Columbia 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
monkeygirl

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby monkeygirl » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:18 pm

psychomohel wrote:
babaghanouj wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:
psychomohel wrote:Well at least that means they are RD folks by email this year, assuming its true.

true. if they'll WL you via email, they'll admit you via email too prob.

Or maybe they just don't want to waste resources on snail mail for non-admits.

Since both of our guesses are almost equally baseless, I'm going to disregard yours because it is easier for me to obsessively check my email than it is to check my snail mail.

pschomohel, you make me LOL.

I just refreshed my gmail about six times, BTW. :roll:

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:27 pm

Just received an e-mail asking for fall semester grades. Pretty happy they didn't outright waitlist or reject me!

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:28 pm

it makes me nervous that they are obviously sitting there right now going 'reject.' 'waitlist.' 'ask for grades.' 'whatever.'

gossipgirl

Postby gossipgirl » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:29 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:Just received an e-mail asking for fall semester grades. Pretty happy they didn't outright waitlist or reject me!

+1

babaghanouj

Postby babaghanouj » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:34 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:Just received an e-mail asking for fall semester grades. Pretty happy they didn't outright waitlist or reject me!

Um...you're in at yale...you know, just in case you forgot

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:36 pm

Hmm. Yale.

Enough said.

nixxers

Postby nixxers » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:39 pm

crackberry wrote:

Hmm. Yale.

Enough said.

lol

crackberry you're all over these boards today! i keep refreshing my "view your posts" page waiting for chicago updates (in a completely normal, not obsessive, not weird way...) and there you are. bored of winter break yet? ^_^

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:43 pm

nixxers wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Hmm. Yale.

Enough said.

lol

crackberry you're all over these boards today! i keep refreshing my "view your posts" page waiting for chicago updates (in a completely normal, not obsessive, not weird way...) and there you are. bored of winter break yet? ^_^

Haha I'm not in school anymore. Just bored at work.

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:44 pm

crackberry wrote:

Hmm. Yale.

Enough said.

Doesn't mean that I don't want to feel the love from the schools I spent months applying to :oops:

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:36 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Hmm. Yale.

Enough said.

Doesn't mean that I don't want to feel the love from the schools I spent months applying to :oops:

I think we're all guilty of that. Still, the amount of sorrow I will feel for you if you do not get accepted to Columbia = the amount of sorrow people should feel for me if I do not get accepted to Columbia: zero.

Also, ps, Fuck Cal.

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:40 pm

crackberry wrote:I think we're all guilty of that. Still, the amount of sorrow I will feel for you if you do not get accepted to Columbia = the amount of sorrow people should feel for me if I do not get accepted to Columbia: zero.

Also, ps, Fuck Cal.

Not saying that I want people to feel sorry for me -- I couldn't be happier with how my cycle's gone. I was just saying that I'm happy that they want to see my fall grades. I don't think it's crazy that I would rather be accepted than rejected...

Also, you know Cal's awesome. Don't even play that card :D

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:44 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:Also, you know Cal's awesome. Don't even play that card :D

Pun intended?

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:02 pm

crackberry wrote:

Pun intended?

Maybe :wink:

mochafury

Postby mochafury » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:29 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Pun intended?

Maybe :wink:

If by "awesome," you mean "bankrupt," then yes. Cal is awesome.

Prospects going forward are Bearish. Ooh.

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:31 pm

mochafury wrote:If by "awesome," you mean "bankrupt," then yes. Cal is awesome.

Prospects going forward are Bearish. Ooh.

Oh snaps.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:04 pm

Go Cardinal.

Kiersten1985

Postby Kiersten1985 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:09 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
crackberry wrote:I think we're all guilty of that. Still, the amount of sorrow I will feel for you if you do not get accepted to Columbia = the amount of sorrow people should feel for me if I do not get accepted to Columbia: zero.

Also, ps, Fuck Cal.

