Columbia 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
somewhatwayward
Posts: 1446
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby somewhatwayward » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:53 pm

when'd you get the binder? i won't be home until the weekend so i don't know if i've received it yet i can't even access the website right now ahhhhhhhhh


i got the "binder" (it's not exactly a binder?), but i live in nyc. even though i am thrilled about CLS, it wasn't particularly exciting. there's no postmark, so i don't know when it was sent.

blue5385
Posts: 895
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:23 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby blue5385 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:54 pm

.
Last edited by blue5385 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28174
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Kronk » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:56 pm

blue5385 wrote:
VoidSix wrote:
blue5385 wrote:sigh...I'd take the envelope if I could get it, [strike]no matter how disgusting or vomit-colored it is[/strike] even if it was covered in actual vomit


FTFY


+1. Thanks, V6.


No prob.

User avatar
neimanmarxist
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:41 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby neimanmarxist » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:57 pm

blue5385 wrote:
VoidSix wrote:
blue5385 wrote:sigh...I'd take the envelope if I could get it, [strike]no matter how disgusting or vomit-colored it is[/strike] even if it was covered in actual vomit


FTFY


+1. Thanks, V6.


+2 here.

Lysis
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Lysis » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:48 pm

In with Butler! Postmark 1/26, and even though my grade request was technically a couple of weeks ago, I know for a fact they don't have my official transcript yet.

This makes things difficult. (Good difficult, of course :) )

owhlcn
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby owhlcn » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:48 pm

Lysis wrote:In with Butler! Postmark 1/26, and even though my grade request was technically a couple of weeks ago, I know for a fact they don't have my official transcript yet.

This makes things difficult. (Good difficult, of course :) )


unsurprising. congrats :D

Lysis
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Lysis » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:53 pm

owhlcn wrote:
Lysis wrote:In with Butler! Postmark 1/26, and even though my grade request was technically a couple of weeks ago, I know for a fact they don't have my official transcript yet.

This makes things difficult. (Good difficult, of course :) )


unsurprising. congrats :D


Thanks! Congrats to you as well!

User avatar
watts
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 12:34 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby watts » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:00 pm

Anybody in the middle west get poop envelope?

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby crackberry » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:06 pm

watts wrote:Anybody in the middle west get poop envelope?

Or the West Coast?

User avatar
violaboy
Posts: 417
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:02 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby violaboy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:10 pm

watts wrote:Anybody in the middle west get poop envelope?


+1 Mountain west seems to SLOW

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Kretzy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:20 pm

Lysis wrote:In with Butler! Postmark 1/26, and even though my grade request was technically a couple of weeks ago, I know for a fact they don't have my official transcript yet.

This makes things difficult. (Good difficult, of course :) )


Congrats!

User avatar
tomhobbes
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby tomhobbes » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:55 pm

Posted this in the "In at Columbia" thread, but now that I think of it, it has more relevance to this one:

If anyone's interested, I did a pretty quick analysis of LSN to see how many Hamiltons and Butlers went out every year.

2010 cycle: 14 Hamiltons 8 Butlers
2009 cycle: 14 Hamiltons 17 Butlers
2008 cycle: 12 Hamiltons 17 Butlers
2007 cycle: 24 Hamiltons 4 Butlers
2006 cycle: 11 Hamiltons 8 Butlers

Based on this, you could tentatively conclude that there's not many more Hamiltons going out, but there are a bunch of Butlers still waiting. It seems like they deliberately cut Butlers in favor of more Hamiltons during the 06-07 cycle, then decided to go back to the old way of doing things.

Based on this information, and random anecdotes from other threads, my guess is that 50-70 Hamiltons are awarded every year, and that Butlers are only slightly more common.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28174
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Kronk » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:18 pm

Still no CLS envelope. Lost the extra LOR I was going to send in what I then considered to be the off-chance I got held or WLed. Contemplating shedding a tear. Taking questions.

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Sauer Grapes » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:38 pm

....
Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
grrrstick
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:58 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby grrrstick » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:48 pm

VoidSix wrote:Still no CLS envelope. Lost the extra LOR I was going to send in what I then considered to be the off-chance I got held or WLed. Contemplating shedding a tear. Taking questions.


You make me feel better for not getting one either. Oh well, hopefully they are going to send out some more this wave.

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby GeePee » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:53 pm

Hmm I have a big envelope waiting for me to pick up tomorrow morning. Is it wrong to hope for a Hamilton?

