Columbia 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Helmholtz

Re: Columbia 2010

Postby Helmholtz » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:35 am

gahthelaw wrote:
dms87 wrote:Hate to feel this way, but I love those guys because they open up a shot for me at Harvard.

I had a dream, Helm, and you were in it. And I'm a guy. And I'm engaged. To a girl. And I'm happy. I swear.

I was reading a poker message board, and you were posting on there, with the same name and avatar. And in my dream, I found it so funny - Oh wow! Helm plays poker? That's so funny.

That's all.

no one can resist the brooding tar

Oddly enough, I have made appearances in at least a few TLSers' dreams. I must make quite the indelible impression on here.

dms87

Postby dms87 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:39 am

Helmholtz wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:
dms87 wrote:Hate to feel this way, but I love those guys because they open up a shot for me at Harvard.

I had a dream, Helm, and you were in it. And I'm a guy. And I'm engaged. To a girl. And I'm happy. I swear.

I was reading a poker message board, and you were posting on there, with the same name and avatar. And in my dream, I found it so funny - Oh wow! Helm plays poker? That's so funny.

That's all.

Oddly enough, I have made appearances in at least a few TLSers' dreams. I must make quite the indelible impression on here.

Still, I must suspect that I'm the first straight guy to whom you appeared in a dream about poker. Of course it involved another message board, so I guess it makes sense.....

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:39 am

Helmholtz wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:

That's all.

i think if any of you guys ever showed up in my dreams without my ever having met you IRL, i'd have to quit TLS.

ClemCarter

Postby ClemCarter » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:40 am

Helmholtz wrote:

In my Helm dreams, we're playing a different kind of poker.

BAM!

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:41 am

dms87 wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:Oddly enough, I have made appearances in at least a few TLSers' dreams. I must make quite the indelible impression on here.

Still, I must suspect that I'm the first straight guy to whom you appeared in a dream about poker. Of course it involved another message board, so I guess it makes sense.....

To be fair, my dream about Helm was also about the LSAT and completely platonic.

hopefullaw27

Postby hopefullaw27 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:15 pm

Ahhh! I have news. Just got a fall grades request.... How should I read into this? I think i'm doing well this semester. But now all my time on tls and not studying for finals may bite me in te ass. Thoughts on chances?

puppleberry finn

Postby puppleberry finn » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:15 pm

hopefullaw27 wrote:Ahhh! I have news. Just got a fall grades request.... How should I read into this? I think i'm doing well this semester. But now all my time on tls and not studying for finals may bite me in te ass. Thoughts on chances?

leave TLS. study for finals.

kittenmittons

Postby kittenmittons » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:16 pm

hopefullaw27 wrote:Ahhh! I have news. Just got a fall grades request.... How should I read into this? I think i'm doing well this semester. But now all my time on tls and not studying for finals may bite me in te ass. Thoughts on chances?

The consensus is if they ask for your grades they are considering you. Anecdotally, someone mentioned being accepted after having grades requested last fall.

MetsFan

Postby MetsFan » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:16 pm

did they give you the news via email or mail?

hopefullaw27

Postby hopefullaw27 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:27 pm

Email.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:42 pm

ClemCarter wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:

BAM!

do tell

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:43 pm

gahthelaw wrote:i think if any of you guys ever showed up in my dreams without my ever having met you IRL, i'd have to quit TLS.

Now that you've said that, it's bound to happen tonight. It will probably be me taking the LSAT wearing nothing but tube socks and playing Texas hold 'em during the break.

ClemCarter

Postby ClemCarter » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:45 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:

BAM!

do tell

Oh, it's five-card stud and we bet with sunflower seeds. What did you think?

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:46 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:i think if any of you guys ever showed up in my dreams without my ever having met you IRL, i'd have to quit TLS.

Now that you've said that, it's bound to happen tonight. It will probably be me taking the LSAT wearing nothing but tube socks and playing Texas hold 'em during the break.

but would it be you or james dean? or some kind of disembodied 'helm' placeholder? since i dont actually know you what IRL helm looks like
Last edited by gahthelaw on Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:47 pm

ClemCarter wrote:Oh, it's five-card stud and we bet with sunflower seeds. What did you think?

I would have guessed at least some trail mix.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:48 pm

gahthelaw wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:

but would it be you or james dean? or some kind of disembodied 'helm' placeholder?

I don't know, you'd have to ask all the other people who've dreamed about me. I always imagined it to be some type of disembodied placeholder with James Dean's voice.

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:49 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:

but would it be you or james dean? or some kind of disembodied 'helm' placeholder?

I don't know, you'd have to ask all the other people who've dreamed about me. I always imagined it to be some type of disembodied placeholder with James Dean's voice.

or just james dean...which i guess i would be ok with. i mean, if i'm just dreaming about james dean there's no reason to kick myself off TLS.

ClemCarter

Postby ClemCarter » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:50 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:Oh, it's five-card stud and we bet with sunflower seeds. What did you think?

Maybe some orange soda?

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:51 pm

ClemCarter wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:

Maybe some orange soda?

can you bet with orange soda? i feel like it would require a lot of cup shuffling and measuring

ClemCarter

Postby ClemCarter » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:52 pm

gahthelaw wrote:can you bet with orange soda? i feel like it would require a lot of cup shuffling and measuring

Helm loves it when I read the meniscus.

gahthelaw

Postby gahthelaw » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:54 pm

ClemCarter wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:can you bet with orange soda? i feel like it would require a lot of cup shuffling and measuring

that sounds incredibly filthy. so filthy i wikipediaed to check that there wasn't an alternative definition i was unaware of.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:55 pm

ClemCarter wrote:

This is true. It does crazy things to me. I better bring an afghan to that poker game.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:56 pm

gahthelaw wrote:or just james dean...which i guess i would be ok with. i mean, if i'm just dreaming about james dean there's no reason to kick myself off TLS.

James Dean who introduces himself as Helmholtz.

ClemCarter

Postby ClemCarter » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:57 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:

This is true. It does crazy things to me. I better bring an afghan to that poker game.

an individual from afghanistan or a crocheted throw blanket?

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:58 pm

ClemCarter wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:

an individual from afghanistan or a crocheted throw blanket?

both

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”