Columbia 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Joan Manuel Serrat

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Joan Manuel Serrat » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:38 am

GeePee wrote:
jimkando wrote:in @ Columbia 2010!

ED. Notified via email on Dec 22. And Nkonye, dean of admissions writed on the letter: happly holidays.

It is true that the letter is a perfect Xmas gift! Especially after I was waitinglisted by numerous schools such as U Penn, Cornell etc.

I love CLS!

This has to be the next JMS right?

blasphemous defamation! do no denigrate the work I do here by comparison to sad excuse for surrogate jimkando.

And Sir Pee, have no we settle the difference? viewtopic.php?f=9&t=91646&p=2125070&hilit=Good+night%2C+Sweet+Pee.+Goodnight.#p2125070

PS Friend Note and Warm greetings to jimkando: Madam, I sincerely desire that you are natural imbecile, because if I find out you are alt or flame coming here to piss on plate from which I eat and thieve gloriousness from me, the good Lord Dios know that I will no rest, I will no eat, I will no lè bang my vixen of a cougar woman, until I crush you pathetic turd of a self. Now, I have see you previous posting and after conclusion of my thorough investigations I conclude that you do no yet possess the requisite faculty to pose threatenings to my reputation, but if more comparison to me are drawn soon, I will come after you. I will come after you. I WILL COME AFTER YOU! And the resulting will be simply bestial . . . . . Bestial! . . . . . BESTIAL . . . . . B-E-S-T-I-A-L . . . . . Let that word resound from your crappy posting to your other crap turd of posting, from filthy thread you create to septic other thread you devise, and from user to user crossing the broad of this bountiful and very pleasantly forum. BESTIAL. FERAL! SODOMITICAL! I swear to you, jimkando. You will shed juicy tear. in a corner. with a pillow and a sucker. the type they sell at state fair. the swirly rainbow type. delicious little swirling glory exquisiteness. But it will be sad. Sad. And before you go think about to give reply to me I suggest you take it like the man you are, Madam. And save you breath, you will need it to inflate your New Year's date.

disclaim: the comments made above in no way constitution a threat or a pending assault or an invitation to enter in battery or any other thing that may result in harm to person or trespass to chalet or any other thing which may be interpreted to be a threat reasonable or otherwise. The comment are only to be interpreted as the concise but worthy introduction suggest: they are part of "Friend Note and Warm greeting." They are maid in jest but should be taken seriously because at time of saying, I was being seriously but no so serious as to cause assault or be saw as a threat. Further necessary disclaiming: I love all creature--humans, lambs, gaelic grouse, turtles, Barney Franks, etc--and do no condone the vile or roughly treatment of animalia (animal genitalia?) or any other things which may cause harm or vast pubis explosion on people. In saying "bestial," I mean I will give friendly hug and cordial coital warning. I love all people and thing. We are all the making of Dios and we are all equally LeFuckêd under the sun. Further further disclaimer, the saying "we are all LeFuckêd under the sun" shall not interpretation taken literally it is more of metaphor to suggest how bad world is today and how common our misery situations; it is no invitation for warm, outdoors group coitus. Thank you. If part of message remain ambiguous, it shall be interpreted as artistic and poetic, no as literally said and statemented. Thank you.

VERY FELIZ NAVIDAD to all TLS! Have happiness and many presents!

jimkando

sorry, I came to the wrong place.

Postby jimkando » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:44 am

I don't want you guys feel unhappy on Chrismas eve.

JMS, for sure I learned what 'JMS' means now. Thanks very much for your input. Merry Xmas.

GeePee: Wish yood luck with JMS. Merry Xmas.

MTC87

Postby MTC87 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:46 am

Question about sending GPA updates after the app goes complete: my university registrar is confirming an error on my transcript whose correction should add ~0.1 pts to my lsac gpa. My app went complete at the beginning of Dec (RD). I understand that RD decisions are likely to go out in late Jan. Is it too late at this point to send out an updated transcript? Would it be a good idea to request that the adcom hold off on making a decision until I get the final word on my transcript?

e: FWIW it would bump me to a 3.65/176

irie

Postby irie » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:08 am

MTC87 wrote:Question about sending GPA updates after the app goes complete: my university registrar is confirming an error on my transcript whose correction should add ~0.1 pts to my lsac gpa. My app went complete at the beginning of Dec (RD). I understand that RD decisions are likely to go out in late Jan. Is it too late at this point to send out an updated transcript? Would it be a good idea to request that the adcom hold off on making a decision until I get the final word on my transcript?