User avatar
scribelaw
Posts: 771
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby scribelaw » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:56 pm

tomhobbes wrote:Posted this in the "In at Columbia" thread, but now that I think of it, it has more relevance to this one:

If anyone's interested, I did a pretty quick analysis of LSN to see how many Hamiltons and Butlers went out every year.

2010 cycle: 14 Hamiltons 8 Butlers
2009 cycle: 14 Hamiltons 17 Butlers
2008 cycle: 12 Hamiltons 17 Butlers
2007 cycle: 24 Hamiltons 4 Butlers
2006 cycle: 11 Hamiltons 8 Butlers

Based on this, you could tentatively conclude that there's not many more Hamiltons going out, but there are a bunch of Butlers still waiting. It seems like they deliberately cut Butlers in favor of more Hamiltons during the 06-07 cycle, then decided to go back to the old way of doing things.

Based on this information, and random anecdotes from other threads, my guess is that 50-70 Hamiltons are awarded every year, and that Butlers are only slightly more common.


Did you happen to do LSAT/GPA medians in your analysis?

User avatar
tomhobbes
Posts: 455
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby tomhobbes » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:59 pm

scribelaw wrote:
tomhobbes wrote:Posted this in the "In at Columbia" thread, but now that I think of it, it has more relevance to this one:

If anyone's interested, I did a pretty quick analysis of LSN to see how many Hamiltons and Butlers went out every year.

2010 cycle: 14 Hamiltons 8 Butlers
2009 cycle: 14 Hamiltons 17 Butlers
2008 cycle: 12 Hamiltons 17 Butlers
2007 cycle: 24 Hamiltons 4 Butlers
2006 cycle: 11 Hamiltons 8 Butlers

Based on this, you could tentatively conclude that there's not many more Hamiltons going out, but there are a bunch of Butlers still waiting. It seems like they deliberately cut Butlers in favor of more Hamiltons during the 06-07 cycle, then decided to go back to the old way of doing things.

Based on this information, and random anecdotes from other threads, my guess is that 50-70 Hamiltons are awarded every year, and that Butlers are only slightly more common.


Did you happen to do LSAT/GPA medians in your analysis?


Although that would be good information to have, I'm far too lazy to find it. I did happen to notice that there seem to be strict GPA cutoffs for the Hamilton. Even with a 180, if you're below a 3.8, I wouldn't count on it.

User avatar
babaghanouj
Posts: 278
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby babaghanouj » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:50 pm

GeePee wrote:Hmm I have a big envelope waiting for me to pick up tomorrow morning. Is it wrong to hope for a Hamilton?

Hope for a Butler; be pleasantly surprised with a Hamilton.

User avatar
BaiAilian2013
Posts: 921
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:05 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:55 pm

owhlcn wrote:
irie wrote:
BaiAilian2013 wrote:OMG I'M ALL ALONEEEE!!! :cry: But yes, hopefully this is some comfort to others. My index is 4.7 btw.

P.S. VoidSix, here's the no-A, no-I version: 白爱莲.

P.P.S. Nervous and sob-filled congrats to everyone.


relax Bai, considering your numbers the admissions office is probably busy trying to scrape together enough money and incentives to entice you to come.


+ a lot, you're my #s twin except with a better LSAT and i'm sure better softs, i'd be shocked if you weren't in.

Sigh. Thanks guys. Hah, I hope you're right about them scraping money together for me! :D Owhlcn, you must be really down on your softs if you assume mine are better. :-p

User avatar
CoaltoNewCastle
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:40 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby CoaltoNewCastle » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:00 pm

tomhobbes wrote:
Although that would be good information to have, I'm far too lazy to find it. I did happen to notice that there seem to be strict GPA cutoffs for the Hamilton. Even with a 180, if you're below a 3.8, I wouldn't count on it.


Oy, I wish I had worked a little harder in college. Anyway my parents still haven't gotten anything in the mail. Hopefully tomorrow.

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:30 am

Nothing here, either. My index is 4.46. I've been expecting a WL since I applied, but I wouldn't mind being surprised.

User avatar
maudlinstreet
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby maudlinstreet » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:45 am

JollyGreenGiant wrote:Nothing here, either. My index is 4.46. I've been expecting a WL since I applied, but I wouldn't mind being surprised.

why would you expect a waitlist with such a high index?

User avatar
englawyer
Posts: 1270
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:57 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby englawyer » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:31 am

4.475 here, no news.

CanadianEH
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:47 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby CanadianEH » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:55 am

4.5 index, splitter-ish. Still no word, although I applied after getting my Dec. LSAT score.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests