Columbia 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
creatinganalt

Bronze

Re: Columbia 2010

Post by creatinganalt » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:45 pm

just withdrew

(am a URM so may need a replacement)

Good luck!

SanBun

Silver

Post by SanBun » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:22 pm

So after writing Columbia Law , requesting that my decision be sent via PDF as I am abroad for the next 3 months,
they didn't respond for about 2 weeks.

then i called. They asked me for my name. Put me on hold to look up my file. Told me that sending out my decision via PDF was not a priority so I should just wait for e-mail. snail mail decision has been sent out over two weeks ago.

So they basically just told me that i was not important enough/ have not been accepted. it's ok, didn't expect any other outcome but man... "not a priority"? kinda hurts to hear that

Anyway, good luck to those still waiting!

ps. I was Ed, have been waiting since October. i know most ed ppl already heard back... I wish i could just tear open that letter...

$1.99

Silver

Post by $1.99 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:29 pm

yeah columbia is a douche bag from what i gather this cycle

lunu

New

Post by lunu » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:57 pm

I've been completed since March 9th and have heard nothing.

I've been fairly content with waiting since I'm such a long shot but is there anyone else out there still waiting? From March 9th? URMs?

I sent them an email asking for an update while also asking for them to continue and hold my app until I get my final grades in.

My plan is to pressure them into wait listing me. Flawless - I know.

Rand M.

Silver

Post by Rand M. » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:04 pm

lunu wrote:I've been completed since March 9th and have heard nothing.

I've been fairly content with waiting since I'm such a long shot but is there anyone else out there still waiting? From March 9th? URMs?

I sent them an email asking for an update while also asking for them to continue and hold my app until I get my final grades in.

Haha, March 9th? I have been complete since October. I just got the 'Reserve" letter today. Could care less as I was already deposited at Chicago, but it is nice for the whole thing to be over.
$1.99 wrote:yeah columbia is a douche bag from what i gather this cycle

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bicoastal

New

Post by bicoastal » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:43 pm

lunu wrote:I've been completed since March 9th and have heard nothing.

I'm not an URM, but have also been complete since the Feb LSAT score came in 3/9. I haven't heard anything at all. You are not alone. I just hope they don't Reserve everyone, like it seems from TLS. If the list is as big as it seems, getting off would be impossible.

fidesverita

Bronze

Post by fidesverita » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:42 am

Anyone know how many people they have taken off the reserve/WL group last year? Just curious if there's even hope to get off the list. Or if I should just give up and reapply.

100Kworthit?

New

Post by 100Kworthit? » Sat May 01, 2010 7:48 pm

yea i was complete in dec having submitted late november, but was STILL under review as of april 29th, ... and still haven't received a letter, so ive been restraining myself from calling again but its a bit ridiculous...

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Sat May 01, 2010 9:57 pm

If anyone would not mind critiquing my final LOCI, please PM me. Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

leospaceman

New

Post by leospaceman » Tue May 04, 2010 8:00 am

I'm trying to remember what the 4/21 reserve letter said...did they ask us to contact the admissions office and let them know if we'd like to stay on the reserve list or do they automatically throw us on there? Thanks.

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Tue May 04, 2010 8:45 am

leospaceman wrote:I'm trying to remember what the 4/21 reserve letter said...did they ask us to contact the admissions office and let them know if we'd like to stay on the reserve list or do they automatically throw us on there? Thanks.
You had to log onto that reserve web site and click the "I wish to remain on your wait list" option.

haroldfordIII

New

Post by haroldfordIII » Fri May 07, 2010 2:55 pm

calyx_of_isis wrote:Hey - I have been lurking this thread for awhile. Thanks for all of the quality information.

I was part of the 4/23 hold group and today received my Reserve letter. It was hand-signed by Dean Iwerebon and included a short handwritten note at the bottom to asking me to "please keep us informed about your status over the next few months." Is this special treatment, or did everyone get this? Is this a sign that I'm a strong candidate for getting pulled from the Reserve list later?
Has this happened to anyone else? Is this prevalent/what does it mean?

emanon27

New

Post by emanon27 » Fri May 07, 2010 3:27 pm

Isis et al,

Hey, I have no idea what the handwritten note means. But I was also wait listed in late April and had the same hand written note from the dean.

