Columbia 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
APimpNamedSlickback
Posts: 1126
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:33 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:33 pm

dudester wrote:How long has it taken you guys to go complete at Columbia?


i applied on the 13th and still haven't gotten a received e-mail. however, mycolumbia says they've got everything and "completion pending"

i applied ED, is this normal?

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Helmholtz » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:35 pm

talibkweli wrote:
dudester wrote:How long has it taken you guys to go complete at Columbia?


i applied on the 13th and still haven't gotten a received e-mail. however, mycolumbia says they've got everything and "completion pending"

i applied ED, is this normal?


It took me a week and a half to go complete and that was back in early October.

User avatar
Emma.
Posts: 2401
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Emma. » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:37 pm

talibkweli wrote:
dudester wrote:How long has it taken you guys to go complete at Columbia?


i applied on the 13th and still haven't gotten a received e-mail. however, mycolumbia says they've got everything and "completion pending"

i applied ED, is this normal?


I don't know about ED, but I was completion pending for at least 10 days.

APimpNamedSlickback
Posts: 1126
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:33 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:45 pm

emrose wrote:
talibkweli wrote:
dudester wrote:How long has it taken you guys to go complete at Columbia?


i applied on the 13th and still haven't gotten a received e-mail. however, mycolumbia says they've got everything and "completion pending"

i applied ED, is this normal?


I don't know about ED, but I was completion pending for at least 10 days.


this makes sense, as it sounds like everyone and their mothers applied there this cycle. They must be inundated with application materials right now. crap. i should have given the "those of us who are about to die salute you" thing from Gladiator to someone right before sending off my app.

User avatar
gmail
Posts: 1012
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:41 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby gmail » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:24 am

Just a few more weeks and all us ED folks will be in the know. Good luck everyone and stay sane.

User avatar
GlobeTrotter
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:45 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby GlobeTrotter » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:24 am

First batch could be this Wednesday

User avatar
irie
Posts: 325
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 9:50 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby irie » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:28 am

GlobeTrotter wrote:First batch could be this Wednesday


there's only one case of this on LSN, it might be more of a freak outlier than a batch. but i hope you are right :P

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby oneforship » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:29 am

irie wrote:
GlobeTrotter wrote:First batch could be this Wednesday


there's only one case of this on LSN, it might be more of a freak outlier than a batch. but i hope you are right :P


I volunteer to be the outlier this year.

User avatar
GlobeTrotter
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:45 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby GlobeTrotter » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:33 am

oneforship wrote:
irie wrote:
GlobeTrotter wrote:First batch could be this Wednesday


there's only one case of this on LSN, it might be more of a freak outlier than a batch. but i hope you are right :P


I volunteer to be the outlier this year.


Well, on TLS, both last year and the year before, people were admitted on the Wednesday before thanksgiving. I'm not going by the actual date. One can hope, anyway.

User avatar
nattybro
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby nattybro » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:16 pm

Sent mine off this evening; joining the waiting room. Good luck everyone.

User avatar
swc65
Posts: 1003
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:27 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby swc65 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:37 pm

GlobeTrotter wrote:
oneforship wrote:
irie wrote:
GlobeTrotter wrote:First batch could be this Wednesday


there's only one case of this on LSN, it might be more of a freak outlier than a batch. but i hope you are right :P


I volunteer to be the outlier this year.


Well, on TLS, both last year and the year before, people were admitted on the Wednesday before thanksgiving. I'm not going by the actual date. One can hope, anyway.



Thanksgiving is kinda late this year too! So here's hoping.

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby oneforship » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:39 am

Well....do we think any of us EDers will receive some good news today?
Last edited by oneforship on Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

psychomohel
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:02 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby psychomohel » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:41 am

oneforship wrote:Well....do we think anyone will receive some good news today?


I bet some ED people will. After browsing LSN, it seems that us RD folks won't hear until January though.

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby oneforship » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:43 am

psychomohel wrote:
oneforship wrote:Well....do we think anyone will receive some good news today?


I bet some ED people will. After browsing LSN, it seems that us RD folks won't hear until January though.


You're right, I edited my question for clarity.

User avatar
GlobeTrotter
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:45 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby GlobeTrotter » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:16 am

In my dream last night I kept checking my email box like every 5 minutes. Then I got an invitation to join the Class of 2013 facebook group and I was trying to figure out if that meant I had been accepted or what.

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby oneforship » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:26 am

It looks like only one person on LSN last year and two people on LSN in 2007-2008 found out before Thanksgiving. The majority of acceptances began rolling out in December. So we may (most likely will) be waiting it out another week before things start moving.

User avatar
sirchristaylor
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:33 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby sirchristaylor » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:31 am

Helmholtz wrote:What is everybody's LSAT/GPA numbers and home addresses, so I can know who I'm competing against?


Just in case you try to compete with me, I got a 280 on the LSAT and have a 10/4.0 UG GPA from an ancient IVY. :shock:

User avatar
irie
Posts: 325
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 9:50 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby irie » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:58 am

GlobeTrotter wrote:In my dream last night I kept checking my email box like every 5 minutes. Then I got an invitation to join the Class of 2013 facebook group and I was trying to figure out if that meant I had been accepted or what.


rofl.

User avatar
summerschooled
Posts: 267
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:41 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby summerschooled » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:26 am

Submitted my RD application a month ago... just joining the waiting room.

Oban
Posts: 717
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Oban » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:17 pm

i doubt anyone will hear back today given the surge in applicants.

I'll let you guys know when i get my rejection :D

APimpNamedSlickback
Posts: 1126
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:33 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:21 pm

i'm really just in this thing to make history....i want to be the last ED applicant to go complete and the first one rejected. my fingers remain crossed.

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby oneforship » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:28 pm

talibkweli wrote:i'm really just in this thing to make history....i want to be the last ED applicant to go complete and the first one rejected. my fingers remain crossed.


I lol'ed

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby GeePee » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:47 pm

Commence Neurosis... I just submitted my Columbia Law Application, only to realize right afterward that my Resume and P.S. were not properly attached (I didn't scroll all the way through my application preview, just checked my first page over again for transcription errors.

Not sure how they're going to handle this process, but it's gonna bug me for a while now.

rrd8823
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:36 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby rrd8823 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:51 pm

Almost December....

APimpNamedSlickback
Posts: 1126
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:33 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:55 pm

By the end of next week, the first set of decisions should begin coming out. oh god.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, cyclawps, dasq5511, Harry Ass Truman, Houzy, jtawil, kvnrogers, lg77, SuperAverageJoe, XUMickeal and 20 guests