Not saying that I want people to feel sorry for me -- I couldn't be happier with how my cycle's gone. I was just saying that I'm happy that they want to see my fall grades. I don't think it's crazy that I would rather be accepted than rejected...

Also, you know Cal's awesome. Don't even play that card :D

If you're holding out for money, etc. then that's fine. I just hope you're not waiting to hear back just so you can have more acceptances, though. If you know you're definitely going somewhere (*cough*YALE*cough*) then the nice thing to do would be to withdraw from the rest of your schools so other people can get in.

Congrats on an awesome cycle so far, though :)

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:15 pm

Kiersten1985 wrote:If you're holding out for money, etc. then that's fine. I just hope you're not waiting to hear back just so you can have more acceptances, though. If you know you're definitely going somewhere (*cough*YALE*cough*) then the nice thing to do would be to withdraw from the rest of your schools so other people can get in.

Not anywhere near ready to make a decision. Yale is definitely one of my top choices, but I need to visit all of these schools before I can commit. As a Cali boy, I have no idea what I would be getting myself into if I went East =O

Also, I hoping to hear back from schools about scholarships.

Also also, roll on you bears!

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:21 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
Kiersten1985 wrote:If you're holding out for money, etc. then that's fine. I just hope you're not waiting to hear back just so you can have more acceptances, though. If you know you're definitely going somewhere (*cough*YALE*cough*) then the nice thing to do would be to withdraw from the rest of your schools so other people can get in.

Not anywhere near ready to make a decision. Yale is definitely one of my top choices, but I need to visit all of these schools before I can commit. As a Cali boy, I have no idea what I would be getting myself into if I went East =O

Also, I hoping to hear back from schools about scholarships.

Also also, roll on you bears!

As a real life friend of BioEBear2010 (as opposed to TLS friend), I was personally beat his ass up and down if he doesn't matriculate to YALE. With this being said, I have NO doubt that an ass-kicking will not be needed. i.e., he's smart enough to get into yale so he's not dumb enough to decline their offer of admission

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:24 pm

TheWire wrote:As a real life friend of BioEBear2010 (as opposed to TLS friend), I was personally beat his ass up and down if he doesn't matriculate to YALE. With this being said, I have NO doubt that an ass-kicking will not be needed. i.e., he's smart enough to get into yale so he's not dumb enough to decline their offer of admission

How many people turn down Yale every year? Not like defer admission or decide not to go to law school. How many turn down Yale for another school? Does anyone know?

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:29 pm

crackberry wrote:
TheWire wrote:As a real life friend of BioEBear2010 (as opposed to TLS friend), I was personally beat his ass up and down if he doesn't matriculate to YALE. With this being said, I have NO doubt that an ass-kicking will not be needed. i.e., he's smart enough to get into yale so he's not dumb enough to decline their offer of admission

How many people turn down Yale every year? Not like defer admission or decide not to go to law school. How many turn down Yale for another school? Does anyone know?

don't they have something like a 75% yield? I doubt most of that 25% is deciding not to go to law school, and I think deferring still accepts their offer

TheWire

Postby TheWire » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:30 pm

crackberry wrote:

I'm not sure on your exact question but I believe bioE said that the admissions packet says over 80% of acceptances matriculate...so more than that at least

MY FILES!

Postby MY FILES! » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:32 pm

Anyone else just submit their app this month? I feel like a bum.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:32 pm

TheWire wrote:
crackberry wrote:

I'm not sure on your exact question but I believe bioE said that the admissions packet says over 80% of acceptances matriculate...so more than that at least

Yeah I think maybe I read somewhere that they accept about 250 for a class of about 200, which would be 80 percent. Outrageous.

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:34 pm

crackberry wrote:
TheWire wrote:
crackberry wrote:

Yeah I think maybe I read somewhere that they accept about 250 for a class of about 200, which would be 80 percent. Outrageous.

of the 50, 30 - 40 get calls from some government to go on a top secret mission, have to go on a world tour of something, get really wrapped up in curing cancer, etc. 10 - 20 matriculate elsewhere.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”