Columbia 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
scribelaw
Posts: 771
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby scribelaw » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:30 am

Got my complete e-mail today!

Edit: And I'm a post-December LSAT applicant. Columbia was quicker than NYU and Chicago.

User avatar
Core
Posts: 977
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:09 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Core » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:42 am

WhiskeyGuy wrote:Hey everyone! Does anyone have word on acceptances?

Yes, but we won't share the word with you.

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby gahthelaw » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:43 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:figured i'd kick it off this morning...

BUT WHEN ARE WE GOING TO HEAR BACK?


Dear Gahthelaw,

The Admissions Committee at Columbia University has congregated over the past few months and has reached a decision on your file. In fact, we have made decisions on all of the files to date. Unfortunately, due to the recession, we forgot to pay our phone bill so we cannot call those accepted. Therefore, we will not be having a Class of 2013. Thank you for all of the hard work you put into your application. I hope you have a great law school experience, it just wont be at this law school.

Sincereley,

Columbia Law Admissions


i lol'ed

User avatar
mochafury
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:32 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby mochafury » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:43 am

Congratulations, get in line champ. "Complete" at CLS doesn't mean quite what it does at other places in terms of a timeframe. You're waiting until the ides of March, in my humble estimation.

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Kretzy » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:58 am

gahthelaw wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:figured i'd kick it off this morning...

BUT WHEN ARE WE GOING TO HEAR BACK?


Dear Gahthelaw,

The Admissions Committee at Columbia University has congregated over the past few months and has reached a decision on your file. In fact, we have made decisions on all of the files to date. Unfortunately, due to the recession, we forgot to pay our phone bill so we cannot call those accepted. Therefore, we will not be having a Class of 2013. Thank you for all of the hard work you put into your application. I hope you have a great law school experience, it just wont be at this law school.

Sincereley,

Columbia Law Admissions


i lol'ed


0L's wit and verve better get him into one of HYS.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:12 pm

Kretzy wrote:
0L's wit and verve better get him into one of HYS.


I like the way you think. The only one left is Stanford, which is my all time favorite, so hopefully they accept me!

User avatar
somewhatwayward
Posts: 1446
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby somewhatwayward » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:50 pm

all those people on LSN from last year who have 1/22 as their decision day, was that the day the letter was dated? does the status checker change when the decision's mailed?

User avatar
babaghanouj
Posts: 278
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby babaghanouj » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:54 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:all those people on LSN from last year who have 1/22 as their decision day, was that the day the letter was dated? does the status checker change when the decision's mailed?

Yeah, I think the letters were sent 1/22. Some of those people might be international applicants since they find out first (they get an email when their letters are sent). I don't think the status checker changes.

bball999
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:02 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby bball999 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:39 pm

Hey all... I applied to Columbia on 12/28, went complete 1/5, and made the "my columbia" status thing and all that jazz. Today, over two weeks later, they emailed me to thank me for making a "my columbia" account. Why the delay? Did anyone else have this?

User avatar
maudlinstreet
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby maudlinstreet » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:42 pm

bball999 wrote:Hey all... I applied to Columbia on 12/28, went complete 1/5, and made the "my columbia" status thing and all that jazz. Today, over two weeks later, they emailed me to thank me for making a "my columbia" account. Why the delay? Did anyone else have this?

haha, it just takes them a little whiles to e-mail you and thank you. it also took them a while to e-mail me after I made mine...

lawyerlover
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:55 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby lawyerlover » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:45 pm

bball999 wrote:Hey all... I applied to Columbia on 12/28, went complete 1/5, and made the "my columbia" status thing and all that jazz. Today, over two weeks later, they emailed me to thank me for making a "my columbia" account. Why the delay? Did anyone else have this?



