U Chicago 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Amelie
Posts: 814
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Amelie » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:19 pm

puppins wrote:
maggiebre wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:Anyone feel like writing my research paper on whether monetary policy or fiscal policy was more effective during this recession? It only has to be 20pg, it's due Friday, and I've even done some of the research. $20 bucks or best offer. K thx.


Posts like this make me so happy I'm no longer an undergrad.

... While posting while I'm miserably bored at work make me wish I was back in school...


Posts about getting up at 11am make me wish I were back in school.


That too

User avatar
ClemCarter
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:09 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby ClemCarter » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:19 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:What spoiler?! I didn't say anything about his mom! I just said he has one. Everybody has a mom. It's not news.

PS- Helm, you've never even seen GG. Get off this bandwagon.


Is Spencer Pratt the one who plays Chuck Bass? Which one is Lauren Conrad's character?



Laugh it up, fuzzball.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:20 pm

ClemCarter wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:What spoiler?! I didn't say anything about his mom! I just said he has one. Everybody has a mom. It's not news.

PS- Helm, you've never even seen GG. Get off this bandwagon.


Is Spencer Pratt the one who plays Chuck Bass? Which one is Lauren Conrad's character?



Laugh it up, fuzzball.


Don't you have a Twilight screening to go to or something?

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby 02082010 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:21 pm

The Kim Jong illest wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:Anyone feel like writing my research paper on whether monetary policy or fiscal policy was more effective during this recession? It only has to be 20pg, it's due Friday, and I've even done some of the research. $20 bucks or best offer. K thx.


lol a buck a page? I'll give you a penny per word.


So what like $100 bucks? Okay guys, the bidding has started! Do I hear $95?

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby crackberry » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:21 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
maggiebre wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:Anyone feel like writing my research paper on whether monetary policy or fiscal policy was more effective during this recession? It only has to be 20pg, it's due Friday, and I've even done some of the research. $20 bucks or best offer. K thx.


Posts like this make me so happy I'm no longer an undergrad.

... While posting while I'm miserably bored at work make me wish I was back in school...


Only 3 more days of UG for me. THANK GOD.

Yikes. I loved college.

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Kretzy » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:22 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:What spoiler?! I didn't say anything about his mom! I just said he has one. Everybody has a mom. It's not news.

PS- Helm, you've never even seen GG. Get off this bandwagon.


Is Spencer Pratt the one who plays Chuck Bass? Which one is Lauren Conrad's character?



Laugh it up, fuzzball.


Don't you have a Twilight screening to go to or something?


Ahahaha. Robert Pattinson is what I imagine a personification of herpes to look like.

User avatar
ClemCarter
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:09 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby ClemCarter » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:23 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
Don't you have a Twilight screening to go to or something?



What happened to therapist-patient privilege?

The Kim Jong illest
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:01 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby The Kim Jong illest » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:23 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
The Kim Jong illest wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:Anyone feel like writing my research paper on whether monetary policy or fiscal policy was more effective during this recession? It only has to be 20pg, it's due Friday, and I've even done some of the research. $20 bucks or best offer. K thx.


lol a buck a page? I'll give you a penny per word.


So what like $100 bucks? Okay guys, the bidding has started! Do I hear $95?


Wait, what am I doing, I have a job. Make it $300.

Actually, offer rescinded in case an adcomm sees this, knows who I am, and thinks I'm serious. Yeah.
Last edited by The Kim Jong illest on Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby 02082010 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:24 pm

crackberry wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
maggiebre wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:Anyone feel like writing my research paper on whether monetary policy or fiscal policy was more effective during this recession? It only has to be 20pg, it's due Friday, and I've even done some of the research. $20 bucks or best offer. K thx.


Posts like this make me so happy I'm no longer an undergrad.

... While posting while I'm miserably bored at work make me wish I was back in school...


Only 3 more days of UG for me. THANK GOD.

Yikes. I loved college.


As do I, but I'm at 4.5yrs already. I'm living right off-campus for the rest of the year and working at nights at a restaurant and working for the local Congressman's reelection campaign during the day. Should be fairly chill next 7 months. Heading to Europe for 3 weeks during the World Cup in June/July.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:24 pm

ClemCarter wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
Don't you have a Twilight screening to go to or something?



What happened to therapist-patient privilege?


Does that apply when the patient wants to talk trash about the therapist?

User avatar
ClemCarter
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:09 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby ClemCarter » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:24 pm

Kretzy wrote:


Ahahaha. Robert Pattinson is what I imagine a personification of herpes to look like.



He's almost like a real-life Fisher Price man. Giant head, teensy, boxy bod.

User avatar
ClemCarter
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:09 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby ClemCarter » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:25 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
Don't you have a Twilight screening to go to or something?



What happened to therapist-patient privilege?


Does that apply when the patient wants to talk trash about the therapist?



