U Chicago 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Jericwithers

Gold

Re: U Chicago 2010

Post by Jericwithers » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:35 pm

Kronk wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
Kronk wrote:Well played.
You did tee it up for me. I would have missed it since I don't view this thread anymore, but my spider-sense was burning.
You may be upset to know that it didn't require Spider-Sense for me in the Duke thread.

--ImageRemoved--
Hahaha, I need to get into whatever law school you pick. I would dedicate my entire time to being your arch-nemesis and trying to thwart your plans.

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:39 pm

Agreed. Or at least in the same city.

DanInALionsDen

Bronze

Post by DanInALionsDen » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:51 pm

Complete today.

ashleigh

New

Post by ashleigh » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:10 am

blue5385 wrote:Does anyone know the latest complete date that has gone UR so far?
I'd like to know this too - celebrated my 2 month anniversary of being complete today.

Unitas

Silver

Post by Unitas » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:37 am

blue5385 wrote:Does anyone know the latest complete date that has gone UR so far?
I went UR on 2/15 and complete on 12/11....

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

humdrum

New

Post by humdrum » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:00 am

has anyone who submitted the additional essay due on mon heard anything?

blue5385

Silver

Post by blue5385 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:28 am

ashleigh wrote:
I'd like to know this too - celebrated my 2 month anniversary of being complete today.
I recently did too; if I haven't gone UR by the 10-week mark (which is the upper limit for the time frame they claimed they would have people's decisions out by), I'm going to call and ask if there is a problem with my app.

Eazy E

New

Post by Eazy E » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:33 am

dakatz wrote:I finally got the acceptance packet in the mail today. They stuffed the wrong letter into the packet though, so I have a letter addressed to some Indian girl. Good job, Chicago.
When was your acceptance date? Mine was 2/5 and still no packet.

squelp

New

Post by squelp » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:57 pm

dakatz wrote:I finally got the acceptance packet in the mail today. They stuffed the wrong letter into the packet though, so I have a letter addressed to some Indian girl. Good job, Chicago.
Maybe it was mine.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:58 pm

squelp wrote:
Maybe it was mine.
If your initials are SM, and you live in Jersey, then it probably is...

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:59 pm

Eazy E wrote:
When was your acceptance date? Mine was 2/5 and still no packet.
Status checker said packet was mailed on 2/5. Inside was the (incorrect) acceptance letter, the school viewbook, and a yearbook-style guide of all the JD students.

puppleberry finn

Silver

Post by puppleberry finn » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:02 pm

dakatz wrote:
squelp wrote:
Maybe it was mine.
lol this is amusing

gahthelaw

Silver

Post by gahthelaw » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:04 pm

dakatz wrote:
squelp wrote:
Maybe it was mine.
are you going to forward the letter to her?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:07 pm

puppleberry finn wrote:
dakatz wrote:
squelp wrote:
Maybe it was mine.
lol this is amusing
Yeah, it is. At least Chicago said they will send me a new one with the correct name. Lol, best part is, I do LSAT tutoring and one student asked for some credentials that I actually got into the schools I say I did, so I was planning on bringing the Chicago letter once I got it. But I don't think that would fly right now.

Edit: Typo in the original post about the letter. Its an Indian guy, not girl. And I guess I will forward this letter to him, even though I'm guessing he got my packet instead and is laughing about the same thing.

JollyGreenGiant

Silver

Post by JollyGreenGiant » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:26 pm

Is everyone's message generic in the letter.. like "Welcome to the Class of 2013"

or something similar?

AngryAvocado

Silver

Post by AngryAvocado » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:32 pm

JollyGreenGiant wrote:Is everyone's message generic in the letter.. like "Welcome to the Class of 2013"

or something similar?
Mine said the same followed by "Keep an eye out for your scholarship! Any day now!" ...

...in my handwriting.

LDC

New

Post by LDC » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:20 pm

Hey y'all - I submitted 11/17, went complete 12/10, went UR 2/15.

Does anyone have an idea of how long we have to wait for decisions after going UR? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks! :D

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lsathalon

Bronze

Post by lsathalon » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:29 pm

LDC wrote:Hey y'all - I submitted 11/17, went complete 12/10, went UR 2/15.

Does anyone have an idea of how long we have to wait for decisions after going UR? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks! :D
hunker down for a wait...well, not necessarily. It's been taking them forever to make decisions, but if they don't speed up sometime soon, admits won't know in time to attend admitted student weekend. I'm crossing my fingers that they'll pick up the pace.

Drea1919

New

Post by Drea1919 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:41 pm

LDC wrote:Hey y'all - I submitted 11/17, went complete 12/10, went UR 2/15.

I submitted 11/11, complete 11/25 under review in last cycle with phone call on the 5th. I think we were under review for maybe two weeks? I wasn't checking my status checker at all...

jadjerd

New

Post by jadjerd » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:53 am

Sent 12/3, Complete 12/18.. not Under review yet. This string is not making me hopeful and not impressing me with UC either. Are they really that unaccountable? What does that say about the school's management as a whole?