0.1 is a lot, so you are currently a 3.55/176?

I would DEFINITELY update that, for Columbia Law that could make the difference between acceptance at sticker and acceptance with a decent $$ package.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:48 pm

irie wrote:
MTC87 wrote:Question about sending GPA updates after the app goes complete: my university registrar is confirming an error on my transcript whose correction should add ~0.1 pts to my lsac gpa. My app went complete at the beginning of Dec (RD). I understand that RD decisions are likely to go out in late Jan. Is it too late at this point to send out an updated transcript? Would it be a good idea to request that the adcom hold off on making a decision until I get the final word on my transcript?

0.1 is a lot, so you are currently a 3.55/176?

I would DEFINITELY update that, for Columbia Law that could make the difference between acceptance at sticker and acceptance with a decent $$ package.

+1. It pushes you further away from splitter territory.

SanBun

Postby SanBun » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:49 am

merry Christmas everyone!!

here's my special little gift to y'all: last year, someone got put on hold at Columbia with 167/3.7ish in February (NON URM) and was accepted later- but chose to go for SLS

appears legit, and gives some of us hope http://lawschoolnumbers.com/linda19/jd

(I still have not gotten to check my mail since I'm abroad over winter break- no idea if i'm rejected or what, hope it's at least a deferred)

beckstar

Postby beckstar » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:46 am

i totally got deferred, super surprised it wasn't a rejection.

Jacinda

Postby Jacinda » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:36 pm

beckstar wrote:i totally got deferred, super surprised it wasn't a rejection.

me too! What are you numbers?

beckstar

Postby beckstar » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:48 pm

Jacinda wrote:
beckstar wrote:i totally got deferred, super surprised it wasn't a rejection.

me too! What are you numbers?

when did you submit? I submitted early oct. I am thinking I just got lucky? They prob didn't even get around to reviewing and just decided to defer me to meet the ED deadline.

jumpinjackflash

Postby jumpinjackflash » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:12 pm

Does anyone know if anyone who applied ED last cycle was accepted this far into december?

marbletop

Postby marbletop » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:18 pm

I think they're starting to move on RD... I just got an email asking for clarification on my app. Submitted 9/15 or thereabouts.

kittenmittons

Postby kittenmittons » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:19 pm

marbletop wrote:I think they're starting to move on RD... I just got an email asking for clarification on my app. Submitted 9/15 or thereabouts.

Clarify clarification

marbletop

Postby marbletop » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:29 pm

kittenmittons wrote:
marbletop wrote:I think they're starting to move on RD... I just got an email asking for clarification on my app. Submitted 9/15 or thereabouts.

Clarify clarification

Oh, I just didn't really explain that I would leave a program I'm in if accepted. I think they were worried I'd try to do both at the same time.

PapantlaFlyer

Postby PapantlaFlyer » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:32 pm

marbletop wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:

Clarify clarification

Oh, I just didn't really explain that I would leave a program I'm in if accepted. I think they were worried I'd try to do both at the same time.

Marbletop, why don't you withdraw all your other applications and let the rest of us mortals have a shot at these other schools...I'm jk, I just find it impossible to believe youre interested in anything else after YLS.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:06 pm

PapantlaFlyer wrote:
marbletop wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:

Clarify clarification

Marbletop, why don't you withdraw all your other applications and let the rest of us mortals have a shot at these other schools...I'm jk, I just find it impossible to believe youre interested in anything else after YLS.

Marbletop just needs CLS for a top-5 sweep. I don't blame her for going for the 2-point conversion!

Emma.

Postby Emma. » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:58 pm

Joan Manuel Serrat wrote:
GeePee wrote:
jimkando wrote:in @ Columbia 2010!

ED. Notified via email on Dec 22. And Nkonye, dean of admissions writed on the letter: happly holidays.

It is true that the letter is a perfect Xmas gift! Especially after I was waitinglisted by numerous schools such as U Penn, Cornell etc.

I love CLS!

This has to be the next JMS right?

blasphemous defamation! do no denigrate the work I do here by comparison to sad excuse for surrogate jimkando.

