Columbia 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
oneforship

Silver

Re: Columbia 2010

Post by oneforship » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:16 pm

owhlcn wrote:
oneforship wrote:what's with all the calvin and hobbes tars these days. maybe i need to change mine.
who else? i've only ever seen yours and it always makes me happy.
someone else has a hobbes one, and i saw a calvin one out there too but i don't think they post much. so really only 4 people.

ClemCarter

Bronze

Post by ClemCarter » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:17 pm

owhlcn wrote:
oneforship wrote:what's with all the calvin and hobbes tars these days. maybe i need to change mine.
who else? i've only ever seen yours and it always makes me want to send you a PM that just says "smock, smock, smock."

revised.

utcris410

Bronze

Post by utcris410 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:17 pm

hey whatever happened with the guy who had a friend get in via the status checker???!!! :!: :?:

owhlcn

Bronze

Post by owhlcn » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:17 pm

ClemCarter wrote:
owhlcn wrote:
who else? i've only ever seen yours and it always makes me want to send you a PM that just says "smock, smock, smock."

revised.
oh god that was a great strip

ClemCarter

Bronze

Post by ClemCarter » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:18 pm

utcris410 wrote:hey whatever happened with the guy who had a friend get in via the status checker???!!! :!: :?:

He was going to check back with the guy. There were credibility questions....

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

owhlcn

Bronze

Post by owhlcn » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:19 pm

oneforship wrote:
owhlcn wrote:
who else? i've only ever seen yours and it always makes me happy.
someone else has a hobbes one, and i saw a calvin one out there too but i don't think they post much. so really only 4 people.
why change there is nothing greater than c&h

Lieut Kaffee

Silver

Post by Lieut Kaffee » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:24 pm

Foreman would go to Harvard. He's very academic and very cutthroat and competitive. Gunner written all over him.

owhlcn

Bronze

Post by owhlcn » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:48 pm

LieutKaffee wrote:Foreman would go to Harvard. He's very academic and very cutthroat and competitive. Gunner written all over him.
agreed wholeheartedly. I'm going to go ahead and put (new, blonde) cameron @ stanford. underneath that grumpy exterior is a california girl, i think.

Lieut Kaffee

Silver

Post by Lieut Kaffee » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:54 pm

owhlcn wrote:
LieutKaffee wrote:Foreman would go to Harvard. He's very academic and very cutthroat and competitive. Gunner written all over him.
agreed wholeheartedly. I'm going to go ahead and put (new, blonde) cameron @ stanford. underneath that grumpy exterior is a california girl, i think.
Too bad she and Chase didn't stay together. They make a nice California couple.

As it is, we might as well keep them as far apart as possible. Chase seems like a good fit for the international emphasis at CLS, and he's got that rich kid snobby background going for him as well.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dms87

Bronze

Post by dms87 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:34 pm

SPOILERS!!!!

Not everyone has been able to keep up with every episode; my fiancee and I are about 5 behind, and I didn't know about this stuff, yet! I just saw the one with the African tyrant.....pooooop.

P.S. We are watching Gossip Girl on TiVo at the moment. Yes, I admitted it (for the 2nd time). I'm a guy and I watch it. Cotillion is funny.

rx3r

Bronze

Post by rx3r » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:43 pm

ClemCarter wrote:
utcris410 wrote:hey whatever happened with the guy who had a friend get in via the status checker???!!! :!: :?:

That Thales guy isn't reading as accepted on LSN anymore. Wonder what that was all about.

Lieut Kaffee

Silver

Post by Lieut Kaffee » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:45 pm

dms87 wrote:SPOILERS!!!!

Not everyone has been able to keep up with every episode; my fiancee and I are about 5 behind, and I didn't know about this stuff, yet! I just saw the one with the African tyrant.....pooooop.

P.S. We are watching Gossip Girl on TiVo at the moment. Yes, I admitted it (for the 2nd time). I'm a guy and I watch it. Cotillion is funny.
Pay close attention; that's a landmark episode.

