Columbia 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:13 pm

puppins wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=97781 prepare for heart attacks sweethearts.


pooped my pants

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:17 pm

From last year:

M51 wrote:
My take: Columbia traditionally has a 3 round "early" decision schedule before their bulk decisions in late January.

1st Round - Some acceptances (the ones they reviewed early presumably). Auto-Admits. Auto-Rejects. This just passed wed.

2nd Round - (traditionally the second week of December, but this year the 1st round was early, so who knows). A mix of Acceptances and Reject/Deferrals.

3rd Round - (right before Christmas) All remaining ED. Mostly rejects at this point with a few deferrals and very few acceptances. This is horrible timing imo and will ruin quite a few X-mases.

Sit tight. The 2nd round's not here yet. You might have reason to be more depressed if the 2nd round passes w/o a word.

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby oneforship » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:21 pm

Prediction: I will be in round 3.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:23 pm

oneforship wrote:Prediction: I will be in round 3.


I was never really expecting to get in from the start. It will help ease the pain.

edit: but I do have to say that the rejection right before Christmas is going to be a sonofabitch.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby puppleberry finn » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:26 pm

Helmholtz wrote:I was never really expecting to get in from the start. It will help ease the pain.

edit: but I do have to say that the rejection right before Christmas is going to be a sonofabitch.


When you get into CLS, I won't have anyone to melodramatically mope with :( I still hope you get in but it will be a rough time for me.

User avatar
Lermontov
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Lermontov » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:41 pm

Not that there's any chance I'd/I'll be in a first batch, because God knows any admittance would be by a whisker, but those acceptance people just made my day.
Scary as it is, I'm glad it's started.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:15 pm


User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:17 pm

Helmholtz wrote:http://lawschoolnumbers.com/blueprint4

If that is any indication, it looks like I woulda been in w/ ED. Hopefully I'm not kicking myself later for going RD instead. Ugh. I guess it was the right decision because I still don't know what school I would like to attend.

User avatar
nateDgr8
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:07 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby nateDgr8 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:21 pm

Got the email an hour ago, my cycle is officially over! Applied ED the first day apps opened, stats in profile. Life is good today!

User avatar
Lmao Zedong
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:10 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Lmao Zedong » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:27 pm

congrats to the admits! man oh man, this is gonna be a fun next couple weeks

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:29 pm

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/nateDgr8

That will make four acceptances that we know about so far.

User avatar
Lermontov
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Lermontov » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:38 pm

For those who've been accepted, because I'm curious, does the email still follow the pdf attachment format, or is it a straight up, in the text, you've been accepted?

User avatar
nateDgr8
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:07 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby nateDgr8 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:44 pm

Lermontov wrote:For those who've been accepted, because I'm curious, does the email still follow the pdf attachment format, or is it a straight up, in the text, you've been accepted?


PDF attachment.

"Dear nateDgr8:

Please find a copy of your Columbia Law School decision letter attached to this email in PDF format. The original letter has also been placed in the mail."

User avatar
rx3r
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby rx3r » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:44 pm

Well, the sender is "Admit" and the subject line is "Columbia Law School".... there's no big surprise when you open that pdf!

User avatar
SanBun
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby SanBun » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:45 pm

nateDgr8 wrote:
Lermontov wrote:For those who've been accepted, because I'm curious, does the email still follow the pdf attachment format, or is it a straight up, in the text, you've been accepted?


PDF attachment.

"Dear nateDgr8:

Please find a copy of your Columbia Law School decision letter attached to this email in PDF format. The original letter has also been placed in the mail."


CONGRATS NATE!! That's so exciting!
Did you status checker change at all?

User avatar
GlobeTrotter
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:45 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby GlobeTrotter » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:47 pm

Well, that's probably it for today, since they all received their acceptances between 2:00-2:20 EST

User avatar
rx3r
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby rx3r » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:48 pm

SanBun wrote:
nateDgr8 wrote:
Lermontov wrote:For those who've been accepted, because I'm curious, does the email still follow the pdf attachment format, or is it a straight up, in the text, you've been accepted?


PDF attachment.

"Dear nateDgr8:

Please find a copy of your Columbia Law School decision letter attached to this email in PDF format. The original letter has also been placed in the mail."


CONGRATS NATE!! That's so exciting!
Did you status checker change at all?


My status checker just says complete... not admitted.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby 02082010 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:50 pm

Congrats all and good luck to those still waiting! I'll be in your shoes in 2-3 weeks when Chicago starts sending out decisions.

User avatar
nateDgr8
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:07 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby nateDgr8 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:51 pm

rx3r wrote:
SanBun wrote:
nateDgr8 wrote:
Lermontov wrote:For those who've been accepted, because I'm curious, does the email still follow the pdf attachment format, or is it a straight up, in the text, you've been accepted?


PDF attachment.

"Dear nateDgr8:

Please find a copy of your Columbia Law School decision letter attached to this email in PDF format. The original letter has also been placed in the mail."


CONGRATS NATE!! That's so exciting!
Did you status checker change at all?


My status checker just says complete... not admitted.


Same

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:51 pm

GlobeTrotter wrote:Well, that's probably it for today, since they all received their acceptances between 2:00-2:20 EST


Agreed. Hell, that might be it for this week.

User avatar
Lermontov
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Lermontov » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:52 pm

GlobeTrotter wrote:Well, that's probably it for today, since they all received their acceptances between 2:00-2:20 EST


Sad that the excitement, so quickly begun, has already ended.
Except for those people that only check their email every few hours, who'll be here crowing around dinnertime...

User avatar
irie
Posts: 325
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 9:50 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby irie » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:55 pm

nateDgr8 wrote:
rx3r wrote:My status checker just says complete... not admitted.


Same



cant log into admitted students site either... at least not with the "My Columbia" username/pw

maybe we'll get another username in the mail or later on?

User avatar
nateDgr8
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:07 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby nateDgr8 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:01 pm

irie wrote:
nateDgr8 wrote:
rx3r wrote:My status checker just says complete... not admitted.


Same



cant log into admitted students site either... at least not with the "My Columbia" username/pw

maybe we'll get another username in the mail or later on?


I just tried as well, no luck. You're probably right on a new user name coming later.

User avatar
superserial
Posts: 376
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:57 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby superserial » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:55 pm

nateDgr8 wrote:
irie wrote:
nateDgr8 wrote:
rx3r wrote:My status checker just says complete... not admitted.


Same



cant log into admitted students site either... at least not with the "My Columbia" username/pw

maybe we'll get another username in the mail or later on?


I just tried as well, no luck. You're probably right on a new user name coming later.


if you guys want our class username/pw for class of 2012 PM me... yours should be almost the same.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:22 pm

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Tofu

5 for today that we know of.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ajoelles, Google Adsense [Bot] and 6 guests