And Sir Pee, have no we settle the difference? viewtopic.php?f=9&t=91646&p=2125070&hilit=Good+night%2C+Sweet+Pee.+Goodnight.#p2125070

PS Friend Note and Warm greetings to jimkando: Madam, I sincerely desire that you are natural imbecile, because if I find out you are alt or flame coming here to piss on plate from which I eat and thieve gloriousness from me, the good Lord Dios know that I will no rest, I will no eat, I will no lè bang my vixen of a cougar woman, until I crush you pathetic turd of a self. Now, I have see you previous posting and after conclusion of my thorough investigations I conclude that you do no yet possess the requisite faculty to pose threatenings to my reputation, but if more comparison to me are drawn soon, I will come after you. I will come after you. I WILL COME AFTER YOU! And the resulting will be simply bestial . . . . . Bestial! . . . . . BESTIAL . . . . . B-E-S-T-I-A-L . . . . . Let that word resound from your crappy posting to your other crap turd of posting, from filthy thread you create to septic other thread you devise, and from user to user crossing the broad of this bountiful and very pleasantly forum. BESTIAL. FERAL! SODOMITICAL! I swear to you, jimkando. You will shed juicy tear. in a corner. with a pillow and a sucker. the type they sell at state fair. the swirly rainbow type. delicious little swirling glory exquisiteness. But it will be sad. Sad. And before you go think about to give reply to me I suggest you take it like the man you are, Madam. And save you breath, you will need it to inflate your New Year's date.

disclaim: the comments made above in no way constitution a threat or a pending assault or an invitation to enter in battery or any other thing that may result in harm to person or trespass to chalet or any other thing which may be interpreted to be a threat reasonable or otherwise. The comment are only to be interpreted as the concise but worthy introduction suggest: they are part of "Friend Note and Warm greeting." They are maid in jest but should be taken seriously because at time of saying, I was being seriously but no so serious as to cause assault or be saw as a threat. Further necessary disclaiming: I love all creature--humans, lambs, gaelic grouse, turtles, Barney Franks, etc--and do no condone the vile or roughly treatment of animalia (animal genitalia?) or any other things which may cause harm or vast pubis explosion on people. In saying "bestial," I mean I will give friendly hug and cordial coital warning. I love all people and thing. We are all the making of Dios and we are all equally LeFuckêd under the sun. Further further disclaimer, the saying "we are all LeFuckêd under the sun" shall not interpretation taken literally it is more of metaphor to suggest how bad world is today and how common our misery situations; it is no invitation for warm, outdoors group coitus. Thank you. If part of message remain ambiguous, it shall be interpreted as artistic and poetic, no as literally said and statemented. Thank you.

VERY FELIZ NAVIDAD to all TLS! Have happiness and many presents!

ZOMG. Quoted for awesomeness.

annabell

Postby annabell » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:08 am

I posted this a while back, but no one answered...

Have all fall grade requests for RD applicants gone out? If we submitted months ago and haven't gotten one, should we assume that we won't?

Also, do all applicants still in UG get one or only applicants that are borderline/below a certain GPA?

wackjickham

Postby wackjickham » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:22 am

annabell wrote:I posted this a while back, but no one answered...

Have all fall grade requests for RD applicants gone out? If we submitted months ago and haven't gotten one, should we assume that we won't?

Also, do all applicants still in UG get one or only applicants that are borderline/below a certain GPA?

Your question probably wasn't answered because no one here knows. If I'm wrong someone feel free to correct me...

AngryAvocado

Postby AngryAvocado » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:24 am

annabell wrote:I posted this a while back, but no one answered...

Nobody answered because very little has happened with RD applicants at all. They are just starting on them now so I wouldn't assume anything at this point. As far as how they determine who gets one, it seems pretty random. Not all applicants in UG get one, and it's not unheard of for them to request grades from people with >3.9.

jumpinjackflash

Postby jumpinjackflash » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:46 pm

Anyone ED still waiting for a response?

Kiersten1985

Postby Kiersten1985 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:33 pm

MTC87 wrote:if my app has already gone complete, does that mean it's pointless to send in any additional LORs? i recently had someone offer to write me a letter which I feel will be quite positive, but I didn't mention any plans to send in additional LORs on my app.

Was this ever answered? I'm actually in the same exact position.

oneforship

Postby oneforship » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:57 pm

Kiersten1985 wrote:
MTC87 wrote:if my app has already gone complete, does that mean it's pointless to send in any additional LORs? i recently had someone offer to write me a letter which I feel will be quite positive, but I didn't mention any plans to send in additional LORs on my app.

