Columbia 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
$1.99

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby $1.99 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:25 pm

$1.99 reporting for duty, i have still heard nothing from CLS, i am located in the mid south

Joan Hollaway

Postby Joan Hollaway » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:39 pm

Core wrote:
MeasuredOptimism wrote:Got the "Hold" letter in the mail today (in NYC).

172/3.9, not URM. Complete mid-Oct.

Will send an LOCI soon, but nothing spectacular to report.

Looks like I'm in for the long haul: Hold at H and CLS, FR at Boalt

Being held with you makes me feel much better about my chances.

+1

Lmao Zedong

Postby Lmao Zedong » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:49 pm

BaiAilian2013 wrote:Dang Core, sorry man.

<-- would TOTALLY take CLS over HLS. I've wanted to go to Columbia since I was 17, and now even more so because I want to live and work in New York. Also, not that it matters or anything, but Cambridge is basically the same as being stuck in Boston only with better Indian restaurants, and Boston is ridiculously cold, like why do people even live there cold, and there's no cheap shopping or decent dim sum and everyone still wears skinny jeans and thinks tights are the same as pants. And there are like two Starbucks in the whole city, and the good Filene's Basement closed down so now all that's left is the bougie one that doesn't do the discounts based on when the item came in, and it doesn't have the bins full of dirt-cheap Sportsacs that the old one had. Not that that stuff matters. I would still go to Columbia even if stupid Boston had all the Starbucks and cheap Sportsacs in the world.

In summary, please don't yield protect me Columbia!! There is no need!

pretty amazing rant. I agree that you should send it as your LOCI. I'll trade you my CLS acceptance for the HLS one that you're inevitably going to get. deal? I'll also toss in my everlasting <3 <3 <3 on the side

Lmao Zedong

Postby Lmao Zedong » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:53 pm

crackberry wrote:
blue5385 wrote:
crackberry wrote:You're looking at one in V6 (Kronk ... yes I will keep referring to him as V6).

Kronk/V6 (Kronk6?), what was the reason behind the name change?

He's needlessly paranoid.

i don't understand this. how does it protect/preserve your anonymity to change your screen name? it's not like it deletes any of your old posts, it's still all the same shit. what am I missing?

MeasuredOptimism

Postby MeasuredOptimism » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:02 pm

Joan Hollaway wrote:
Core wrote:

+1

I'm thinking parts of my app may be screaming NYU>CLS (TFA, PI focus, address in clear NYU territory...)

Regardless, I'm a median candidate for CLS, so it seems 50/50 for me.

Core

Postby Core » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:12 pm

MeasuredOptimism wrote:
Joan Hollaway wrote:
Core wrote:

+1

I'm thinking parts of my app may be screaming NYU>CLS (TFA, PI focus, address in clear NYU territory...)

Regardless, I'm a median candidate for CLS, so it seems 50/50 for me.

My app was very PI-focused, too. I mentioned CLS's specific PI programs/efforts in my PS & LOCI, so I hope this doesn't detract from my app.

dudester

Postby dudester » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:13 pm

puppleberry finn wrote:attention chain: please report

Empty mailbox

blue5385

Postby blue5385 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:23 pm

Nothing today as usual. But that goes without saying, because if I had actually gotten a VCE, I'd be shouting it from the rooftops in joy.

BaiAilian2013

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:09 am

Tofu wrote:
BaiAilian2013 wrote:Dang Core, sorry man.

<-- would TOTALLY take CLS over HLS. I've wanted to go to Columbia since I was 17, and now even more so because I want to live and work in New York. Also, not that it matters or anything, but Cambridge is basically the same as being stuck in Boston only with better Indian restaurants, and Boston is ridiculously cold, like why do people even live there cold, and there's no cheap shopping or decent dim sum and everyone still wears skinny jeans and thinks tights are the same as pants.

How does NYC's dim sum compare to Hong Kong's? It'd be nice to have access to some delicious har gow and char siu bao on the East Coast!

I am a bad judge on those particular metrics, because I don't eat very much meat and haven't been to Hong Kong. However, in terms of diversity of restaurants, diversity of menu offerings, and tastiness of vegetable-based dishes, I would say New York is the clear leader on the east coast. It also has by far the best vegetarian dim sum (blasphemy and bizarreness, I know), including this one place that has mung bean soup, which I have never seen in another restaurant, which is sad because I can never make mine taste as good. And if one place is undelicious, there are a million others to try.

Nom Sawyer wrote:Just send in this quote as your LOCI BaiAilian... they'll admit you on the spot :D

If I become any more unhinged by this cruel silence, I just might.

GargamelITT wrote: I'll trade you my CLS acceptance for the HLS one that you're inevitably going to get. deal? I'll also toss in my everlasting <3 <3 <3 on the side

God, how I wish we could do this.

booboo wrote:I know I don't know much about you, but all your posts make me really like you. I hope Columbia sends you the VCE soon with kiss on it.

:D You too...

CoaltoNewCastle

Postby CoaltoNewCastle » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:15 am

The Washington DC area has damn good dim sum and Chinese food, arguably better than New York City's. Though maybe I'm wrong. But it absolutely has the best Vietnamese food on the East Coast. Too bad there isn't a top six school in DC. Not that I want to live so close to my parents anyway.

Edit: I want my stupid vomit-covered envelope!

blue5385

Postby blue5385 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:24 am

CoaltoNewCastle wrote:Edit: I want my stupid vomit-covered envelope!

+180. (x 1,000,000).

Tofu

Postby Tofu » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:28 am

BaiAilian2013 wrote:I am a bad judge on those particular metrics, because I don't eat very much meat and haven't been to Hong Kong. However, in terms of diversity of restaurants, diversity of menu offerings, and tastiness of vegetable-based dishes, I would say New York is the clear leader on the east coast. It also has by far the best vegetarian dim sum (blasphemy and bizarreness, I know), including this one place that has mung bean soup, which I have never seen in another restaurant . . . .

Do these restaurants have seafood and/or egg dishes, or are the dishes basically for vegans? I'm guessing that there is a variety of restaurants for this.

Vegetarian dim sum seems sacrilegious, but I am very, very intrigued.

CoaltoNewCastle wrote:The Washington DC area has damn good dim sum and Chinese food, arguably better than New York City's. Though maybe I'm wrong. But it absolutely has the best Vietnamese food on the East Coast. Too bad there isn't a top six school in DC. Not that I want to live so close to my parents anyway.

I guess I have to go visit DC a few times for Vietnamese and maybe Chinese!

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:45 am

CoaltoNewCastle wrote:The Washington DC area has damn good dim sum and Chinese food, arguably better than New York City's. Though maybe I'm wrong. But it absolutely has the best Vietnamese food on the East Coast. Too bad there isn't a top six school in DC. Not that I want to live so close to my parents anyway.

Coalt, was that personal statement u sent me serious?

CoaltoNewCastle

Postby CoaltoNewCastle » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:38 am

TheWire wrote:

Coalt, was that personal statement u sent me serious?

Yup. I had it looked over by a couple other people too. If you think it's going to get me rejected though, I'd rather we didn't discuss it on this board. I don't think this personal statement will hurt me at all; it's just about my background in humor and how I want to go into comedy politics.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:51 am

puppleberry finn wrote:you had to look at the same to see who posted it... so I guess either your short term memory is really bad, or you are just being a jerk.

Ok, puppleberry, I (like Gargamel) have no idea how changing your name affects anything whatsoever. Please explain.

Lmao Zedong

Postby Lmao Zedong » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:09 am

crackberry wrote:
puppleberry finn wrote:you had to look at the same to see who posted it... so I guess either your short term memory is really bad, or you are just being a jerk.

Ok, puppleberry, I (like Gargamel) have no idea how changing your name affects anything whatsoever. Please explain.

where is this written? i don't see pup having this post in this thread.

still curious about this though. i'm also curious how a name change is accomplished, paranoia-induced or otherwise

Tofu

Postby Tofu » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:18 am

GargamelITT wrote:
crackberry wrote:

where is this written? i don't see pup having this post in this thread.

still curious about this though. i'm also curious how a name change is accomplished, paranoia-induced or otherwise

pg 154, near the bottom

Lieut Kaffee

Postby Lieut Kaffee » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:23 am

Come on, CLS. It's not too late for you to write a happy ending to my Cinderella story!

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:27 am

LieutKaffee wrote:Come on, CLS. It's not too late for you to write a happy ending to my Cinderella story!

Damn, you seemed to disappear for awhile...U have any idea how things are going to turn out for u?

Lieut Kaffee

Postby Lieut Kaffee » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:30 am

TheWire wrote:
LieutKaffee wrote:Come on, CLS. It's not too late for you to write a happy ending to my Cinderella story!

Damn, you seemed to disappear for awhile...U have any idea how things are going to turn out for u?

Yeah, I sort of took a hiatus from TLS once I realized I wasn't going to hear from anywhere but NYU in December or January. My Chicago WL yesterday was the first shoe to drop of the rest. I'm expecting to learn my fate at Columbia, Michigan, Northwestern, Virginia, and Georgetown all in the next week or so.

somewhatwayward

Postby somewhatwayward » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:01 am

nvm

$1.99

Postby $1.99 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:36 pm

nothing in the mail still, damn...

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:37 pm

$1.99 wrote:nothing in the mail still, damn...

+1

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:41 pm

It's vomit-covered now? What are they up to at CLS admissions?

...Nothing (from CLS) today.

blue5385

Postby blue5385 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:43 pm

BenJ wrote:

It's vomit-covered now? What are they up to at CLS admissions?

...Nothing (from CLS) today.

As Kronk once said (back when he was V6), 'I'll take the envelope even if it's covered in actual vomit' :)

Nothing for me from CLS today, but it's not mailtime yet so who knows. I'm guessing I won't get anything today either.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”