Columbia 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
somewhatwayward
Posts: 1446
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby somewhatwayward » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:14 am

of Benito Cereno wrote:
englawyer wrote:
Sogui wrote:
maudlinstreet wrote:alert! alert! another person updated with an acceptance for today (with a butler? not sure).

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/ef123



Holy shit, she got into Yale but still felt the need to carpet-bomb law schools with applications.


She says it's so she has a better chance of attending grad school with her SO, but JESUS.

(That would be a gut-wrenching decision to walk away from HYS for WUSTL just because her SO is going there.)


+1. he should move to new haven w/ her and start flipping burgers

although i think any relationship is sustainable in the nyc->boston corridor through grad school, and there are a ton of options between the two cities. the transportation is pretty cheap and convenient.

hope so.


two words: bolt bus

User avatar
englawyer
Posts: 1270
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:57 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby englawyer » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:16 am

somewhatwayward wrote:
two words: bolt bus


exactly. they are just cleaning up over fung wah nowadays. internet + power, nice seats, $15. so good :P

User avatar
somewhatwayward
Posts: 1446
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby somewhatwayward » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:18 pm

yeah, and sometimes you can get a ticket for one dollar if you book far in advance or if you're not travelling on a popular day

definitely wayyyyyy better than fung wha (sp?) and greyhound (took it once, AWFUL, never again)

the train is my favorite but given that it costs at least five times as much and lacks the internet, bolt is generally the way to go

mega bus is a bolt competitor that i've heard is good, too

User avatar
coollegemex
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:01 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby coollegemex » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:08 pm

In w/ Hamilton!

Letter dated and postmarked on feb 4th

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby BenJ » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:16 pm

coollegemex wrote:In w/ Hamilton!

Letter dated and postmarked on feb 4th


Wow, congratulations! I thought the Hamiltons were completely done with; they were by this point last year. I guess that means a new wave started at the end of last week... The suspense!

User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Core » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:06 pm

coollegemex wrote:In w/ Hamilton!

Letter dated and postmarked on feb 4th

Congrats. So jealous, but a glance at your LSN page shows you definitely deserve it.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:07 pm

coollegemex wrote:In w/ Hamilton!

Letter dated and postmarked on feb 4th


Splendid although certainly not surprising!

georgina
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby georgina » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:12 pm

coollegemex wrote:In w/ Hamilton!

Letter dated and postmarked on feb 4th


your lsn comment leading up the the acceptance is great. congrats!

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 27893
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Kronk » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:30 pm

Also, it's been far too long since I've been in here, but I just wanted to point something out to Wire:

Nuggets over Lakers, 126-113, in YOUR house, without OUR best player.

HTH!!

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:31 pm

VoidSix wrote:Also, it's been far too long since I've been in here, but I just wanted to point something out to Wire:

Nuggets over Lakers, 126-113, in YOUR house, without OUR best player.

HTH!!


I was wondering why you hadn't mentioned this fact sooner, actually.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 27893
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Kronk » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:33 pm

managamy wrote:
VoidSix wrote:Also, it's been far too long since I've been in here, but I just wanted to point something out to Wire:

Nuggets over Lakers, 126-113, in YOUR house, without OUR best player.

HTH!!


I was wondering why you hadn't mentioned this fact sooner, actually.


In L.A. with the girlfriend and haven't been on TLS until now. But rest assured I was jumping out of my chair at the restaurant that night as Billups showed up Bryant.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:08 pm

VoidSix wrote:
managamy wrote:
VoidSix wrote:Also, it's been far too long since I've been in here, but I just wanted to point something out to Wire:

Nuggets over Lakers, 126-113, in YOUR house, without OUR best player.

HTH!!


I was wondering why you hadn't mentioned this fact sooner, actually.


In L.A. with the girlfriend and haven't been on TLS until now. But rest assured I was jumping out of my chair at the restaurant that night as Billups showed up Bryant.


Much to the irritation of the LA locals in the restaurant, I imagine. :P

Tofu
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Tofu » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:17 pm

we'll see in may ^___^

User avatar
TheWire
Posts: 480
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby TheWire » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:42 pm

Tofu wrote:we'll see in may ^___^


I've been avoiding this thread; Chauncey had a damn good game...

FML

^^But that's what you'll be saying in May V6

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Kretzy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:20 am

coollegemex wrote:In w/ Hamilton!

Letter dated and postmarked on feb 4th


What are your thoughts re: Hamilton vs. SLS vs. HLS?

AND:

VoidSix wrote:Nuggets over Lakers, 126-113, in YOUR house, without OUR best player.

HTH!!


Only Denver team I cheer for. Great game (by our boys).

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 27893
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Kronk » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:24 am

TheWire wrote:
Tofu wrote:we'll see in may ^___^


I've been avoiding this thread; Chauncey had a damn good game...

FML

^^But that's what you'll be saying in May V6


FYI, we're 2-0 vs. LA this season by a total of 39 points. ;) See you in May!

User avatar
TheWire
Posts: 480
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby TheWire » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:41 am

VoidSix wrote:
TheWire wrote:
Tofu wrote:we'll see in may ^___^


I've been avoiding this thread; Chauncey had a damn good game...