Anyways.. if anybody has any thoughts based on your collective wisdom of when they might actually take a peak at my application, I'd appreciate it. My buddy attending Michigan now said she didn't get her acceptance until days before her Summer Start at Michigan began, although I don't know when she applied. Lame. Jerking people around because you can't find an efficient way to get through your pool isn't going to pull folks away from HYS. At least Yale has an explanation for why they take so long.

Yet.. I still really want to go: good vibes on my visit. Probably a long shot if they haven't read mine yet, tho.

brennanlives

New

Post by brennanlives » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:03 pm

i'm so sorry if this isn't the right place to ask or if this q has already been answered, but for those of you invited to write the merit scholarship essay - did you receive some kind of a receipt of confirmation? any ideas/guesses on a timeline for hearing back?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Fancy Pants

Bronze

Post by Fancy Pants » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:14 pm

jadjerd wrote:Sent 12/3, Complete 12/18.. not Under review yet. This string is not making me hopeful and not impressing me with UC either. Are they really that unaccountable? What does that say about the school's management as a whole?

Anyways.. if anybody has any thoughts based on your collective wisdom of when they might actually take a peak at my application, I'd appreciate it. My buddy attending Michigan now said she didn't get her acceptance until days before her Summer Start at Michigan began, although I don't know when she applied. Lame. Jerking people around because you can't find an efficient way to get through your pool isn't going to pull folks away from HYS. At least Yale has an explanation for why they take so long.

Yet.. I still really want to go: good vibes on my visit. Probably a long shot if they haven't read mine yet, tho.
Actually, UChi does a pretty good job as far as letting you know where they are as far as going over apps via their Twitter account and they move through them in chronological order from when they go complete. If you do follow their Twitter account you'll know that the last batch of decisions that went out (around 2/5) were people going complete from early-mid November (maybe late Nov and a few early Dec as well).

Whereas other schools go through applications seemingly randomly (I'm sure there are reasons for the way they proceed as well), Chicago actually has a very strict process that is easy to follow. I don't know how any of their process accounts to "jerking people around" or being "unaccountable." Sounds more like you're just impatient about not having gone UR, yet.

Sure, you have to wait and that sucks but Chi does a pretty good job letting you know what's going on as far as decisions go.

TheWire

Bronze

Post by TheWire » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:01 pm

I wish there was a way to "Un-tag"

I will always be bitter...

PS. If there is a way to untag and you tell me...I will leave the nicest, sweetest comments after your posts

blue5385

Silver

Post by blue5385 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:59 pm

Fancy Pants wrote:
jadjerd wrote:Sent 12/3, Complete 12/18.. not Under review yet. This string is not making me hopeful and not impressing me with UC either. Are they really that unaccountable? What does that say about the school's management as a whole?

Actually, UChi does a pretty good job as far as letting you know where they are as far as going over apps via their Twitter account and they move through them in chronological order from when they go complete. If you do follow their Twitter account you'll know that the last batch of decisions that went out (around 2/5) were people going complete from early-mid November (maybe late Nov and a few early Dec as well).

Whereas other schools go through applications seemingly randomly (I'm sure there are reasons for the way they proceed as well), Chicago actually has a very strict process that is easy to follow. I don't know how any of their process accounts to "jerking people around" or being "unaccountable." Sounds more like you're just impatient about not having gone UR, yet.

Sure, you have to wait and that sucks but Chi does a pretty good job letting you know what's going on as far as decisions go.
I do think it's fair that they review apps in strictly chronological order, but it's really hard not to get impatient/frustrated when one's app is a couple days away from the 10-week deadline by which they said they would issue a decision and it hasn't even gone under review. Other schools don't have nearly as long of a turnaround time despite being equally busy.

Fancy Pants

Bronze

Post by Fancy Pants » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:06 pm

blue5385 wrote:I do think it's fair that they review apps in strictly chronological order, but it's really hard not to get impatient/frustrated when one's app is a couple days away from the 10-week deadline by which they said they would issue a decision and it hasn't even gone under review. Other schools don't have nearly as long of a turnaround time despite being equally busy.
Yeah they've gone over the 10-week timeframe but my point is that at least they are letting us know what's going on. The poster I quoted made the point that Chicago is "jerking people around" and isn't being "accountable" which is just false. They are being very proactive about keeping people updated with the application process.

And your point about other schools' turnaround is complete nonsense. I applied to Chicago, CLS, NYU, UVA, Cornell and HLS on the same date (beginning of Nov). I herd from NYU in December; Chicago, the beginning of Feb. The same time I heard from Chicago I was asked to do an interview with Cornell and was told I would hear back about my status a week later (a week AFTER I heard from Chicago at the earliest). I'm still pending at both CLS and UVA (now two weeks after I heard from Chicago). I was held at HLS the same time I was given a decision by Chicago. The only school that has gotten back to me significant earlier than Chicago, then, was NYU.

(Also I applied to Duke but they gave me a PT fee waiver so it's not really applicable.)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”