U Chicago 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
UnitarySpace

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby UnitarySpace » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:49 pm

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrejected.

eagles111

Postby eagles111 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:51 pm

Waitlist via email. 4/2. 3.71/176 complete 2/4.

quetzalcoatl

Postby quetzalcoatl » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:51 pm

OMG Just got the call! Im in!!!!! Im freaking out, this made my cycle!!!

legalnoeagle

Postby legalnoeagle » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:53 pm

Last edited by legalnoeagle on Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:53 pm

4/2 rejected.

quetzalcoatl

Postby quetzalcoatl » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:54 pm

Am I the only person that got accepted today?

joshhoward

Postby joshhoward » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:01 pm

4/2 WL email. ~170/3.85

bloodonthetracks

Postby bloodonthetracks » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:02 pm

quetzalcoatl wrote:OMG Just got the call! Im in!!!!! Im freaking out, this made my cycle!!!

awesome. congrats.

Core

Postby Core » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:02 pm

Is Chicago's seat deposit binding? In other words, if I, after depositing, withdraw at a later date to attend a law school whose decision was pending, am I acting unethically and potentially running into trouble?

nuss3

Postby nuss3 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:07 pm

went UR again today; got a rejection e-mail a few hours later.

Core

Postby Core » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:11 pm

Core wrote:Is Chicago's seat deposit binding? In other words, if I, after depositing, withdraw at a later date to attend a law school whose decision was pending, am I acting unethically and potentially running into trouble?

I ask because I checked online and it seems a bit confusing. Anybody know?

ontologyfail

Postby ontologyfail » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:17 pm

Core wrote:
Core wrote:Is Chicago's seat deposit binding? In other words, if I, after depositing, withdraw at a later date to attend a law school whose decision was pending, am I acting unethically and potentially running into trouble?

Can't you chose between "I'm definitely for sure pinkie swear coming" and "I'm coming unless ______" where you get to fill in your own blank? I was ED, so I didn't pay that much attention.

quetzalcoatl

Postby quetzalcoatl » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:23 pm

Looks like today was a blood bath. Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting.

Core

Postby Core » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:35 pm

ontologyfail wrote:
Core wrote:

Can't you chose between "I'm definitely for sure pinkie swear coming" and "I'm coming unless ______" where you get to fill in your own blank? I was ED, so I didn't pay that much attention.

Lol no.

ontologyfail

Postby ontologyfail » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:54 pm

Core wrote:
ontologyfail wrote:
Core wrote:

Lol no.

Ah, indeed, they have changed the forms. That's what it looked like in previous years. In any case, they explicitly state that you don't need to withdraw from waitlists or schools you haven't received a decision from yet; you only have to withdraw from all of the schools that are presently offering you a seat. You'll only get in trouble for withdrawing from Chicago if you deposit with them and another school at the same time.

junelsat

Postby junelsat » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:57 pm

Core wrote:
ontologyfail wrote:
Core wrote:

Lol no.

I haven't read their policy, but my common sense tells me it isn't a problem. I'm sure Chicago admits some waitlisted candidates that have put down deposits at other schools, and I'm sure people put down deposits with them and end up and other schools all the time.

Core

Postby Core » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:59 pm

Lol no.

Ah, indeed, they have changed the forms. That's what it looked like in previous years. In any case, they explicitly state that you don't need to withdraw from waitlists or schools you haven't received a decision from yet; you only have to withdraw from all of the schools that are presently offering you a seat. You'll only get in trouble for withdrawing from Chicago if you deposit with them and another school at the same time.

Ok, but why do you say that they do not require you to withdraw from schools you haven't received a decision from yet? Am I missing something? Text, from the admitted students' web site below.

"The Law School has a policy that applicants should have, at any time, only one deposit or letter of intent to enroll at a law school unless there are extenuating circumstances that prevent the applicant from making a decision among outstanding offers of admission. When you reserve a seat in the Class of 2013, we request that you withdraw any deposits or commitments to attend any other law school and withdraw any outstanding applications for which you have not received a decision. You are not required to remove your name from waitlists at other law schools."

Core

Postby Core » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:00 pm

I haven't read their policy, but my common sense tells me it isn't a problem. I'm sure Chicago admits some waitlisted candidates that have put down deposits at other schools, and I'm sure people put down deposits with them and end up and other schools all the time.

I posted their stated policy below. Let me know what you think.

junelsat

Postby junelsat » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:02 pm

Don't think you pasted it. Anyway, I'm UR 4/1 and then 4/2, haven't heard from them today, anybody think I have a shot? Looks like some great numbers got waitlisted/rejected today.

Core

Postby Core » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:03 pm

junelsat wrote:Don't think you pasted it. Anyway, I'm UR 4/1 and then 4/2, haven't heard from them today, anybody think I have a shot? Looks like some great numbers got waitlisted/rejected today.

Sorry, I pasted it above (not below lol).

jks289

Postby jks289 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:04 pm

Core wrote:

Lol no.

Ok, but why do you say that they do not require you to withdraw from schools you haven't received a decision from yet? Am I missing something? Text, from the admitted students' web site below.

"The Law School has a policy that applicants should have, at any time, only one deposit or letter of intent to enroll at a law school unless there are extenuating circumstances that prevent the applicant from making a decision among outstanding offers of admission. When you reserve a seat in the Class of 2013, we request that you withdraw any deposits or commitments to attend any other law school and withdraw any outstanding applications for which you have not received a decision. You are not required to remove your name from waitlists at other law schools."

The stated policy seems fairly clear. Once you deposit you have to withdraw. I'd call and discuss with the admission's office. Just tell them you haven't heard from X schools and can't put down a good faith deposit until you do. They may be willing to extend the deposit deadline for you.

Postby 02122015 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:04 pm

Last edited by 02122015 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TrackTony88

Postby TrackTony88 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:08 pm

Still UR...maybe a good thing I survived the bloodbath? Maybe I will be part of the next bloodbath haha...hopefully not!

URM, >75% GPA, <25%LSAT

Applied 1/07, UR 3/24, 3/26

tigrelis

Postby tigrelis » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:10 pm

Application Denied: Notified by Email

is what my status checker said when i went to check on it (had to make sure haha) after my ding email. First official ding. Expected.

myrockyourrock911

Postby myrockyourrock911 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:11 pm

jks289 wrote:
Core wrote:

Lol no.

The stated policy seems fairly clear. Once you deposit you have to withdraw. I'd call and discuss with the admission's office. Just tell them you haven't heard from X schools and can't put down a good faith deposit until you do. They may be willing to extend the deposit deadline for you.

How would they verify whether or not you withdrew from other schools - especially because they allow you to remain on other waitlists? Their policy seems rigid.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”