Keep it up. I dare you.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby crackberry » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:25 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
crackberry wrote:Yikes. I loved college.
As do I, but I'm at 4.5yrs already. I'm living right off-campus for the rest of the year and working at nights at a restaurant and working for the local Congressman's reelection campaign during the day. Should be fairly chill next 7 months. Heading to Europe for 3 weeks during the World Cup in June/July.

Isn't the WC in South Africa?

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby gahthelaw » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:25 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
dms87 wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:Oooh. I'm under review now too. Hadn't been checking.


More importantly, Chuck Bass has a mom!!!


Come on now. You can't even wait 24 hours to give a huge spoiler? Please consider the Tivo'ers of the world!


+1


so does this mean that you're catching up so that you, me, clem, and puppins can all watch gg together next year?

User avatar
JollyGreenGiant
Posts: 995
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby JollyGreenGiant » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:26 pm

Y'all are making it very hard for me to follow this thread. :?

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby 02082010 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:27 pm

crackberry wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
crackberry wrote:Yikes. I loved college.
As do I, but I'm at 4.5yrs already. I'm living right off-campus for the rest of the year and working at nights at a restaurant and working for the local Congressman's reelection campaign during the day. Should be fairly chill next 7 months. Heading to Europe for 3 weeks during the World Cup in June/July.

Isn't the WC in South Africa?


Yeah but I'm going to go to the football pubs when I'm in Spain, England and Italy when they have games. Should be rambunctious enough for me.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby puppleberry finn » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:27 pm

gahthelaw wrote:so does this mean that you're catching up so that you, me, clem, and puppins can all watch gg together next year?


I can't wait to hold helm down, ruffle his hair a little, and force him to watch gg.

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby gahthelaw » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:27 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
ClemCarter wrote:What spoiler?! I didn't say anything about his mom! I just said he has one. Everybody has a mom. It's not news.

PS- Helm, you've never even seen GG. Get off this bandwagon.


Is Spencer Pratt the one who plays Chuck Bass? Which one is Lauren Conrad's character?


oh, i see. youre still clueless.

User avatar
ClemCarter
Posts: 248
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:09 am

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby ClemCarter » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:27 pm

gahthelaw wrote:so does this mean that you're catching up so that you, me, clem, and puppins can all watch gg together next year?



Not in the least. He just wanted to jump on the hate-clem-clarter express. Sniff.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby 02082010 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:27 pm

JollyGreenGiant wrote:Y'all are making it very hard for me to follow this thread. :?


Check back in at the end of next week. No decisions released until then IMO.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby Helmholtz » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:28 pm

gahthelaw wrote:so does this mean that you're catching up so that you, me, clem, and puppins can all watch gg together next year?


I made it through about a minute and a half of the pilot before realizing I probably should be studying for finals. I'm still open to the possibility of watching and catching up, though. Unless people on here spoil it by giving away the plot...............

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby crackberry » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:29 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
crackberry wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
crackberry wrote:Yikes. I loved college.
As do I, but I'm at 4.5yrs already. I'm living right off-campus for the rest of the year and working at nights at a restaurant and working for the local Congressman's reelection campaign during the day. Should be fairly chill next 7 months. Heading to Europe for 3 weeks during the World Cup in June/July.

Isn't the WC in South Africa?


Yeah but I'm going to go to the football pubs when I'm in Spain, England and Italy when they have games. Should be rambunctious enough for me.

Yeah, agreed.

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby gahthelaw » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:29 pm

puppins wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:so does this mean that you're catching up so that you, me, clem, and puppins can all watch gg together next year?


I can't wait to hold helm down, ruffle his hair a little, and force him to watch gg.


unfortunately i probably wont be around to participate since instead of going to law school i am going to have to start working at starbucks again or something. if i really kick it into high gear i think i can make manager by 25.

User avatar
gahthelaw
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby gahthelaw » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:29 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:so does this mean that you're catching up so that you, me, clem, and puppins can all watch gg together next year?


I made it through about a minute and a half of the pilot before realizing I probably should be studying for finals. I'm still open to the possibility of watching and catching up, though. Unless people on here spoil it by giving away the plot...............


its ok - the plot isn't the most important part. just look at the shiny clothes.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: U Chicago 2010

Postby puppleberry finn » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:30 pm

gahthelaw wrote:
puppins wrote:
gahthelaw wrote:so does this mean that you're catching up so that you, me, clem, and puppins can all watch gg together next year?


I can't wait to hold helm down, ruffle his hair a little, and force him to watch gg.


unfortunately i probably wont be around to participate since instead of going to law school i am going to have to start working at starbucks again or something. if i really kick it into high gear i think i can make manager by 25.


but you have to hold his feet while I hold his arms!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BrainsyK, carlos_danger, Google Adsense [Bot], liuwenyu, mccracal, mintme, potterotter and 21 guests