FML

^^But that's what you'll be saying in May V6


FYI, we're 2-0 vs. LA this season by a total of 39 points. ;) See you in May!


FYI...The Nuggets have literally lost to 6 out of the 7 current non-playoff bound teams in the West and nearly half of the non-playoff bound teams in the east. Among those, they have losses to Milwaukee, The Clippers, MINNESOTA, Detroit, Philadelphia, and Sacramento.

Moral of the story: they may bring it one night, but they're clearly too stupid to bring it every night. The team is full of idiotic thugs that try to intimidate their way through the NBA season.

Why don't you check the Laker losses this season...How many are against non-playoff bound teams?

Answer: 2...one against The Rockets (a playoff team in the pathetic east) and another against the Giddy Clippers.

Even great teams lose a game here or there to a deserving team...and so, you see the Lakers can't win every game.
Even scrappy teams can win a game when arguably their most valuable player erupts to score double his average...and so, you see Denver was a deserving team on the night in question.

But the better team usually wins in the playoffs...

And so you see, I will "SeE YOU in May!"

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 27893
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Kronk » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:10 am

TheWire wrote:
VoidSix wrote:
TheWire wrote:
Tofu wrote:we'll see in may ^___^


I've been avoiding this thread; Chauncey had a damn good game...

FML

^^But that's what you'll be saying in May V6


FYI, we're 2-0 vs. LA this season by a total of 39 points. ;) See you in May!


FYI...The Nuggets have literally lost to 6 out of the 7 current non-playoff bound teams in the West and nearly half of the non-playoff bound teams in the east. Among those, they have losses to Milwaukee, The Clippers, MINNESOTA, Detroit, Philadelphia, and Sacramento.

Moral of the story: they may bring it one night, but they're clearly too stupid to bring it every night. The team is full of idiotic thugs that try to intimidate their way through the NBA season.

Why don't you check the Laker losses this season...How many are against non-playoff bound teams?

Answer: 2...one against The Rockets (a playoff team in the pathetic east) and another against the Giddy Clippers.

Even great teams lose a game here or there to a deserving team...and so, you see the Lakers can't win every game.
Even scrappy teams can win a game when arguably their most valuable player erupts to score double his average...and so, you see Denver was a deserving team on the night in question.

But the better team usually wins in the playoffs...

And so you see, I will "SeE YOU in May!"



All of that would mean something, except the Nuggets have the best record of any team against .500 competition and better. Yes--better thank the Lakers. HTH.

User avatar
iminlstrick
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby iminlstrick » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:32 am

Is anyone else having a ridiculously difficult time accessing the Admitted Students site? I've tried on a PC with IE using the instructions given, and on a Mac with Chrome/Safari/Firefox -- no luck. I'm tempted to download old school Netscape to see if that even works. Have changed all security settings, etc., nothing!!! Wrar Columbia, let me in!

User avatar
somewhatwayward
Posts: 1446
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby somewhatwayward » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:13 am

^
i didn't have any trouble accessing it, using the instructions in the letter they sent. did you log in to mycolumbialaw first?

User avatar
iminlstrick
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby iminlstrick » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:48 am

^ Yep, have tried everything -- feel as following now:

Dear iminlstrick:

In order to access the CLS Admitted Student site you must:

Either use IE outside your office or IE in your office with changes to your security settings, even though many office computers won't let you change security settings (administrative lock on mine); figure out an alternative browser to use if your computer outside your office doesn't have IE (IE for mac? srsly?!); try your local library's PCs to no avail if office and home computer doesn't work; feel like a total idiot and unworthy of your CLS acceptance.

I am at the last point. Epic life fail? :(

Amelie
Posts: 814
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Amelie » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:03 am

.
Last edited by Amelie on Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

blue5385
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby blue5385 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:18 am

BenJ wrote:
coollegemex wrote:In w/ Hamilton!

Letter dated and postmarked on feb 4th


Wow, congratulations! I thought the Hamiltons were completely done with; they were by this point last year. I guess that means a new wave started at the end of last week... The suspense!


This is actually a little disappointing because now that a new wave has apparently started, I'll probably start worrying about why my mailbox is empty day after day instead of being semi-comforted by the fact that everyone else's is too.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby puppleberry finn » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:20 am

blue5385 wrote:This is actually a little disappointing because now that a new wave has apparently started, I'll probably start worrying about why my mailbox is empty day after day instead of being semi-comforted by the fact that everyone else's is too.


buddy system guys. You can start worrying when I get a letter, I'll start worrying when Kronk gets a letter, he'll start working when bai gets a letter.

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby gahthelaw » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:22 am

puppleberry finn wrote:
blue5385 wrote:This is actually a little disappointing because now that a new wave has apparently started, I'll probably start worrying about why my mailbox is empty day after day instead of being semi-comforted by the fact that everyone else's is too.


buddy system guys. You can start worrying when I get a letter, I'll start worrying when Kronk gets a letter, he'll start working when bai gets a letter.


i'm just going to worry now. it makes for an easier transition to apoplectic later.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, Kaziende, Long shot hero, PDX4343 and 11 guests