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby puppleberry finn » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:31 pm

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby booboo » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:33 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Also, anti-Harvard trolling thanks to memegenerator.

User avatar
$1.99
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby $1.99 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:33 pm

i am surprised 173/3.8's are getting held, CLS's medians are 172/3.7ish, what is going on?

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby puppleberry finn » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:37 pm

Image

User avatar
BaiAilian2013
Posts: 919
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:44 pm

No mail whatsoever for me. Was alarmed by that until I came here. Now don't know what to think. :shock:

User avatar
Musil_the_Muse
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Musil_the_Muse » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:51 pm

I was held a couple of days ago too. In at HY (176/4.07 @ HYP), so I'm not too bummed. I'm confused more than anything else.

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:54 pm

I'm currently in Philadelphia, but my mom got my mail for me - dinged! Oh well, saw it coming.

User avatar
BaiAilian2013
Posts: 919
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:56 pm

Musil_the_Muse wrote:I was held a couple of days ago too. In at HY (176/4.07 @ HYP), so I'm not too bummed. I'm confused more than anything else.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Now I'm alarmed again.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Ca2021, JosefK, potterotter, proteinshake, stratton_oakmont, xn3345 and 13 guests