georgina wrote:blue5385 wrote:This is true for people with outstanding stats, but what are your thoughts on splitters (like myself) who are at/slightly under one 25% and considerably over the other 75% sending in a LOCI? I sincerely doubt I will be scooped up by H and didn't even apply to Y or S. Would it be overkill in my case since they already know I'm not a YP candidate?
not to knock, but just to clarify, the gpa 25% is 3.6, and the lsat 75% is 175. i thought i had a vague impression of your numbers being a pretty even split... but maybe i'm wrong.
anyway, i (splitter) went ahead and sent a LOCI because i had legitimate info to update, and because i can get another rec if i get hold/WL. if you only have one thing left in your app arsenal, i'm with crack in saying you should wait.
I was going off the LSN school stats where it said CLS's 25% GPA was 3.51 and their 75% LSAT was 174. I'm not an extreme splitter, like a 3.0/180, but I don't think my numbers are an even split either. I've only seen 1 other person on here with the same stats this cycle so maybe they're kind of weird numbers? In any case I'm above the LSAT 75%, so hopefully that helps my candidacy.
edit: I don't really have any great updates since I'm out of school now--no new GPA or awards or anything like that to report--I guess I just wanted more to show them that my app is definitely still on my mind and they're one of my top choices. I didn't write a Why CLS with the initial app, so maybe one of those would help also.