Columbia 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thepcv

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby thepcv » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:50 pm

jumpinjackflash wrote:Anyone ED still waiting for a response?

I'm still waiting--kinda figured I've been deferred to RD at this point (though, something could still come today, right?).

babaghanouj

Postby babaghanouj » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:55 pm

Here's something to get your blood boiling. Spend a little time soaking up the CLS adulation in this thread, then read this guy's last comment on his own profile: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/daninreallife

I actually hope that's not flame, so that when he tries to pull a fast one and break his contract, he will get pwned.

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:02 pm

babaghanouj wrote:Here's something to get your blood boiling. Spend a little time soaking up the CLS adulation in this thread, then read this guy's last comment on his own profile: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/daninreallife

I actually hope that's not flame, so that when he tries to pull a fast one and break his contract, he will get pwned.

they claim to be rejected from Yale which is flame.

babaghanouj

Postby babaghanouj » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:09 pm

puppins wrote:
babaghanouj wrote:Here's something to get your blood boiling. Spend a little time soaking up the CLS adulation in this thread, then read this guy's last comment on his own profile: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/daninreallife

He says that was a joke in his profile. I think you're right though.

BaiAilian2013

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:49 pm

babaghanouj wrote:
puppins wrote:

He says that was a joke in his profile. I think you're right though.

Yeah. His diatribe on how he's "not going to let ED force [him] into matriculating" is a little too long and a lot too funny. ("I enlisted in the army to get money for college, but I'm not going to let them send me to war, because they can't make me. Screw that shit!") No one that retarded gets a 175.

So, the first batch of RD acceptances should be coming in three weeks or so, right? Does anyone else feel like they're going to explode before then?

babaghanouj

Postby babaghanouj » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:07 pm

BaiAilian2013 wrote:So, the first batch of RD acceptances should be coming in three weeks or so, right? Does anyone else feel like they're going to explode before then?

:D

no puedo contenerlo

Richard Rorty

Postby Richard Rorty » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:09 pm

i submitted Dec 8 and still haven't gone complete. is this normal?

PoorOrpheus

Postby PoorOrpheus » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:39 pm

Richard Rorty wrote:i submitted Dec 8 and still haven't gone complete. is this normal?

Yes. CLS is notoriously slow in going from submission to completion.

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:04 pm

finally got back from abroad and got my letter- ED deferred to RD. I know chances of getting in are slim but I will nonetheless visit and write a bunch of LOCI. Hey, it can't harm, right?

TrajanACC

Postby TrajanACC » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:45 pm

Did anyone else receive a request for Fall grades on Monday?

sfdreaming09

Postby sfdreaming09 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:49 pm

TrajanACC wrote:Did anyone else receive a request for Fall grades on Monday?

I haven't.

Lysis

Postby Lysis » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:50 pm

TrajanACC wrote:Did anyone else receive a request for Fall grades on Monday?

I did, but I don't have them yet. Grr..

utcris410

Postby utcris410 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:33 pm

hadn't checked the status checker in awhile. LSDAS report is checked again. again, good luck to everyone still waiting or on hold!

hopefullaw27

Postby hopefullaw27 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:45 pm

still waiting for my ED response after submitting my fall grades two days ago

Sogui

Postby Sogui » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:46 pm

Richard Rorty wrote:i submitted Dec 8 and still haven't gone complete. is this normal?

Others might say you're fine, and they might be right.

But I submitted Dec.23rd, and got my complete message yesterday.

Maybe you should check your status checker and see if anything is missing.

Hattori Hanzo

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:48 pm

Sogui wrote:

Others might say you're fine, and they might be right.

But I submitted Dec.23rd, and got my complete message yesterday.

Maybe you should check your status checker and see if anything is missing.

You edited that before I could throw in some time machine jokes. Not fair!

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:11 pm

Excuse my stupidity.

Why under Columbia's entering class profile does it have 99% beside LSAT median and 98% beside LSAT mean?

"Oh is it cause a 172 is 98.6 percentile and 171 is 98.1 percentile? I guess that makes sense just not sure why they put it out there like that."

APimpNamedSlickback

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:13 pm

Kakarot wrote:Excuse my stupidity.

Why under Columbia's entering class profile does it have 99% beside LSAT median and 98% beside LSAT mean?

really low lsat scores drag the mean down but not the median

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:14 pm

talibkweli wrote:
Kakarot wrote:Excuse my stupidity.

really low lsat scores drag the mean down but not the median

When I first looked at it I didn't know what the numbers meant at all.. Reason I was confused is the numbers above it are percent of class. These two were the only exceptions.