I'm not a URM and can't think of any reason why it'd be on there for me.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

100Kworthit?

New

Post by 100Kworthit? » Fri May 07, 2010 6:10 pm

was put on reserve on april 30th, but no handwritten note.... but im also a long shot candidate so maybe its good news for u!

fidesverita

Bronze

Post by fidesverita » Wed May 12, 2010 2:08 pm

Is it too early to see movement on the WL? I'm getting impatient!

dreaming

Bronze

Post by dreaming » Wed May 12, 2010 2:14 pm

fidesverita wrote:Is it too early to see movement on the WL? I'm getting impatient!
According to last year's thread, I don't think they'll be any movement until the first week of June... :oops:

lawyering

Bronze

Post by lawyering » Thu May 13, 2010 10:05 am

If anyone on this thread would like the Columbia admit materials (mailed to me after I was accepted) for free and lives in the Boston/Cambridge area, please send me a PM. Columbia had the best materials of any school I got into, but I won't be attending and would like them to go to a good home.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

haroldfordIII

New

Post by haroldfordIII » Thu May 13, 2010 10:30 am

I was looking at past waitlist threads for Columbia. It doesn't seem like they take a lot of people from the Reserve list. Does anyone else have this impression?

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Thu May 13, 2010 12:00 pm

haroldfordIII wrote:I was looking at past waitlist threads for Columbia. It doesn't seem like they take a lot of people from the Reserve list. Does anyone else have this impression?
Same here. I read in another thread that it's common for CLS to not take anybody off their WL. Are you planning on attending NYU?

haroldfordIII

New

Post by haroldfordIII » Thu May 13, 2010 10:07 pm

Core wrote:
haroldfordIII wrote:I was looking at past waitlist threads for Columbia. It doesn't seem like they take a lot of people from the Reserve list. Does anyone else have this impression?
Same here. I read in another thread that it's common for CLS to not take anybody off their WL. Are you planning on attending NYU?
Yup. I am deposited there. What about you?

Core

Silver

Post by Core » Fri May 14, 2010 7:37 pm

haroldfordIII wrote:
Core wrote:
Penn, but still holding out some hope for these WLs.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

fidesverita

Bronze

Post by fidesverita » Sat May 15, 2010 12:26 pm

Core wrote:
haroldfordIII wrote:
Core wrote:
Penn, but still holding out some hope for these WLs.
Does Penn allow you to stay on WLs? Boalt doesn't... which makes this a huge problem since Boalt's deadline is in two weeks!

Genki

Bronze

Post by Genki » Sat May 15, 2010 11:51 pm

Core wrote:
leospaceman wrote:I'm trying to remember what the 4/21 reserve letter said...did they ask us to contact the admissions office and let them know if we'd like to stay on the reserve list or do they automatically throw us on there? Thanks.
You had to log onto that reserve web site and click the "I wish to remain on your wait list" option.
Has the deadline for this already past? could somebody post the URL. I was out of town when the letter came. I asked my brother to open it and he told me I was waitlisted. Since I didn't read the letter myself, I didn't realize that there was action needed to stay on the waitlist. Hope its not too late.

odiero

New

Post by odiero » Mon May 17, 2010 11:59 am

Genki wrote:
Core wrote:
Has the deadline for this already past? could somebody post the URL. I was out of town when the letter came. I asked my brother to open it and he told me I was waitlisted. Since I didn't read the letter myself, I didn't realize that there was action needed to stay on the waitlist. Hope its not too late.
Damn. That sucks.

It's probably too late to submit the online form.

I would call the admissions office and explain your situation.

justbluemyself

New

Post by justbluemyself » Mon May 24, 2010 12:11 am

I just withdrew; hope it helps someone here!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”