Columbia 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby crackberry » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:08 pm

Wow, I'll tell you what, it actually defies comprehension how everyone in all corners of the country managed to get their letters yesterday. I realize it's only 2 on the East Coast and 11 on the West Coast, so more people could report today, but by this time yesterday there'd been a lot of acceptances.

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby GeePee » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:15 pm

I was hoping to sneak into this first batch but since I was only asked for grades last Wednesday, it looks like it might be a while...

User avatar
MF248
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:25 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby MF248 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:16 pm

blue5385 wrote:
MF248 wrote:Anyone in the Chicago area receive a letter yet?

I'm borderline at best, so it's not like its a question of when an acceptance is coming, but for some reason I'm still pretty anxious this week.


you need some more optimism, numbers twin... I'm hoping Columbia bites because of the LSAT score in spite of the low GPA


Shocking to hear I have a numbers twin.... I truly feel like I'm in no man's land.

Maybe my GPA addendum & everything else in the app will help.

User avatar
lsathalon
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby lsathalon » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:21 pm

GeePee wrote:I was hoping to sneak into this first batch but since I was only asked for grades last Wednesday, it looks like it might be a while...


+1...I really tried to be optimistic, but it would be incredibly quick turnaround.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 27893
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Kronk » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:28 pm

crackberry wrote:Wow, I'll tell you what, it actually defies comprehension how everyone in all corners of the country managed to get their letters yesterday. I realize it's only 2 on the East Coast and 11 on the West Coast, so more people could report today, but by this time yesterday there'd been a lot of acceptances.


My mail doesn't come until like 4:30mst. But yeah, I'm worried. Although like I said in the previous page, I looked at LSN and there were acceptances pretty much every day or every other day after the first big wave, so it's possible Columbia put another batch in the mail yesterday.

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby gahthelaw » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:29 pm

VoidSix wrote:
crackberry wrote:Wow, I'll tell you what, it actually defies comprehension how everyone in all corners of the country managed to get their letters yesterday. I realize it's only 2 on the East Coast and 11 on the West Coast, so more people could report today, but by this time yesterday there'd been a lot of acceptances.


My mail doesn't come until like 4:30mst. But yeah, I'm worried. Although like I said in the previous page, I looked at LSN and there were acceptances pretty much every day or every other day after the first big wave, so it's possible Columbia put another batch in the mail yesterday.


i really hope so, becuase my mail comes around 11.

CordeliusX
Posts: 251
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:48 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby CordeliusX » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:47 pm

I am officially worried :?

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Holly Golightly » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:48 pm

I'm convinced someone at Columbia got my email (and follow-up yesterday), opened my file, looked at my GPA, laughed, and hit delete.

Either that, or they read this board and are enjoying my misery. :?

User avatar
theadw
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:05 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby theadw » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:49 pm

agentzer0 wrote:
theadw wrote:
LDC wrote:
theadw wrote:In.

Accurate numbers are on LSN under the same username; PM me with any questions.



Congrats!!

When did you go complete?



I submitted on 11/4, but only went complete on 12/15.

Like others, 1/22 postmark; unlike some others, I live in DC, so 1-2 days via USPS.


When did you get yours? DC here as well, hoping for something when I get home from work today


Don't know, actually -- I was gone all weekend, and it was there when I came home late Monday. Good luck!

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby crackberry » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:51 pm

Wow, so officially no one on TLS has heard today.

You can't make this stuff up, folks.

lz06
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby lz06 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:55 pm

crackberry wrote:Wow, so officially no one on TLS has heard today.

You can't make this stuff up, folks.


? People got letters today

georgina
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby georgina » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:58 pm

lz06 wrote:
crackberry wrote:Wow, so officially no one on TLS has heard today.

You can't make this stuff up, folks.


? People got letters today


is that a question? i think the 2 posters from earlier both actually heard yesterday and only posted today. but, this from lsn today: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/halieras

lz06
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:41 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby lz06 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:01 pm

georgina wrote:
lz06 wrote:
crackberry wrote:Wow, so officially no one on TLS has heard today.

You can't make this stuff up, folks.


? People got letters today


is that a question? i think the 2 posters from earlier both actually heard yesterday and only posted today. but, this from lsn today: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/halieras


Oh I see. Well I haven't checked my mailbox today so I still have hope! My NYU letter took 3 days so I'm hoping this is the same..

georgina
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby georgina » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:12 pm

lz06 wrote:
Oh I see. Well I haven't checked my mailbox today so I still have hope! My NYU letter took 3 days so I'm hoping this is the same..


i'm still hopeful too! even though my nyu letter arrived the monday after friday mailings, and i got an info request last week...

lawyering
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:27 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby lawyering » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:02 pm

I'm in--got the letter yesterday!!

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby kittenmittons » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:20 pm

Acceptance letter arrived today (Texas)

georgina
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby georgina » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:22 pm

kittenmittons wrote:Acceptance letter arrived today (Texas)


oh thank you for ending the dry spell. back to hoping. and congrats!

aad
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:49 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby aad » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:22 pm

My mailman never made a delivery today...... maybe he stole my acceptance letter? i sure hope that's why haha

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 27893
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Kronk » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:24 pm

kittenmittons wrote:Acceptance letter arrived today (Texas)


Congrats! I'm kicking you off the BP.

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby kittenmittons » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:25 pm

VoidSix wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:Acceptance letter arrived today (Texas)


Congrats! I'm kicking you off the BP.


It's not like I'll have a job when I graduate

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 27893
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Kronk » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:26 pm

kittenmittons wrote:
VoidSix wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:Acceptance letter arrived today (Texas)


Congrats! I'm kicking you off the BP.


It's not like I'll have a job when I graduate


Sending you a deflating lifeboat now. CLS > UT for you?

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby kittenmittons » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:27 pm

VoidSix wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:
VoidSix wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:Acceptance letter arrived today (Texas)


Congrats! I'm kicking you off the BP.


It's not like I'll have a job when I graduate


Sending you a deflating lifeboat now. CLS > UT for you?


Depends on $, but probably not

User avatar
CoaltoNewCastle
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:40 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby CoaltoNewCastle » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:17 pm

My parents in Maryland didn't get anything today. Oh, well. Reading this board is making me so antsy. I hope it comes soon and it comes with the promise of no debt.

User avatar
iminlstrick
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby iminlstrick » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:16 pm

In (Chicago-Area) via snail mail today!!!!! HOLY HELL THIS IS ME FREAKING OUT!!!!!

User avatar
babaghanouj
Posts: 278
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby babaghanouj » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:35 pm

iminlstrick wrote:In (Chicago-Area) via snail mail today!!!!! HOLY HELL THIS IS ME FREAKING OUT!!!!!

Congrats!! :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, tinafeyclone and 5 guests