Columbia 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28159
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Kronk » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:19 pm

lol well played. No energy to photoshop battle you currently but it will come when you least expect it.

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby SanBun » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:24 pm

hey
so i haven't been keeping up with this thread- whats going on with columbia, how come they've barely rejected people? It's kinda shocking, the 7 or so dots on LSN

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby booboo » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:25 pm

SanBun wrote:hey
so i haven't been keeping up with this thread- whats going on with columbia, how come they've barely rejected people? It's kinda shocking, the 7 or so dots on LSN


It's coming and it will be torrential.

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby SanBun » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:26 pm

booboo wrote:
SanBun wrote:hey
so i haven't been keeping up with this thread- whats going on with columbia, how come they've barely rejected people? It's kinda shocking, the 7 or so dots on LSN


It's coming and it will be torrential.


when do we expect it?

MeasuredOptimism
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:39 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby MeasuredOptimism » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:26 pm

Got the "Hold" letter in the mail today (in NYC).

172/3.9, not URM. Complete mid-Oct.

Will send an LOCI soon, but nothing spectacular to report.

Looks like I'm in for the long haul: Hold at H and CLS, FR at Boalt

User avatar
TheWire
Posts: 480
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby TheWire » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:47 pm

MeasuredOptimism wrote:Got the "Hold" letter in the mail today (in NYC).

172/3.9, not URM. Complete mid-Oct.

Will send an LOCI soon, but nothing spectacular to report.

Looks like I'm in for the long haul: Hold at H and CLS, FR at Boalt


+1 At least Boalt is going to get back to us next week when they tell us that we can take a spot on the WL...

User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Core » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:03 pm

Kronk wrote:
crackberry wrote:
blue5385 wrote:
Core wrote:A glance at the '08 deferral thread indicates that "held" applicants really don't hear back until early-mid April. Yikes.


that's a really long time to wait, but you'll feel pretty f-in fantastic when it's an acceptance... :)

Unless he gets into Harvard before that, in which case it will be irrelevant.


Isn't he already in at Stanford? Meaning none of this matters.

No, I wish.

User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Core » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:10 pm

MeasuredOptimism wrote:Got the "Hold" letter in the mail today (in NYC).

172/3.9, not URM. Complete mid-Oct.

Will send an LOCI soon, but nothing spectacular to report.

Looks like I'm in for the long haul: Hold at H and CLS, FR at Boalt

Being held with you makes me feel much better about my chances.

User avatar
BaiAilian2013
Posts: 921
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:12 pm

Dang Core, sorry man.

<-- would TOTALLY take CLS over HLS. I've wanted to go to Columbia since I was 17, and now even more so because I want to live and work in New York. Also, not that it matters or anything, but Cambridge is basically the same as being stuck in Boston only with better Indian restaurants, and Boston is ridiculously cold, like why do people even live there cold, and there's no cheap shopping or decent dim sum and everyone still wears skinny jeans and thinks tights are the same as pants. And there are like two Starbucks in the whole city, and the good Filene's Basement closed down so now all that's left is the bougie one that doesn't do the discounts based on when the item came in, and it doesn't have the bins full of dirt-cheap Sportsacs that the old one had. Not that that stuff matters. I would still go to Columbia even if stupid Boston had all the Starbucks and cheap Sportsacs in the world.

In summary, please don't yield protect me Columbia!! There is no need!

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby crackberry » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:13 pm

Oh yeah also a.shoshana is going to take CLS over HLS for personal reasons (SO in NYC).

User avatar
Nom Sawyer
Posts: 933
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:28 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Nom Sawyer » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:15 pm

BaiAilian2013 wrote:Dang Core, sorry man.

<-- would TOTALLY take CLS over HLS. I've wanted to go to Columbia since I was 17, and now even more so because I want to live and work in New York. Also, not that it matters or anything, but Cambridge is basically the same as being stuck in Boston only with better Indian restaurants, and Boston is ridiculously cold, like why do people even live there cold, and there's no cheap shopping or decent dim sum and everyone still wears skinny jeans and thinks tights are the same as pants. And there are like two Starbucks in the whole city, and the good Filene's Basement closed down so now all that's left is the bougie one that doesn't do the discounts based on when the item came in, and it doesn't have the bins full of dirt-cheap Sportsacs that the old one had. Not that that stuff matters. I would still go to Columbia even if stupid Boston had all the Starbucks and cheap Sportsacs in the world.

In summary, please don't yield protect me Columbia!! There is no need!