Was this ever answered? I'm actually in the same exact position.

If you get the letter to LSAC, and assign it through the LOR section, it will go to Columbia whether you made mention of it previously or not. IIRC, Columbia receives any updated LSAC reports (including LORs) on each Monday, according to LSAC.

Kiersten1985

Postby Kiersten1985 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:56 pm

Looking for opinions:

I'm at the GPA mean, 2 points below LSAT mean and stupidly didn't ED. If I got into CLS, though, I'd withdraw from everywhere else immediately and 100% attend. (Originally didn't ED because I wanted to review financial aid, but I realize now that I'd be happy to take on the debt if it was in exchange for CLS.)

I have an above-average PS according to CLS alums who have read it, 2 good academic LORS and 2 very good professional LORS - one from an alum who wrote it specifically for CLS. They're both from the firm I work at which has a very special relationship with CLS. I'm not a URM, but am a unique ethnicity.

The question is, should I send a "Why CLS" essay to briefly address why I didn't ED but that CLS is absolutely my first choice? Could this hurt? I'm worried about annoying the AdComms but I also know from experience that being tenacious pays off. Thoughts?

EDIT: I know I should theoretically wait until I get waitlisted to send something else in, but at this point I'd be happy just to get a WL and not a rejection.

AngryAvocado

Postby AngryAvocado » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:01 pm

Kiersten1985 wrote:Looking for opinions:

I'm at the GPA mean, 2 points below LSAT mean and stupidly didn't ED. If I got into CLS, though, I'd withdraw from everywhere else immediately and 100% attend. (Originally didn't ED because I wanted to review financial aid, but I realize now that I'd be happy to take on the debt if it was in exchange for CLS.)

I have an above-average PS according to CLS alums who have read it, 2 good academic LORS and 2 very good professional LORS - one from an alum who wrote it specifically for CLS. They're both from the firm I work at which has a very special relationship with CLS. I'm not a URM, but am a unique ethnicity.

The question is, should I send a "Why CLS" essay to briefly address why I didn't ED but that CLS is absolutely my first choice? Could this hurt? I'm worried about annoying the AdComms but I also know from experience that being tenacious pays off. Thoughts?

EDIT: I know I should theoretically wait until I get waitlisted to send something else in, but at this point I'd be happy just to get a WL and not a rejection.

I wouldn't do it. The 2 ED people I know that submitted extra stuff demonstrating a special interest were outright denied, while other people with significantly less competitive numbers were held/deferred. I don't know if it's because Columbia didn't want to give them false hope or if it's just that they didn't like having to read extraneous stuff, but it didn't pay off. Granted, that's a small sample size but it's something to consider.

Also, I wouldn't kick yourself for not EDing. This year's ED pool at CLS was damn competitive (nobody on LSN got in with below a 171 LSAT and about half were at/above both medians--pretty beastly for an ED class). I really don't think there was any boost for EDing this year, and definitely not a significant one.

My advice? Just ride it out and hope for the best. If you haven't already, you'll get into some great schools with those numbers and you still have an outside shot at CLS. Good luck!

beckstar

Postby beckstar » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:13 pm

AngryAvocado wrote:
Kiersten1985 wrote:Looking for opinions:

I wouldn't do it. The 2 ED people I know that submitted extra stuff demonstrating a special interest were outright denied, while other people with significantly less competitive numbers were held/deferred. I don't know if it's because Columbia didn't want to give them false hope or if it's just that they didn't like having to read extraneous stuff, but it didn't pay off. Granted, that's a small sample size but it's something to consider.

Also, I wouldn't kick yourself for not EDing. This year's ED pool at CLS was damn competitive (nobody on LSN got in with below a 171 LSAT and about half were at/above both medians--pretty beastly for an ED class). I really don't think there was any boost for EDing this year, and definitely not a significant one.

My advice? Just ride it out and hope for the best. If you haven't already, you'll get into some great schools with those numbers and you still have an outside shot at CLS. Good luck!

i'm inclined to agree. I actually went to a general interest meeting at CLS last year and one of the things she suggested [rather strongly] was that if it's not absolutely necessary, don't submit extras. She mentioned this apropos of recommendations, so I assume it applies to other things as well. She said, "admission officers have enough to read". Didn't like that very much, but you know.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”