For the record, I did type "SPOILERS" on the first post I made regarding House. My apologies for slacking in that regard.

irie

Bronze

Post by irie » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:06 pm

when i refreshed this thread and saw 7 new pages since this morning, i assumed it was because a ton of people got accepted and everyone was excited exchanging congrats.

but this is even better :lol:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:10 pm

irie wrote:when i refreshed this thread and saw 7 new pages since this morning, i assumed it was because a ton of people got accepted and everyone was excited exchanging congrats.

but this is even better :lol:
I have learned more about what schools I want to attend off of the discussions in the threads then anything else. Like Columbia seems great now and Cornell seems like crap.

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:11 pm

so im guessing no one had any insight with respect to that question i posed a couple pages back.....

will cls hold off on an ed decision since i'm taking the dec lsat, despite the fact that i requested that they not?

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:14 pm

talibkweli wrote:so im guessing no one had any insight with respect to that question i posed a couple pages back.....

will cls hold off on an ed decision since i'm taking the dec lsat, despite the fact that i requested that they not?
You could always call and ask. IMO, if 170 is good enough for them, they'll accept you ED since you'll be bound to attend, no matter what your new score. If 170 isn't good enough for them, they'll defer you to see whether the new score is good enough.

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:14 pm

talibkweli wrote:so im guessing no one had any insight with respect to that question i posed a couple pages back.....

A while back someone at Columbia (I believe M15?) said that Columbia often requests additional info. So they may in your case, depending on your index, wait for it if needed. Much like if they would ask for a updated transcript from a current college student. This is conjecture though.

Oh yeah I have a 4.459 index for what it is worth from back when we were talking about that. Didn't take the time to figure it out until recently.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BaiAilian2013

Silver

Post by BaiAilian2013 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:19 pm

ClemCarter wrote:

Yeah wtf?? He has had plenty of time; report back already!! I call bullshit, despite having no idea why someone would lie about that.

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:22 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:

You could always call and ask. IMO, if 170 is good enough for them, they'll accept you ED since you'll be bound to attend, no matter what your new score. If 170 isn't good enough for them, they'll defer you to see whether the new score is good enough.

yeah i figured this. if i get in after taking the test but before getting my score and end up sitting on a 180 but with no merit aid bargaining power, i might actually cry.

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:24 pm

talibkweli wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:

yeah i figured this. if i get in after taking the test but before getting my score and end up sitting on a 180 but with no merit aid bargaining power, i might actually cry.
Uh you could just call and give them your updated score and then they will obviously look at it. Good luck Sat. on the 180. Testing in same place?

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:27 pm

if i get in ED before i get my score back, i'll be bound to attend columbia. if i end up nailing my retake like i just did a preptest, i'll have an awesome score but no way to get some extra scholarship money with it. at best, the admissions office will send me a holiday card for unnecessarily helping their lsat median.

no, i'll actually be going to another location.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

violaboy

Bronze

Post by violaboy » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:27 pm

BaiAilian2013 wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:

Yeah wtf?? He has had plenty of time; report back already!! I call bullshit, despite having no idea why someone would lie about that.
Sorry guys! I had to go to class and then work.

He just told me that his status checker went from "Complete" to "Decision Mailed" or something like that, so he just figured that it was an acceptance.

BaiAilian2013

Silver

Post by BaiAilian2013 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:29 pm

violaboy wrote: He just told me that his status checker went from "Complete" to "Decision Mailed" or something like that, so he just figured that it was an acceptance.
And he was definitely RD? Ack!!

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:29 pm

violaboy wrote:
BaiAilian2013 wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:

Sorry guys! I had to go to class and then work.

He just told me that his status checker went from "Complete" to "Decision Mailed" or something like that, so he just figured that it was an acceptance.

either there is a misunderstanding, "he" is lying, or you're making stuff up.
Last edited by APimpNamedSlickback on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:30 pm

talibkweli wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:

Good luck on the retake. Although I will be a touch bitter if you get a better score than me.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”