Just send in this quote as your LOCI BaiAilian... they'll admit you on the spot :D

User avatar
$1.99
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby $1.99 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:17 pm

hold at HLS and CLS and FR at Boalt has got to be the most painful cycle ive seen on TLS, i know this because i am almost in the exact same position, let's keep our morale up though

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby booboo » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:20 pm

Core wrote:
MeasuredOptimism wrote:Got the "Hold" letter in the mail today (in NYC).

172/3.9, not URM. Complete mid-Oct.

Will send an LOCI soon, but nothing spectacular to report.

Looks like I'm in for the long haul: Hold at H and CLS, FR at Boalt

Being held with you makes me feel much better about my chances.


I thought that this was a bold hold.

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby booboo » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:21 pm

BaiAilian2013 wrote:Dang Core, sorry man.

<-- would TOTALLY take CLS over HLS. I've wanted to go to Columbia since I was 17, and now even more so because I want to live and work in New York. Also, not that it matters or anything, but Cambridge is basically the same as being stuck in Boston only with better Indian restaurants, and Boston is ridiculously cold, like why do people even live there cold, and there's no cheap shopping or decent dim sum and everyone still wears skinny jeans and thinks tights are the same as pants. And there are like two Starbucks in the whole city, and the good Filene's Basement closed down so now all that's left is the bougie one that doesn't do the discounts based on when the item came in, and it doesn't have the bins full of dirt-cheap Sportsacs that the old one had. Not that that stuff matters. I would still go to Columbia even if stupid Boston had all the Starbucks and cheap Sportsacs in the world.

In summary, please don't yield protect me Columbia!! There is no need!


I know I don't know much about you, but all your posts make me really like you. I hope Columbia sends you the VCE soon with kiss on it.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby puppleberry finn » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:21 pm

attention chain: please report

User avatar
Joan Hollaway
Posts: 829
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Joan Hollaway » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:24 pm

hold today, in nyc area, surprised its not a rejection but still :cry: nonetheless
pm if you want stats
Last edited by Joan Hollaway on Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tofu
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Tofu » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:33 pm

BaiAilian2013 wrote:Dang Core, sorry man.

<-- would TOTALLY take CLS over HLS. I've wanted to go to Columbia since I was 17, and now even more so because I want to live and work in New York. Also, not that it matters or anything, but Cambridge is basically the same as being stuck in Boston only with better Indian restaurants, and Boston is ridiculously cold, like why do people even live there cold, and there's no cheap shopping or decent dim sum and everyone still wears skinny jeans and thinks tights are the same as pants.


How does NYC's dim sum compare to Hong Kong's? It'd be nice to have access to some delicious har gow and char siu bao on the East Coast!

DanInALionsDen
Posts: 296
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:00 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby DanInALionsDen » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:50 pm

Complete today, 02/10. Pretty sure I'll be getting a rejection soon.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby crackberry » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:55 pm

DanInALionsDen wrote:Complete today, 02/10. Pretty sure I'll be getting a rejection [strike]soon[/strike] no time in the near future.

Fixed

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby puppleberry finn » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:57 pm

crackberry wrote:
DanInALionsDen wrote:Complete today, 02/10. Pretty sure I'll be getting a rejection [strike]soon[/strike] no time in the near future.

Fixed


seriously, he can wait in line for his rejection. I have been waiting MONTHS.

DanInALionsDen
Posts: 296
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:00 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby DanInALionsDen » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:00 pm

puppleberry finn wrote:
crackberry wrote:
DanInALionsDen wrote:Complete today, 02/10. Pretty sure I'll be getting a rejection [strike]soon[/strike] no time in the near future.

Fixed


seriously, he can wait in line for his rejection. I have been waiting MONTHS.


Haha. Rejection gunners. This is a new breed.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby puppleberry finn » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:02 pm

DanInALionsDen wrote:Haha. Rejection gunners. This is a new breed.


says the man who hasn't been waiting since October for closure.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby crackberry » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:19 pm

puppleberry finn wrote:
DanInALionsDen wrote:Haha. Rejection gunners. This is a new breed.


says the man who hasn't been waiting since [strike]October[/strike] September for closure.

I've got you beat puppins, or whatever your name is now.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby puppleberry finn » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:20 pm

you had to look at the same to see who posted it... so I guess either your short term memory is really bad, or you are just being a jerk.

ferris1127
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:35 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby ferris1127 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:25 pm

Nothing again today 'round these parts. The end of the chain is intact.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”