Unitas

Postby Unitas » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:23 pm

Columbia wrote:A few words about law school discussion boards, forums, blogs, and other unofficial sources of information about law school admissions processes: Please be skeptical consumers of what you read from these sources. Frankly, as future lawyers, you should be naturally skeptical and analytical about unsupported assertions, but it is becoming increasingly clear that once rumor and misinformation find purchase in one of the more popular web locations for law school applicants, it is a challenge for admissions offices to correct the record.

Help us help you!

We know that a combination of excitement, anxiety and a healthy thirst for information are going to drive many applicants to find out every bit of information they can about our school and our peer institutions, and we know you are going to visit these websites. We are encouraged and humbled by your enthusiasm for our law school and the zeal with which many of you pursue the answers to the questions you have: Am I a competitive candidate? Have I done everything I can to maximize my chances? If got a bad grade in my freshman year, will I be disqualified? If my LSAT score is above or below the median by a certain number of points will I automatically be rejected or admitted?

However, this cycle we already know there have been inaccurate rumors floating about concerning supposed changes in how we and other schools view LSAT scores and how central they are to our review process, the timing of our decision letters, and how we deal with Early Decision files that get postponed into our regular decision pool. The best way to get accurate information about admissions matters at our law school is to visit the relevant pages of our website—especially the Admissions Philosophy page, read the “Selection Criteria” section on page 29 of our J. D. Viewbook, or email or call our office directly.

And with respect to the admissions prognosticators that purport to predict the outcome of your applications without reviewing your completed application or knowing anything about the admissions committees or philosophies of the schools, our advice is to treat them like you would a Magic Eight Ball: for entertainment purposes only.

Good luck with your outstanding applications and a Happy New Year!

They are so talking about US!.!.! I am thinking about e-mailing them and asking them to join us here to clear up any misinformation...
I actually enjoy Columbia and am leaning there over HLS and YLS if admitted.

rx3r

Postby rx3r » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:26 pm

EEP! Hope they don't frequent the boards.

dudester

Postby dudester » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:13 am

Kakarot wrote:
Columbia wrote:A few words about law school discussion boards, forums, blogs, and other unofficial sources of information about law school admissions processes: Please be skeptical consumers of what you read from these sources. Frankly, as future lawyers, you should be naturally skeptical and analytical about unsupported assertions, but it is becoming increasingly clear that once rumor and misinformation find purchase in one of the more popular web locations for law school applicants, it is a challenge for admissions offices to correct the record.

Help us help you!

We know that a combination of excitement, anxiety and a healthy thirst for information are going to drive many applicants to find out every bit of information they can about our school and our peer institutions, and we know you are going to visit these websites. We are encouraged and humbled by your enthusiasm for our law school and the zeal with which many of you pursue the answers to the questions you have: Am I a competitive candidate? Have I done everything I can to maximize my chances? If got a bad grade in my freshman year, will I be disqualified? If my LSAT score is above or below the median by a certain number of points will I automatically be rejected or admitted?

However, this cycle we already know there have been inaccurate rumors floating about concerning supposed changes in how we and other schools view LSAT scores and how central they are to our review process, the timing of our decision letters, and how we deal with Early Decision files that get postponed into our regular decision pool. The best way to get accurate information about admissions matters at our law school is to visit the relevant pages of our website—especially the Admissions Philosophy page, read the “Selection Criteria” section on page 29 of our J. D. Viewbook, or email or call our office directly.

And with respect to the admissions prognosticators that purport to predict the outcome of your applications without reviewing your completed application or knowing anything about the admissions committees or philosophies of the schools, our advice is to treat them like you would a Magic Eight Ball: for entertainment purposes only.

Good luck with your outstanding applications and a Happy New Year!

They are so talking about US!.!.! I am thinking about e-mailing them and asking them to join us here to clear up any misinformation...
I actually enjoy Columbia and am leaning there over HLS and YLS if admitted.

If CLS wants to curb inaccurate rumors, they should consider posting accurate information on here like Dean Pless does.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:22 pm

complete. what a surprisingly friendly completion email.

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:04 pm

I could basically withdraw all my apps and just wait on Columbia and Stanford and I would be satisfied. Crossing my fingers, hoping a fancy mouse is headed my direction.

mochafury

Postby mochafury » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:48 pm

This is sad, I've officially reached "grasping for non-existent straws" status. I randomly find that CLS' website is down at 10 PM on a Friday night and immediately think "Gawrsh, they're updating with decisions RIGHT NOW!!"

Then comes the dawn...mlia

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”