Columbia 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
0L Hoping for 1

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:14 am

Helmholtz wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:I'm expecting acceptances to start rolling in any day now. Rejections/deferrals in a couple weeks.

Only ED right? Us RD people have some waiting right?

Yeah, you RD people will probably start hearing back in something like a month and a half.

Thats what I thought. I didnt think I have to be neurotic about Columbia yet.

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:17 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:I'm expecting acceptances to start rolling in any day now. Rejections/deferrals in a couple weeks.

Only ED right? Us RD people have some waiting right?

Yeah, you RD people will probably start hearing back in something like a month and a half.

They have the nicest status checker I have seen. I enjoy checking my status at Columbia. Mass customization at its best.

oneforship

Postby oneforship » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:20 am

Kakarot wrote:They have the nicest status checker I have seen. I enjoy checking my status at Columbia. Mass customization at its best.

I'm glad you enjoy it, because it won't change once it's at complete.

thorntll

Postby thorntll » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:21 am

oneforship wrote:
Kakarot wrote:They have the nicest status checker I have seen. I enjoy checking my status at Columbia. Mass customization at its best.

+1. It feels like they actually took the time to create a website and program that works for them. They even suggest professors I might want to talk to!

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:31 am

thorntll wrote:
oneforship wrote:

+1. It feels like they actually took the time to create a website and program that works for them. They even suggest professors I might want to talk to!

I don't know how I feel about the fact that they suggest professors. It just makes me want Columbia more, when I know that the acceptance rate is a low 15%. Unlikely I will ever actually meet those professors. Just MO.

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:36 am

SanBun wrote:
thorntll wrote:
oneforship wrote:

I don't know how I feel about the fact that they suggest professors. It just makes me want Columbia more, when I know that the acceptance rate is a low 15%. Unlikely I will ever actually meet those professors. Just MO.

i was so convinced that one of those professors was destined to be my bff that i almost emailed him once. thankfully i thought better of it.

oneforship

Postby oneforship » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:37 am

thorntll wrote:They even suggest professors I might want to talk to!

It tells me I might want to talk to some guy name Chirelstein.

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:40 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:Yeah, you RD people will probably start hearing back in something like a month and a half.

I have mid-Jan. marked on my calendar for "begin despairing RE: Columbia"

MeTalkPrettyOneDay

Postby MeTalkPrettyOneDay » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:04 pm

puppins wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:Yeah, you RD people will probably start hearing back in something like a month and a half.

Mid-January? That's early! With your awesome numbers, you might hear back early, but don't panic if you don't. Last year, I went complete on 9/30 (RD) and didn't get in until early March.

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:17 pm

MeTalkPrettyOneDay wrote:
puppins wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:

Mid-January? That's early! With your awesome numbers, you might hear back early, but don't panic if you don't. Last year, I went complete on 9/30 (RD) and didn't get in until early March.

I'm not much for procrastinating though. I think that I should really start despairing RE: Columbia early, get it out of the way, so that late Feb., I can start crying myself to sleep over Yale.

MeTalkPrettyOneDay

Postby MeTalkPrettyOneDay » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:28 pm

puppins wrote:
MeTalkPrettyOneDay wrote:
puppins wrote:I have mid-Jan. marked on my calendar for "begin despairing RE: Columbia"
I'm not much for procrastinating though. I think that I should really start despairing RE: Columbia early, get it out of the way, so that late Feb., I can start crying myself to sleep over Yale.
Well, I suppose that's one approach, but I far prefer procrastinating. :lol: Which reminds me, apparently I have finals coming up... I should get on that.

oneforship

Postby oneforship » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:23 pm

I don't think anyone will get any decisions until Friday. But I will continue to obsess over this even though it's Tuesday. Is something wrong with me?

GlobeTrotter

Postby GlobeTrotter » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:42 pm

Not last year, but in 07 and 06 they received acceptances on the Tues/Weds after Thanksgiving. Then again, they also received acceptances on the Wednesday before thanksgiving in 07 and 08, and we didn't this year (to our knowledge)....but that COULD mean that since they didn't accept people last week they are behind and need to get some acceptances out ASAP. However, going by the actual calendar dates, except for the outliers before Thanksgiving, the acceptances usually start on the 4th or 5th of December, regardless of the day. There has never been an acceptance on Dec. 1, 2, or 3 (to our knowledge). So that would mean Friday for us.

Not that I've really thought about this at all

oneforship

Postby oneforship » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:55 pm

GlobeTrotter wrote:Not last year, but in 07 and 06 they received acceptances on the Tues/Weds after Thanksgiving. Then again, they also received acceptances on the Wednesday before thanksgiving in 07 and 08, and we didn't this year (to our knowledge)....but that COULD mean that since they didn't accept people last week they are behind and need to get some acceptances out ASAP. However, going by the actual calendar dates, except for the outliers before Thanksgiving, the acceptances usually start on the 4th or 5th of December, regardless of the day. There has never been an acceptance on Dec. 1, 2, or 3 (to our knowledge). So that would mean Friday for us.

Does someone have last year's thread handy? What time of day were these decisions coming out....

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:00 pm

oneforship wrote:
GlobeTrotter wrote:Not last year, but in 07 and 06 they received acceptances on the Tues/Weds after Thanksgiving. Then again, they also received acceptances on the Wednesday before thanksgiving in 07 and 08, and we didn't this year (to our knowledge)....but that COULD mean that since they didn't accept people last week they are behind and need to get some acceptances out ASAP. However, going by the actual calendar dates, except for the outliers before Thanksgiving, the acceptances usually start on the 4th or 5th of December, regardless of the day. There has never been an acceptance on Dec. 1, 2, or 3 (to our knowledge). So that would mean Friday for us.

Does someone have last year's thread handy? What time of day were these decisions coming out....

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=48833

There is a 4:30 PM acceptance on page 2.

oneforship

Postby oneforship » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:01 pm

^Helm has that thread bookmarked. :)

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:02 pm

oneforship wrote:^Helm has that thread bookmarked. :)

I just did a title search for Columbia 2012 and there it was but yes, I am neurotic enough to have it bookmarked and have every post of it read.

oneforship

Postby oneforship » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:04 pm

Helmholtz wrote:

I just did a title search for Columbia 2012 and there it was but yes, I am neurotic enough to have it bookmarked and have every post of it read.

Yeah, I never remember what to search for, since this one is titled Columbia 2010.

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:04 pm

Helmholtz wrote:

For some reason, I find your obsession with CLS kinda adorable.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:04 pm

puppins wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:

Hopeless desperation looks good on me.

mochafury

Postby mochafury » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:07 pm

For those of us who didn't apply early in the cycle: If I went complete between now at mid-December...when will I hear back, based on past data?

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:09 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
puppins wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:

Hopeless desperation looks good on me.

all you are missing is a little hard alcohol use and a lost puppy dog face hidden deep beneath your seemingly gruff exterior.

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:11 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=97781 prepare for heart attacks sweethearts.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:12 pm

puppins wrote:all you are missing is a little hard alcohol use and a lost puppy dog face hidden deep beneath your seemingly gruff exterior.

I already have my drunken, vagrant Helm the Ivy League reject facebook profile picture planned.

oneforship

Postby oneforship » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:13 pm

puppins wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=97781 prepare for heart attacks sweethearts.

+1, and so it begins...
Last edited by oneforship on Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”