I also got this today and I applied and went complete in november. and created my account in december.... huge delay

Polka
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:19 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Polka » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:48 pm

I got that today as well. I am guessing it is a batch thing they send out. Freaked me out a bit.



edited it to that to prevent further freakouts
Last edited by Polka on Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
UrbanAchievers
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:02 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby UrbanAchievers » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:51 pm

bball999 wrote:Hey all... I applied to Columbia on 12/28, went complete 1/5, and made the "my columbia" status thing and all that jazz. Today, over two weeks later, they emailed me to thank me for making a "my columbia" account. Why the delay? Did anyone else have this?


Nope. You're screwed.

User avatar
Holly Golightly
Posts: 4618
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:30 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Holly Golightly » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:54 pm

I got that email today, too. haha

User avatar
wackjickham
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby wackjickham » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:05 pm

Polka wrote:I got in today as well. I am guessing it is a batch thing they send out. Freaked me out a bit.


I freaked out because this is what I thought you said when I first read it.

User avatar
lsathalon
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby lsathalon » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:11 pm

wackjickham wrote:
Polka wrote:I got in today as well. I am guessing it is a batch thing they send out. Freaked me out a bit.


I freaked out because this is what I thought you said when I first read it.


+1

User avatar
babaghanouj
Posts: 278
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby babaghanouj » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:47 pm

wackjickham wrote:
Polka wrote:I got in today as well. I am guessing it is a batch thing they send out. Freaked me out a bit.


I freaked out because this is what I thought you said when I first read it.

I freaked out because of what you just quoted...

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby gahthelaw » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:49 pm

i freaked out because... (wait for it)

HAS ANYONE HEARD FROM COLUMBIA YET

User avatar
babaghanouj
Posts: 278
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby babaghanouj » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:02 pm

gahthelaw wrote:i freaked out because... (wait for it)

HAS ANYONE HEARD FROM COLUMBIA YET

I HAVEn't HEARD FROM COLUMBIA TODAY

User avatar
wackjickham
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby wackjickham » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:10 pm

babaghanouj wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:i freaked out because... (wait for it)

HAS ANYONE HEARD FROM COLUMBIA YET

I HAVEn't HEARD FROM COLUMBIA TODAY


I GOT AN EMAIL FROM COLUMBIA AND BY COLUMBIA I MEAN AMAZON.COM

RULE 39. ANYONE?

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby stratocophic » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:17 pm

wackjickham wrote:
babaghanouj wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:i freaked out because... (wait for it)

HAS ANYONE HEARD FROM COLUMBIA YET

I HAVEn't HEARD FROM COLUMBIA TODAY


I GOT AN EMAIL FROM COLUMBIA AND BY COLUMBIA I MEAN AMAZON.COM

RULE 39. ANYONE?


Oh gross. Didn't know Amazon was into that kind of stuff :shock: Columbia'd better not be or else I'll be withdrawing shortly.

User avatar
wackjickham
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 4:03 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby wackjickham » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:34 pm

barrinmb wrote:
wackjickham wrote:
babaghanouj wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:i freaked out because... (wait for it)

HAS ANYONE HEARD FROM COLUMBIA YET

I HAVEn't HEARD FROM COLUMBIA TODAY


I GOT AN EMAIL FROM COLUMBIA AND BY COLUMBIA I MEAN AMAZON.COM

RULE 39. ANYONE?


Oh gross. Didn't know Amazon was into that kind of stuff :shock: Columbia'd better not be or else I'll be withdrawing shortly.


Whoops. I was referring to this list:
--LinkRemoved--

User avatar
lsathalon
Posts: 216
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby lsathalon » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:11 pm

I just got a fall grade request from Columbia....I really hoped that the request wasn't coming, seeing as it is late January. And now I might not be in the first group to hear from them, too! Oh the anxiety...

shadowedhero
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:46 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby shadowedhero » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:23 pm

lsathalon wrote:I just got a fall grade request from Columbia....I really hoped that the request wasn't coming, seeing as it is late January. And now I might not be in the first group to hear from them, too! Oh the anxiety...


Just got that too, looks like no decision in 2 days for us!

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby stratocophic » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:48 pm

:lol: I figured it had to be something else. I blame Google.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”