Columbia 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby kittenmittons » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:47 am

englawyer wrote:
xcountryjunkie wrote:WOOT! Application went "complete" last night! Now I get to wait for months hoping that lightning strikes 8)


whats the time gap from complete-> decision for columbia RD?


Decisions won't start until mid-late January, so that question is unanswerable.

dms87
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby dms87 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:34 am

kittenmittons wrote:
englawyer wrote:
xcountryjunkie wrote:WOOT! Application went "complete" last night! Now I get to wait for months hoping that lightning strikes 8)


whats the time gap from complete-> decision for columbia RD?


Decisions won't start until mid-late January, so that question is unanswerable.


Unless you say "somewhere between 0 and 1,000,000 days".

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby kittenmittons » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:44 am

dms87 wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:
englawyer wrote:
xcountryjunkie wrote:WOOT! Application went "complete" last night! Now I get to wait for months hoping that lightning strikes 8)


whats the time gap from complete-> decision for columbia RD?


Decisions won't start until mid-late January, so that question is unanswerable.


Unless you say "somewhere between 0 and 1,000,000 days".


--ImageRemoved--

rrd8823
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:36 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby rrd8823 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:50 am

this is absurd

User avatar
GlobeTrotter
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:45 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby GlobeTrotter » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:53 am

In the thread from last year, someone said they got in on Christmas Eve (viewtopic.php?f=20&t=48833&start=200)

kalderimi wrote:hey everyone. i got my acceptance email for ed on christmas eve. handwritten note said 'happy holidays'--no shit! my numbers were 3.97/164.

.............oh, yes, a 1.6.4. (don't ask.)

good luck to the rest of you and happy new year!


Also, someone was accepted on Friday, December 19th.

And, someone who had a fall grade request didn't hear until January 9th (ED).

MetsFan
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:14 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby MetsFan » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:16 pm

how much longer does this drag out?

rrd8823
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:36 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby rrd8823 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:31 pm

im in!

dms87
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:05 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby dms87 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:33 pm

MetsFan wrote:how much longer does this drag out?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Q7b-vHY3Q

User avatar
GlobeTrotter
Posts: 84
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:45 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby GlobeTrotter » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:34 pm

rrd8823 wrote:im in!


4 REALZ?!@!

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:34 pm

rrd8823 wrote:im in!


Congrats!

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby kittenmittons » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:34 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
rrd8823 wrote:im in!


Congrats!

User avatar
AngryAvocado
Posts: 776
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby AngryAvocado » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:36 pm

rrd8823 wrote:im in!


Congrats!

User avatar
swc65
Posts: 1003
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:27 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby swc65 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:59 pm

rrd8823 wrote:im in!



Gratz! Did you have a fall grades request?

User avatar
irie
Posts: 325
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 9:50 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby irie » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:00 pm

rrd8823 wrote:im in!


congrats, wonder what took them so long?

User avatar
swc65
Posts: 1003
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:27 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby swc65 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:00 pm

irie wrote:
rrd8823 wrote:im in!


congrats, wonder what took them so long?



I am still waiting on them. They asked for fall grades, and I don't get them until today!

wanderingaround
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:57 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby wanderingaround » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:02 pm

I have a quick question. I went complete RD 10/26 and ever since then, all the boxes were checked off on my status checker and it said "Application Status: Complete". I just status checked again and it still says complete, but there isn't a checkmark for the "LSDAS Report" anymore. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I be concerned?

annabell
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby annabell » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:21 pm

Me too. I assume it is because Columbia is getting ready to ask us for our Fall Grades and so they need a new transcript/LSDAS report. Anyone else agree or have different ideas?

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:24 pm

annabell wrote:Me too. I assume it is because Columbia is getting ready to ask us for our Fall Grades and so they need a new transcript/LSDAS report. Anyone else agree or have different ideas?


I dont think it means anything. Mine is unchecked now too and I am not in UG, so there is no reason for them to ask me for more grades.

User avatar
AngryAvocado
Posts: 776
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby AngryAvocado » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:24 pm

I wouldn't worry about it. If they didn't have the report, you wouldn't have gone complete.

User avatar
LaurenGayle
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:35 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby LaurenGayle » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:26 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
annabell wrote:Me too. I assume it is because Columbia is getting ready to ask us for our Fall Grades and so they need a new transcript/LSDAS report. Anyone else agree or have different ideas?


I dont think it means anything. Mine is unchecked now too and I am not in UG, so there is no reason for them to ask me for more grades.


+1 But (and I really hate to be the bearer of bad news), I was deferred. The letter was very general and said "if you are in undergrad, please make sure we receive your most recent transcript" or something to that affect. I sincerely hope that its not for the same reason for you guys, I just wanted to pass along that info...

mdgold
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby mdgold » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:32 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
annabell wrote:Me too. I assume it is because Columbia is getting ready to ask us for our Fall Grades and so they need a new transcript/LSDAS report. Anyone else agree or have different ideas?


I dont think it means anything. Mine is unchecked now too and I am not in UG, so there is no reason for them to ask me for more grades.


+1 But (and I really hate to be the bearer of bad news), I was deferred. The letter was very general and said "if you are in undergrad, please make sure we receive your most recent transcript" or something to that affect. I sincerely hope that its not for the same reason for you guys, I just wanted to pass along that info...



When did you find out?

User avatar
AngryAvocado
Posts: 776
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby AngryAvocado » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:34 pm

LaurenGayle wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
annabell wrote:Me too. I assume it is because Columbia is getting ready to ask us for our Fall Grades and so they need a new transcript/LSDAS report. Anyone else agree or have different ideas?


I dont think it means anything. Mine is unchecked now too and I am not in UG, so there is no reason for them to ask me for more grades.


+1 But (and I really hate to be the bearer of bad news), I was deferred. The letter was very general and said "if you are in undergrad, please make sure we receive your most recent transcript" or something to that affect. I sincerely hope that its not for the same reason for you guys, I just wanted to pass along that info...


Thanks for passing that along, and sorry to hear about the deferral.

User avatar
LaurenGayle
Posts: 397
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:35 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby LaurenGayle » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:35 pm

[quote="mdgold

When did you find out?[/quote]

Tuesday. Letter dated December 11th.

APimpNamedSlickback
Posts: 1126
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:33 am

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby APimpNamedSlickback » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:41 pm

does anyone who has been accepted actually have the lsdas report unchecked on mycolumbia? mine is unchecked, and this seems like a horrible sign
Last edited by APimpNamedSlickback on Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
AngryAvocado
Posts: 776
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby AngryAvocado » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:47 pm

talibkweli wrote:has anyone who has been accepted actually have the lsdas report unchecked on mycolumbia? mine is unchecked, and this seems like a horrible sign


Mine isn't checked either now, and I'm not in UG so I doubt it's a transcript request.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Assasindowntheavenue, AZnative, fountainja, JD2020, NotAGolfer and 25 guests