U Chicago 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mh7777
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:20 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby mh7777 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:38 pm

julesm2200 wrote:Just in via phone call!!! Under review on 3/4 and again 3/9.

edit: sorry to those who got WL/ding. I feel very awkward right now.


No worries. Congratulations are in order. Will you be in Hyde Park next year, or are you still waiting on others?

User avatar
grrrstick
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:58 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby grrrstick » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:40 pm

WL here too. Pretty shitty of them to make me write an essay for a scholarship.

And big congrats to the admits!

holborn
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby holborn » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:42 pm

mh7777 wrote:
julesm2200 wrote:Just in via phone call!!! Under review on 3/4 and again 3/9.

edit: sorry to those who got WL/ding. I feel very awkward right now.


No worries. Congratulations are in order. Will you be in Hyde Park next year, or are you still waiting on others?


thanks! I'm still waiting on a few, and am considering some other places, but chicago is definitely in the running! I have no idea how im going to make this decision...

oh and im 3.7/172 for those who are wondering.

lawgod
Posts: 465
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:22 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby lawgod » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:49 pm

strokes788 wrote:
lawgod wrote:under review- 03/09.


If you don't mind me asking, when did you go complete?


applied 12/16 complete 1/26

User avatar
quetzalcoatl
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:23 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby quetzalcoatl » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:22 pm

Actualy a little exited about not hearing anything today. So many waitlists on this board, kinda got me scared. I hope today was mostly WLs and tommorow/Friday will be for acceptances (at least thats how Im going to self rationalize it so that I can get back to studying).

MPMP
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:32 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby MPMP » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:23 pm

I went from my original UR date, 3/4 to 3/9, and still have not heard anything. Any consensus on what this means?

Quetzalcotal, I am in the same boat.

User avatar
gilly
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby gilly » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:25 pm

I got in!!!!!! She called about an hour ago, in the middle of my french quiz haha. ahhh soooo excited!! :)

jitsrenzo
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:48 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby jitsrenzo » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:26 pm

lsnoob wrote:anyone hear yet about the "new merit scholarship?"


Waiting here too

MPMP
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:32 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby MPMP » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:30 pm

gilly wrote:I got in!!!!!! She called about an hour ago, in the middle of my french quiz haha. ahhh soooo excited!! :)


Awesome! Do you know your UR date?

User avatar
AngryAvocado
Posts: 776
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby AngryAvocado » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:54 pm

I'm replacing this post with a randomly generated haiku...

mules inseminate
dimly dimly, dark
silent inspiring
Last edited by AngryAvocado on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawgod
Posts: 465
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:22 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby lawgod » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:09 pm

people are posting multiple under review dates. what does that mean? how do you go under review twice?

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby GeePee » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:11 pm

Just 2 days after being asked to apply for a merit scholarship, I was waitlisted today. Who knows what they're doing over there; honestly the way that they've handled applications this cycle has definitely tainted my impression of their admissions office.

strokes788
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:09 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby strokes788 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:11 pm

GeePee wrote:Just 2 days after being asked to apply for a merit scholarship, I was waitlisted today. Who knows what they're doing over there; honestly the way that they've handled applications this cycle has definitely tainted my impression of their admissions office.


+1

User avatar
chutzpah
Posts: 344
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:16 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby chutzpah » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:12 pm

lawgod wrote:people are posting multiple under review dates. what does that mean? how do you go under review twice?


sometimes it changes. unclear what the significance is. For example, when I checked in late February, my review date was 2/15. When I checked again a couple of weeks later it had changed to 3/4.

User avatar
quetzalcoatl
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:23 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby quetzalcoatl » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:16 pm

MPMP wrote:I went from my original UR date, 3/4 to 3/9, and still have not heard anything. Any consensus on what this means?

Quetzalcotal, I am in the same boat.


UR 3/9. I sent an LOCI about 2 weeks ago. I hope they liked it (maybe thats why I didnt get the ding/list today?)

ivorynightfall
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:36 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby ivorynightfall » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:20 pm

GeePee wrote:Just 2 days after being asked to apply for a merit scholarship, I was waitlisted today. Who knows what they're doing over there; honestly the way that they've handled applications this cycle has definitely tainted my impression of their admissions office.


and i thought that chicago didn't YP? guess that proves them wrong...

[already submitted my withdrawal]

User avatar
Dignan
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:52 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Dignan » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:25 pm

ivorynightfall wrote:
GeePee wrote:Just 2 days after being asked to apply for a merit scholarship, I was waitlisted today. Who knows what they're doing over there; honestly the way that they've handled applications this cycle has definitely tainted my impression of their admissions office.


and i thought that chicago didn't YP? guess that proves them wrong...

I'm not sure that it's YP, exactly. Chicago has a small class size, and they have always been fond of finding people who "fit in" with with their program. In my case, my personal statement expressed interest in an area of law that Chicago is relatively weak in, especially compared to most other T10 schools. I'm not that surprised that I was waitlisted. And, to be honest, I'm not that disappointed.

User avatar
gilly
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby gilly » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:42 pm

MPMP wrote:
gilly wrote:I got in!!!!!! She called about an hour ago, in the middle of my french quiz haha. ahhh soooo excited!! :)


Awesome! Do you know your UR date?


Thanks!! and yeah it was 3/4, but I didn't check it Monday or Tuesday so I guess it could have changed.

User avatar
beef wellington
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby beef wellington » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:06 pm

.
Last edited by beef wellington on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawgod
Posts: 465
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:22 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby lawgod » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:34 pm

is it normal and accepted to send a loci to a school who you have not heard from yet? I have been assuming it is only for when you have been waitlisted

User avatar
Dignan
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:52 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Dignan » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:13 am

lawgod wrote:is it normal and accepted to send a loci to a school who you have not heard from yet? I have been assuming it is only for when you have been waitlisted

It depends on the school. Some schools, like UVA, seem to really like it; other schools, like Yale, seem to really hate it. I don't know how Chicago feels about it. Perhaps you should call and ask.

User avatar
los blancos
Posts: 7118
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby los blancos » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:40 pm

Would it be strange to send a LOCI telling Chicago they're my first choice and de facto EDing the day after Berkeley FR rejections went out? :mrgreen:

strokes788
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:09 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby strokes788 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:44 pm

Yesss under review 3/11. How has Chicago been treating 3.5+ 172s this year? Anyone stalk LSN enough to know :)?

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Unitas » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:45 pm

strokes788 wrote:Yesss under review 3/11. How has Chicago been treating 3.5+ 172s this year? Anyone stalk LSN enough to know :)?


WL most likely, people with decent numbers seemed to have been WLed in a bloodbath yesterday.

Good luck though, some also got in so hopefully you are one of those.

strokes788
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:09 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby strokes788 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:47 pm

Kakarot wrote:
strokes788 wrote:Yesss under review 3/11. How has Chicago been treating 3.5+ 172s this year? Anyone stalk LSN enough to know :)?


WL most likely, people with decent numbers seemed to have been WLed in a bloodbath yesterday.

Good luck though, some also got in so hopefully you are one of those.


Thank you! Not holding out a lot of hope at this point given the fact that I'm sure much of that small class has been filled already. It does make me a bit sad that it took literally 3 months from applying just to go under review and in that 3 months I probably lost the slim hope I had of getting anything higher than a waitlist lol




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], fattsdomino, jonsie and 9 guests