U Chicago 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:57 pm

boo_pragmatism wrote:Still saying it went under review 11/25.

Its ok boo, stay calm. It doesn't mean anything.

Right?

Fuck.


I'm going to go ahead and assume my non-update = bad news.

User avatar
TaipeiMort
Posts: 874
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:51 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby TaipeiMort » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:03 pm

I think its only signifying that particular RD applications have gone back under review, particularly those very strong applicants they'd like to get offers to ASAP. I don't think it means anything to us ED folks, except they have transitioned back to reviewing RD applicants.

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:04 pm

I've been complete since 11/03 and not under review.

In hindsight, I kinda wish I EDed to Chicago. I'm hoping I can slip in RD.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby puppleberry finn » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:05 pm

I'm still at complete. from October. sucks.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:06 pm

puppins wrote:I'm still at complete. from October. sucks.


Well that might change our strongest applicants theory

User avatar
TaipeiMort
Posts: 874
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:51 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby TaipeiMort » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:07 pm

boo_pragmatism wrote:
TaipeiMort wrote:I think its only signifying that particular RD applications have gone back under review, particularly those very strong applicants they'd like to get offers to ASAP. I don't think it means anything to us ED folks, except they have transitioned back to reviewing RD applicants.

So I'm guessing you didn't update?


No. still at under review 12/4

owhlcn
Posts: 276
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:06 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby owhlcn » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:07 pm

puppins wrote:I'm still at complete. from October. sucks.


ditto, complete 10/29 nothing since

JohnYuu
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby JohnYuu » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:12 pm

Can we get complete dates for all the newly updated people? Me: Late Sept. Above median GPA/LSAT. Updated today.
I have a feeling that our date change is simply because we applied early and has no bearing on our chances.

psychomohel
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:02 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby psychomohel » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:17 pm

JohnYuu wrote:Can we get complete dates for all the newly updated people? Me: Late Sept. Above median GPA/LSAT. Updated today.
I have a feeling that our date change is simply because we applied early and has no bearing on our chances.



My status was not updated.

Complete 9/08
Under Review 11/25
Media LSAT
Above Median GPA
Strong Softs
Last edited by psychomohel on Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnYuu
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby JohnYuu » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:19 pm

psychomohel wrote:
JohnYuu wrote:Can we get complete dates for all the newly updated people? Me: Late Sept. Above median GPA/LSAT. Updated today.
I have a feeling that our date change is simply because we applied early and has no bearing on our chances.



My status was not updated.

Complete 9/08
Under Review 11/25
Media LSAT
Above Media GPA
Strong Softs

Hmmm, this is very interesting. Any other theories??

User avatar
TaipeiMort
Posts: 874
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:51 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby TaipeiMort » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:21 pm

ED Application in at 11:59 EST 12/1
12/4 UR
No Change

Median LSAT
75th GPA
Strong UG
Good Softs

User avatar
TaipeiMort
Posts: 874
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:51 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby TaipeiMort » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:22 pm

JohnYuu wrote:
psychomohel wrote:
JohnYuu wrote:Can we get complete dates for all the newly updated people? Me: Late Sept. Above median GPA/LSAT. Updated today.
I have a feeling that our date change is simply because we applied early and has no bearing on our chances.



My status was not updated.

Complete 9/08
Under Review 11/25
Media LSAT
Above Media GPA
Strong Softs

Hmmm, this is very interesting. Any other theories??


My theory on the previous page.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28019
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Kronk » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:23 pm

My date updated as well today. Isn't that just a random occurrence? People have conjecturing that it means a decision is coming but I sort of think it doesn't. It seems to happen a lot at every school kind of randomly on certain days.

FWIW, applied 9-17, complete 9-18, UR 11-25.

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:23 pm

.
Last edited by Anastasia Dee Dualla on Sat May 02, 2015 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

psychomohel
Posts: 181
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:02 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby psychomohel » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:24 pm

JohnYuu wrote:
psychomohel wrote:
JohnYuu wrote:Can we get complete dates for all the newly updated people? Me: Late Sept. Above median GPA/LSAT. Updated today.
I have a feeling that our date change is simply because we applied early and has no bearing on our chances.



My status was not updated.

Complete 9/08
Under Review 11/25
Media LSAT
Above Media GPA
Strong Softs

Hmmm, this is very interesting. Any other theories??


I'm going to go ahead and guess that it's random and means nothing. Maybe those people went back under review for some reason?

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:24 pm

VoidSix wrote:My date updated as well today. Isn't that just a random occurrence? People have conjecturing that it means a decision is coming but I sort of think it doesn't. It seems to happen a lot at every school kind of randomly on certain days.

FWIW, applied 9-17, complete 9-18, UR 11-25.


Futile conjecturing is all we have left at this point.

User avatar
johnstuartmill
Posts: 214
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 9:53 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby johnstuartmill » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:29 pm

VoidSix wrote:My date updated as well today. Isn't that just a random occurrence? People have conjecturing that it means a decision is coming but I sort of think it doesn't. It seems to happen a lot at every school kind of randomly on certain days.

FWIW, applied 9-17, complete 9-18, UR 11-25.

If the updating is a completely random thing, then it's a little weird that all the updated applications so far have been RD.

JohnYuu
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby JohnYuu » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:30 pm

Well, just going off of what they said on twitter, "We review in the order apps are completed and started with Sept. completes", it would seem that the new updates are simply "Sept. completes".

arb44
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:53 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby arb44 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:31 pm

My UR updated from 11/25 to 12/14

I would love to think it was positive, but I just can't get my hopes up, not with exams right now.

Complete on 9/25
LSAT 172 GPA below 25%

Oh, and I am RD

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28019
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Kronk » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:33 pm

Chicago would be pretty exciting, the federal IBR has made me think I could at least consider it instead of NYU or Berkeley, as I wouldn't need their LRAP. Opportunities are certainly much better for clerkships and such.

User avatar
kurama20
Posts: 675
Joined: Thu May 24, 2007 5:04 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby kurama20 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:36 pm

VoidSix wrote:Chicago would be pretty exciting, the federal IBR has made me think I could at least consider it instead of NYU or Berkeley, as I wouldn't need their LRAP. Opportunities are certainly much better for clerkships and such.


Chicago is awesome. I must admit I got scared away from it a bit because of the high average debt load, lack of good LRAP, and their grading system makes me a bit nervous, but had I not had those personal issues I would have strongly considered EDing there.

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby kittenmittons » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:03 pm

Above median GPA
75th LSAT
Complete 10/22

No update

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Helmholtz » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:04 pm

kittenmittons wrote:Above median GPA
75th LSAT
Complete 10/22

No update


Oh, if kittenmittons is part of the non-update group, I'm definitely taking it as a bad sign.

hesitantstyle
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:32 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby hesitantstyle » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:21 pm

Complete 10/13, UR 12/08

LSAT/GPA at the median. OK softs. Strong PS (I think). URM. Targeted LOR from former faculty member.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby 02082010 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:24 am

Almost had a heart attack when I saw 3 pages were added to this thread over the course of the day. It seems like no ED'ers updated today. I think the first ED decisions really won't be released until Monday, possibly w/ a few RD sprinkled in, but I don't think the early RD people will hear until after the new year.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”