U Chicago 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Lermontov
Posts: 220
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Lermontov » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:46 pm

crackberry wrote:Cool. I went complete more than a month earlier than you, but the fact that you're still UR 11/25 makes me think we're not out of the race yet.


Pretty sure you've had a good cycle so far, if I remember correctly. And since I'm in the same group as you, I'm going to hold on to a tender hope that you're right.

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:06 pm

Under review...as of today.

georgina
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby georgina » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:07 pm

arb44 wrote:In!!!!! via email instead of call

I'm not international, so I'm guessing it was just an automated time for the email?

Congrats all!


wow, aren't you a splitter? cool, congrats!! :)

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby crackberry » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:12 pm

Lermontov wrote:
crackberry wrote:Cool. I went complete more than a month earlier than you, but the fact that you're still UR 11/25 makes me think we're not out of the race yet.


Pretty sure you've had a good cycle so far, if I remember correctly. And since I'm in the same group as you, I'm going to hold on to a tender hope that you're right.

Yes, I have had a good cycle and so has sfdreaming, which is why I asked about him. People like VoidSix and 0L have also not reported getting in yet and their numbers are fantastic, so I'm not concerned at this point.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:15 pm

crackberry wrote:
Lermontov wrote:
crackberry wrote:Cool. I went complete more than a month earlier than you, but the fact that you're still UR 11/25 makes me think we're not out of the race yet.


Pretty sure you've had a good cycle so far, if I remember correctly. And since I'm in the same group as you, I'm going to hold on to a tender hope that you're right.

Yes, I have had a good cycle and so has sfdreaming, which is why I asked about him. People like VoidSix and 0L have also not reported getting in yet and their numbers are fantastic, so I'm not concerned at this point.


Me neither. I went complete on 11/3, so the 8-10 week estimate puts me at a mid-January decision.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby crackberry » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:16 pm

managamy wrote:Me neither. I went complete until 11/3, so the 8-10 week estimate puts me at a mid-January decision.

I wasn't counting you because you applied so much later than me, sfdreaming or V6.

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:16 pm

Well I went complete officially at 10/29...and then UR today!

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:17 pm

crackberry wrote:
managamy wrote:Me neither. I went complete on 11/3, so the 8-10 week estimate puts me at a mid-January decision.

I wasn't counting you because you applied so much later than me, sfdreaming or V6.


You make me sound lazy. :wink: At the time, everyone thought that I applied very early.

sfdreaming09
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:54 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby sfdreaming09 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:20 pm

crackberry wrote:
Lermontov wrote:
crackberry wrote:Cool. I went complete more than a month earlier than you, but the fact that you're still UR 11/25 makes me think we're not out of the race yet.


Pretty sure you've had a good cycle so far, if I remember correctly. And since I'm in the same group as you, I'm going to hold on to a tender hope that you're right.

Yes, I have had a good cycle and so has sfdreaming, which is why I asked about him. People like VoidSix and 0L have also not reported getting in yet and their numbers are fantastic, so I'm not concerned at this point.


cb, btw, any predictions for Thursday's game? I actually bought tickets for the game because I'm going to be out in Texas for a week starting tomorrow. Although I would never say this publicly lest I be hung for treason, I will be secretly rooting for you guys. I can't stand Oklahoma.
Last edited by sfdreaming09 on Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
GhostDynasty
Posts: 71
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:18 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby GhostDynasty » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:23 pm

So, if I got updated today, does that mean im in?

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby crackberry » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:25 pm

sfdreaming09 wrote:cb, btw, any predictions for Thursday's game? I actually bought tickets for the game because I'm going to be out in Texas for a week starting tomorrow. Although I would never say this publicly lest I might be hung for treason, I will be secretly rooting for you guys. I can't stand Oklahoma.

If Andrew Luck doesn't play, I think the Sooners will win. Our defense is porous and without Luck at QB, we have no threat of a passing game, so Oklahoma will just stuff 8 in the box to stop Toby and cover our receivers 1-on-1.

If Luck plays, and it looks like he will despite the fact that Tavita will start, then we have a much better chance because Oklahoma will have to drop 4 or 5 to protect against the deep ball, which will open some holes for Toby.

If Luck plays significant minutes, we win. If not, we lose.

Also, I rooted for Cal against Utah. Too bad the Mountain West owns the Pac 10 in bowl games.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby crackberry » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:26 pm

GhostDynasty wrote:So, if I got updated today, does that mean im in?

If you got a call or an email, you're in. If no, of course not. There are others with 12/29 updates who haven't heard anything yet.

ankit
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:48 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby ankit » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:36 pm

No news for me as yet! :( I went complete end September and UR 11/25 and then 12/14. No date change today, so I'm guessing this doesn't bode well for me. Is it likely that they will send out more acceptances this week?

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby crackberry » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:46 pm

ankit wrote:No news for me as yet! :( I went complete end September and UR 11/25 and then 12/14. No date change today, so I'm guessing this doesn't bode well for me. Is it likely that they will send out more acceptances this week?

No. Apparently there won't be any more until 2010.

freeflowfox
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:33 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby freeflowfox » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:10 pm

Accepted!!!

December 30th, at 10:09 in the morning Asia time, so... 8:00PM Eastern time.

I was 100% absolute certain of rejection. RD.

dwoolsto
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:20 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby dwoolsto » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:11 pm

IN. Congrats all

thorntll
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:17 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby thorntll » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:22 pm

Can I just say... I have NO idea how the hell I got in. Literally, on TLS, the only people with my scores who got in are URMs. Maybe they think I'm Latina? I'll take it!

freeflowfox
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:33 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby freeflowfox » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:29 pm

thorntll wrote:Can I just say... I have NO idea how the hell I got in. Literally, on TLS, the only people with my scores who got in are URMs. Maybe they think I'm Latina? I'll take it!


feel the same way! Congrads everyone!

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28261
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Kronk » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:04 pm

Just got in also. No way I attend. I like t-shirts too much.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby crackberry » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:05 pm

VoidSix wrote:Just got in also. No way I attend. I like t-shirts too much.

If your cycle ended today, V6, where would you go? Berkeley or NYU?

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28261
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Kronk » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:07 pm

Berkeley for sure.

NaiveHope
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:04 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby NaiveHope » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:07 pm

I went complete 11/2...got my rejection e-mail 12/28 7 pm.

God has a funny sense of humor

viking138
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:55 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby viking138 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:41 pm

Got in this afternoon (12:30pm PST) via a very nice phone call. Very exciting since UChicago is one of my top choices! For reference, I was RD, complete in early October. My numbers are 170/3.8.

Good luck to all!!

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:47 pm

NaiveHope wrote:I went complete 11/2...got my rejection e-mail 12/28 7 pm.

God has a funny sense of humor


Im sorry about the rejection. Curious about your #'s?

S

User avatar
AngryAvocado
Posts: 776
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby AngryAvocado » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:01 pm

thorntll wrote:Can I just say... I have NO idea how the hell I got in. Literally, on TLS, the only people with my scores who got in are URMs. Maybe they think I'm Latina? I'll take it!


Just looking at your LSN, you're well above median GPA (and graduated in top 5% of your class so it's not just inflated), and you have impressive softs-- including eleven published articles. The only place their median takes a hit with you is LSAT, and I'd say your softs more than make up for that.

Don't underestimate yourself, and congrats on getting into a great school!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ad34964n, carlos_danger, curry1, genjustice, Kaziende, laqueredup, lawnerd87, LawSchoolTitan, Thomas Hagan, ESQ., tinafeyclone and 42 guests